Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

aragorn019.jpg

I still think he would benefit from a relatively minor repaint around the eyes, but the piece rocks well...

WrathofSauron asked how moveable the tendril of forehead hair is. Mine did not arrive broken, it moves rather easily and is flush to the forehead. But....it hangs over his eye. I can move it up higher but it won't stay that way until I figure out some way to hold it up. I really don't want to glue it.

Its really a minor problem but curious if anyone else has this situation.

Absolutely must have figure though -- best Aragorn yet.

DonnamiraTook

aragorn019.jpg

I still think he would benefit from a relatively minor repaint around the eyes, but the piece rocks well...

speaking of that, it seems some of you are redoing bits. someone repainted the base and another redid the scabbard. anyone think of messing w/ the boots? i'm thinking of putting some flocking on them to give them a brushed leather look. maybe a bit of brown paint so they're not so green. tie some real string around them.

speaking of that, it seems some of you are redoing bits. someone repainted the base and another redid the scabbard. anyone think of messing w/ the boots? i'm thinking of putting some flocking on them to give them a brushed leather look. maybe a bit of brown paint so they're not so green. tie some real string around them.

I would use paint before messing with flocking. You can fix paint but if you screw up the flocking or don't like it...a mess.

As I stated in an earlier post, my Aragorn Ex arrived with the strand of hair broken off and the strand nowhere to be found. I spoke to Cathy in CS (always super nice to deal with), she got my info and said that I would receive a return label, etc. I've never had to return anything before, so how long does it usually take to receive a replacement?:confused:

As I stated in an earlier post, my Aragorn Ex arrived with the strand of hair broken off and the strand nowhere to be found. I spoke to Cathy in CS (always super nice to deal with), she got my info and said that I would receive a return label, etc. I've never had to return anything before, so how long does it usually take to receive a replacement?:confused:

Best case scenario, 2-3 weeks, depending on where you live in relation to Sideshow. I'm an East-coaster, and the few times I've had to get a replacement it'd been about 3 weeks (keeps fingers crossed that Aragorn arrives tomorrow undamaged!).

Got mine the other day (exclusive). Luckily, it came in mint condition. I am happy with it. I was pretty upset originally when the production photos came out. But, in the end I actually like it alot.

I still prefer the prototype. But, I am still glad I decided to keep it. Nice job Sideshow.

Last edited:

Got mine the other day (exclusive). Luckily, it came in mint condition. I am happy with it. I was pretty upset originally when the production photos came out. But, in the end I actually like it alot.

I still prefer the prototype. But, I am still glad I decided to keep it. Nice job Sideshow.

Good to hear your impressed man.:D

I get mine this week and am looking forward to him.

It came out alot better then I thought it would, and the issue w/the eyes is not even noticeable when it's displayed. Only when you are UP CLOSE to it, do you notice the orange ring. It's not a big deal to me.

I'm happy with it. Lurtz is still King in the LotR p.f. collection. But, Aragorn is actually my favorite, as he is my favorite character.

Best case scenario, 2-3 weeks, depending on where you live in relation to Sideshow. I'm an East-coaster, and the few times I've had to get a replacement it'd been about 3 weeks (keeps fingers crossed that Aragorn arrives tomorrow undamaged!).

Do they ever sell slighty damaged items for a discount? Something like that broken piece of hair could be easily fixed or dealt with. I wouldn't pay full price for something that was broken in anyway, but if you know it's slighty damaged and easily fixed, then it might be worth getting at a lower price. I know they have damaged box sales, but what about returned damaged items?

Just opened mine and it was a thrill, although I don't think the likeness is quite there, maybe if I look from really far away. He doesn't look all that much like viggo. The costume is fantastic with nice leather details. The exclusive extra hand is better than the open hand, but didn't blow me over. Overall, worth it, but that definitive sculpt of viggo remains elusive.

It came out alot better then I thought it would, and the issue w/the eyes is not even noticeable when it's displayed. Only when you are UP CLOSE to it, do you notice the orange ring. It's not a big deal to me.

I'm happy with it. Lurtz is still King in the LotR p.f. collection. But, Aragorn is actually my favorite, as he is my favorite character.

I want a Lurtz 1/6! My Boromir wants his revenge!

I'm glad you liked it. I've never had a problem with my Frodo PF and most people's pics were unflattering to say the least. Aragorn looks better in photos than Frodo did. In person he probably looks great.

To be honest the Frodo PF (along with Gandalf the White and Galadriel) kind of turned me off to this line, but I have experienced what you are describing with other pieces. Sometimes things look good in person and bad in photos. I might have to look into it.

Back