Archery. Compound Bows, Cross Bows, Long Bows...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at that one too but again it has a lot of mixed reviews. I've read a lot of reports about the limbs becoming de-laminated. The Spectre is under $100 but again it's also made of PVC so I'm not sure about it either. That being said I would love to give both of them a try one of these days.

Ya me too, I'm not too sure if the bad ones are about the older models.

I have a Horton Scout 125 and I just got a Strykezone 380 a couple days ago. Wish the rain would stop!

Nice! What's your thought on the Horton Scout 125? I know its for small game but quality wise?

Ya me too, I'm not too sure if the bad ones are about the older models.

Nice! What's your thought on the Horton Scout 125? I know its for small game but quality wise?

I scored mine cheap on craigslist. It is the first crossbow I've ever touched so I'm probably not the best judge. It is very solid and very fun to shoot. I have it unstrung right now so I don't have to worry about security at cons.

I'm actually a little scared of the Stryker to be honest. With the known limb issues (bought it used so no warranty) and from what I hear about it being very picky about bolt weight, I'm definitely intimidated.

I scored mine cheap on craigslist. It is the first crossbow I've ever touched so I'm probably not the best judge. It is very solid and very fun to shoot. I have it unstrung right now so I don't have to worry about security at cons.

I'm actually a little scared of the Stryker to be honest. With the known limb issues (bought it used so no warranty) and from what I hear about it being very picky about bolt weight, I'm definitely intimidated.

Cool thanks. Maybe I'll start with a 80 pounds crossbow pistol.

Brought my bow out today. Here's a grouping 20 yards out, first time shooting a compound bow. Fun stuff
177D52A0-3560-4095-88C5-3A8D3A647339-8486-00000582DC5945D6_zpsbad1f305.jpg

Nice group. I am really getting fired up to get a bow. So far...I am leaning toward a recurve and I am eyeing a 62", Predator Velocity with 55 pound limbs. At the price the limbs are going for, I am going to go a little heavier draw and struggle through the adjustment to them. That way, I also feel that I am not losing much if I decide not to buy heavier limbs as well.

My compound bow is set at 55# 30" draw. I think I need to decrease the draw to 29". Damn, for me 55# is a workout if you shoot a lot. I think if I get a recurve I'll go 40#. I met some archers who were cool and told me another archery shop that lets you shoot before you buy in their indoor range, I may check that place out.

The guys told me the grouping were good at 20yds for a beginner. They said every 10yds you want minimum of 1" groups. So 20yds grouping should be 2" groupings and 50yds 5" grouping and so forth. Is he talking pro shooters? Lol

My compound bow is set at 55# 30" draw. I think I need to decrease the draw to 29". Damn, for me 55# is a workout if you shoot a lot. I think if I get a recurve I'll go 40#. I met some archers who were cool and told me another archery shop that lets you shoot before you buy in their indoor range, I may check that place out.

The guys told me the grouping were good at 20yds for a beginner. They said every 10yds you want minimum of 1" groups. So 20yds grouping should be 2" groupings and 50yds 5" grouping and so forth. Is he talking pro shooters? Lol

LOL...I don't know, but I know he isn't talking about MY groups! I expect them to be all over the place for quite some time after I get my bow.:lol

I have a recurve myself and yes it is a lot harder to shoot accurately. I have a PSE Stalker recurve and my groupings are non-existent. With a recurve and a sight I have tight groupings.

But with my recurve i have to do more shooting. I refuse to use a sight with the recurve. So more practice is needed.

I have a recurve myself and yes it is a lot harder to shoot accurately. I have a PSE Stalker recurve and my groupings are non-existent. With a recurve and a sight I have tight groupings.

But with my recurve i have to do more shooting. I refuse to use a sight with the recurve. So more practice is needed.

Cool I could imagine how harder a recurve is to shoot. How far is the target?

Brought my bow tonight to shorten the draw from 30"-28.5". Night and day difference. Shot a few arrows to adjust the 20yds pin. They was letting me use the indoor range for free and didn't charge to adjust the draw even tho they had to put it on a press. So I bought a bow stand and arrow case. Gonna buy a dozen arrows next time I go there.

Do you hunt or just for target? Love to see some pictures.

My compound bow is expected to arrive today, exciting. I checked out one of my local archery range this weekend and they got the place set up with animal targets like you are in their environment. Pretty cool.

Since sports authority has a 20% off coupon I have my eyes set on the PSE Copperhead crossbow they have. Anyone experienced with it or know of any who has?

Heya Darkknight.. I do a bit of both.

This is a pic of the new bow.. I am waiting for a new sight.. I ordered the trophy ridge react sight but its taking its sweet time getting to Australia.

attachment.php

I have no experience with crossbows except for the fact that they look pretty.

Brought her out to the range to set the 30yds pin
5BDBBE4D-E710-40A9-B5BF-9A5929A770B0-17570-00000B7B3A33EEE6_zps8d77ef56.jpg

Nice looking bow Darkknight. How is the stabiliser on it? I found that the stock one on my brute x was real flimsy.. I changed to a fuse blade it gave me much better stability and shock stability.

Heya Darkknight.. I do a bit of both.

This is a pic of the new bow.. I am waiting for a new sight.. I ordered the trophy ridge react sight but its taking its sweet time getting to Australia.

attachment.php

I have no experience with crossbows except for the fact that they look pretty.

Pictures aren't showing on my end.

How far are your targets when you go hunting?
What poundage are you pulling?

I tried posting a link to my bow but it says awaiting mod response.. Odd..

I pull 70 pounds. Targets are about 30-50 metres.

I have a Hoyt Ultra Elite Compound.
I shoot at the local club where we have a forest course(And we have a hall we rent in the winter time so we can still shoot).
It's a lot of fun.

Back