Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

you mean cancel the exc. and buy the reg.? you dont need to because the hands are interchangeable. you get both with the exc.

Yeah, I was wondering for a second what the deal was. The exclusive comes with an extra hand, right? I'll have to say, this is a very nice piece. I don't collect PFs, but it is tempting. I wish the 12" Aragorn had a face like this. :(

I have ordered it but I'm not really sure I like the Excl. MIght cancel and get the standard via AD to save a couple of bucks.

I had to go for the exculsive edition... what's not to like about the interchangeable hand holding the Elven Knife? If you happen to have Lurtz then it ought to add a pretty cool display option for showing them off together. And the hands will presumably be magnetized like with the Lurtz exclusive.

The costume and detailed leather sword belt and scabbard look amazing on the prototype. Very realistic. The portrait is the best human likeness on any of the LOTR PFs so far, and the pose is classic Aragorn.

I figured it would be around $300, but this fantastic representation of Aragorn is so worth it to me. Thank god for Flexpay!

Quite like the sculpt on this one. Order the excl., this will be my first PF.

Did I miss something? I was flying somewhere over the midwest during this newsletter release, rushed home to view newsletter and order Aragorn PF, and am left scratching my head as to where the rest of the newsletter is. I don't like this format at all; hope it was a one time thing and due to Jan 1st announcements. :confused::confused:

Without a doubt, the BEST Viggo likeness of any figure....ORDERED! Hopefully nothing changes from the proto in the meantime..:rolleyes:...Don't fix it if it aint broke!

Best Viggo likeness no doubt. To bad about the green cloak and the colour of the boots. Weathering and dirt on the clothing, especially the leather jerkin and the pants, is off too.

I'll try and snag one after it's shipped.

Despite the good responses, this is not a "sold-out-within-2-hours-of-listing" kind of item...:eek:

This looks about perfect to me. Best Viggo likeness ever, maybe the best portrait SS has ever done. At least a close second to the 12'' Old Ben.

Despite the good responses, this is not a "sold-out-within-2-hours-of-listing" kind of item...:eek:

I don't think people were ready for this or Anakin. Plus lots of people are still on vacation and what not.

At $300 a pop, it doesn't surprise me. The edition size would have to be very low for that to happen now. Might have been a different story if this Aragorn had been offered right after the release of Two Towers, tho!

Lurtz Exclusive was sold out pretty quickly, but that was because it had a limited edition size which was set the moment it came up for pre-order. With a "Edition size TBD" you hardly ever have a sold-out figure within a certain time frame.

Exclusive not a must, IMO, and I don't particularly care for the $300 price tag. He should be the same price as Gandalf. Regardless, Sideshow really hit this one out of the park. Nice job!

I'm torn between the two. The regular hand reminds me of the scene after he says his goodbyes to Frodo, turns around, sees all the Uruk-hai and calmly grabs his sword with both hands and walks towards them ready to take some heads. That scene has always given me goosebumps and puts a smile on my face. I may end up changing my exclusive to a regular just so I can have that image in my mind everytime I see this statue.

That's the scene its from... and doesn't the Exclusive give you both hands?

Back