ARC 170 Pilot helmet- Force 28x

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already worth a Sideshow production prototype, far from being a custom fanmade thing! Respect!

Okay, Dorgs, here you go...
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Sorry for the delay, been caught up in regular work this week.
But, I did find time to cast this as-is so I can sculpt the details.
I casted a second copy to do some other mods to.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone, I think it is coming along nicely.

Man that is looking awesome! Can you post a pic of the actual helmet so we can compare it. But from what i see its looking badass!

Another weekend...
I'm fussing with it now, getting details marked out, finishing the front part, re-installing the vents, and working out the 'ears'.
This is the part that can make or break it, so I tend to rework a lot of detail at this stage.
The front is still under development, but I think that it is coming together.
IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Speaker detail:
IMG_0344.jpg

Back view, minus the 'button'.
IMG_0342.jpg

Thanks for looking!

GOOD GOSH!!! MY WORD!!! HOLY TROUSERS ON FIRE!!!

This really is a true work of art.... so stunning and the detailing is mind blowing beyond belief!!! Wonderful stuff and I love seeing the updates!!

WOW! John, i cant even put into words how awesome the helmet is looking.just awesome! Are you designing the front part to seperate? That way it will be easier to mold?

Big night last night.
I took the Hasbro AT-AT driver coveralls and pulled them over my 'manneclone' with armor intact. It actually looks similar to what I think the ROTS models were meant to, although it seems like one of the worst ideas ever. Armor is bad enough to sit in, now pull some coveralls over it...
Anyway, I finished the 'button' on the back did a lot more fussing with details, and gave it a nice primer coat to tie it together.
IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Not being able to stop there, this morning I cut the visor out of a prescription pill bottle. You never know what will come in handy, LOL.
IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0351-1.jpg

And the front...
IMG_0350.jpg

Clearly, the 'teeth' are too long. Side view from the chronicles book shows that they should not extend lower than the hose intakes, so I may cat it like this and then change the teeth. I like them long, so maybe I can find an EU use for them.

I also need to make the visor 'attachment points' and the triangle indentions on the front sides.

Here are some screenshots...
rotspilots.jpg

Thanks again for the encouragement and feedback!

Man that looks freaking awesome! Brillant idea about using the pill bottle for the visor. I was wondering how you would pull that off.

Back