Ardeth Bey in da house

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueCylon

Super Freak
Reaction score
My grail has finally arrived :)

4012618164_ddf6bcca69_b.jpg

Mint never displayed until now.

4012624744_d0271ec717_b.jpg

4012627862_b30d0d77ca_b.jpg

Totally awesome! By the amazing Mike Hill.

4011900205_7265c2e00c_b.jpg

Waited a long time to get this masterpiece!

4011902913_0e07f9d3a2_b.jpg

meh...sse version superior

No question. But getting one is near enough impossible. I would love an SSE of Ardeth. But I know it's not going to happen. I was more than lucky to get this, and that was only because someone read my thread here.

Wow... I hate you...

J/K (not really). That is gorgeous, CONGRATS! Someday I hope to have my one...

meh...sse version superior

Because there are only 15, its superior? or is it because those snazzy Egyptian colors that grace the base just look so much better in black and white?:monkey3

Perhaps you have your reasons for preferring a SSE, and thinking its all that and a taxi cab. But to call it a superior product by removing the color is a little biased.

When you really want something you tend to get silly on the price. I know I did. But then again I don't intend to part with it anytime soon.

I think you may be right on the colour. I love Ardeth in colour, and I'm the same on the Mummy PF. Although I wished the deal with the Mummy PF had worked and I did not receive it with broken legs, the colour one I snagged afterwards just looks better.

I want to get Dracula in colour as well now.

rogue...holy cow, man. congrats! that is gorgeous. i actually like that version better than the exclusive. the colors are very vibrant.

color > sse

Its amazing the power the low edition size has over collectors :emperor

My point exactly. The Egyptian color motif looks bland in black and white. I don't care if they only made 5 SSE versions, the color version is just more visually stunning. I don't even know why I continue to beat this dead horse anyway. The very fact that they release the color versions first and in greater number proves they sell better and people prefer them. SSE is a niche market allowing SSC to charge more money for less paint and create a false sense of urgency to have one by limiting/rationing them. It makes me feel bad for folks who genuinely want both versions as completeists. But to say "That's an awesome piece---I am going to hold out to get one that is coming out months later in an SSE version (and no guarantee it will) is primarily based on the low edition size/variant "panic" Sideshow has successfully induced amongst a small group of speculators and an even smaller group of actual consumers.:pow:violin:stick:horse:rip

Back