Arcade Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers!

One of my favorite styles is just doing very loose ink brush sketching. Gonna do a few Batman ones like this, similar to Mazzuchelli, Cooke, Sale, etc.

I look forward to seeing those i love Mazuchelli. Did you hear that IDW are bringing back The Crow comic with O'Barr on covers and he may do some new stories.

Very nice updates on the series, my friend.

Excellent artwork! :rock

Thank you! I actually started digitally painting some of these just to see how they would come out. I'll post those when I get home.

I look forward to seeing those i love Mazuchelli. Did you hear that IDW are bringing back The Crow comic with O'Barr on covers and he may do some new stories.

WHAT?! Really?! That's awesome news. I just saw one of his original trades at a shop that wanted $50 for it I was like whaaaaat. But this is great. I got to meet him like what maybe 10 years ago. Nice guy. I forgot to ask for a sketch. One of my favorite simple pieces in my statue collection was the Gabe Marquez Crow FS with the shotgun and katana.

Thank you! I actually started digitally painting some of these just to see how they would come out. I'll post those when I get home.

WHAT?! Really?! That's awesome news. I just saw one of his original trades at a shop that wanted $50 for it I was like whaaaaat. But this is great. I got to meet him like what maybe 10 years ago. Nice guy. I forgot to ask for a sketch. One of my favorite simple pieces in my statue collection was the Gabe Marquez Crow FS with the shotgun and katana.

I got that statue as well Ashley Wood will be doing the cover art on the Crow comic. the original Crow was reprinted recently with loads of new stuff in it.
Here is some info i found out for you.
IDW's Dirk Wood announced that the team on The Crow includes John Shirley, who's a horror novelist. He also wrote the first draft of the screenplay for the original Crow movie. Kevin Colden, an Eisner Award nominee for Fish Town, is doing the art. Wood says, "He does really dark, cool... it's reminiscent of what [Crow creator] James O'Barr did without being derivative of it. It's gonna be good. We're gonna have Ashley Wood doing covers for that. And James O'Barr is working on his own Crow series that will come out later in the next year or so."

I got that statue as well Ashley Wood will be doing the cover art on the Crow comic. the original Crow was reprinted recently with loads of new stuff in it.
Here is some info i found out for you.
IDW's Dirk Wood announced that the team on The Crow includes John Shirley, who's a horror novelist. He also wrote the first draft of the screenplay for the original Crow movie. Kevin Colden, an Eisner Award nominee for Fish Town, is doing the art. Wood says, "He does really dark, cool... it's reminiscent of what [Crow creator] James O'Barr did without being derivative of it. It's gonna be good. We're gonna have Ashley Wood doing covers for that. And James O'Barr is working on his own Crow series that will come out later in the next year or so."

Wow two books about the Crow. And both sound really good. I can't wait. I love Wood's style. Very dream-like. And now that I think of it, has Maleev ever drawn the Crow? A comic in his gritty style would be interesting.

Just found this thread. Love your work man! :duff

Thanks man! I try to stay versatile.

Here's a digitally painted piece from a sketch I posted last week.

tigher.jpg

Wow two books about the Crow. And both sound really good. I can't wait. I love Wood's style. Very dream-like. And now that I think of it, has Maleev ever drawn the Crow? A comic in his gritty style would be interesting.

Maleev did the art on the Crow Flesh and Blood and Dead Time back before he was all digital.

Maleev did the art on the Crow Flesh and Blood and Dead Time back before he was all digital.

Really? I might have seen that then and just never put any effort into seeing more of it at the time. I'm not that crazy about his work but it definitely has an appeal for certain stories.

Was inspired by a Swiss drawing that featured a soldier in this same exact pose. I borrowed the same style to draw it and even used a crow quill pen dipped in sepia ink on classic cream paper.

turtle.jpg

Nice work did you ever see what Michael Zulli did with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Quick Catwoman pin up sketch. I generally prefer to work in ink like this. I'm mostly likely going to vectorize this and turn it into a shirt design.

HereKittyKittySM.jpg

Back