Aragorn Low Quantity Alert!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even a 12" collector, and I LOVE the costume on this Aragorn. The pipe and cloak remind me of the Green Dragon. I really hope the PF has a costume that has all his ranger gear (including the hood) like this:

92061press010011pl.jpg

That exact image above would've been a perfect PF. I can't wait to see the 1/4 LOTR costumes!:google

The PF format seems like a perfect fit for LOTR.

elwood49 said:
92061press010011pl.jpg

That exact image above would've been a perfect PF. I can't wait to see the 1/4 LOTR costumes!:google

The PF format seems like a perfect fit for LOTR.
If I didn't already know that this was a 1/6 piece I could easily mistake it for PF, it's that good.

Yeah, this is by far one of the coolest looking 12" figures I've ever seen. I'm stoked to be able to see it at SDCC this summer. This LOTR line much like the SW line will kick any other 12" lines ass. Though I think the LOTR line will blow away the SW line in detail of the costumes. Just looking at Aragorn I think many can see that. SS has really hit a big league home run with these two lines. Aragorn just plain kicks ASS!!!!

Edited: Because my fingers typed something the brain wasn't thinking about. LOL

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
Yeah, this is by far one of the coolest looking PF figures I've ever seen.

Josh, by PF I meant Premium Format, or 1/4. I was saying that I hope the 1/4 Aragorn looks like this.

elwood49 said:
Josh, by PF I meant Premium Format, or 1/4. I was saying that I hope the 1/4 Aragorn looks like this.

LOL I mistyped what I meant. I was thinking 12" and typed PF instead.:banghead :wacky

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Aragorn 1/4 that will be awesome as well I think.

Seems he's returned to the Sideshow website now !.
A Hobbit who i know from Staddle ( who will remain nameless! ) informs me he saw him in The Prancing Pony having a swift pint !!!:D :D :D

You know, in a way it makes me glad I have already achieved my quest for a polystone Aragorn. Because if I hadn't already gotten it, seeing this figure might have made me forget about the quest altogether! This figure would easily fit in with the polystone statues on display.

Oh, so will I! My only point was that this piece is so good that if I didn't already own the polystone Aragorn, I wouldn't feel nearly as compelled to try to find one. This piece is almost as good (IMO) as the polystone piece, and less than 1/10th the price.

RoboDad said:
Oh, so will I! My only point was that this piece is so good that if I didn't already own the polystone Aragorn, I wouldn't feel nearly as compelled to try to find one. This piece is almost as good (IMO) as the polystone piece, and less than 1/10th the price.

Got ya.:D :banana

I was not going to get any 12" pieces, but he was to good to pass up. I just made getting the ecclusive piece. The hood and pipe are nice extras. Strider is my favorite charactor from the book and he looks like he is at the Prancing Pony.

No way will I mix any of my diferent lines of collectibles. Compared to the polystone statues the 12" look so cheap. They just wouldnt go well together in my opinion. I think it looks tacky, so I keep all my SSW stuff separate, the only non SSW I have displayed with it is my Jens Hansen one ring.

I'm gonna keep mine in the package along with my other 12" pieces...for now anyway.

I like to display them like books on a shelf, this way I can take them down have a little bio on the film, and character and appreciate the figure.

Later on I may open them to display them, but, I even when I collected Toybiz I was always an on card collector.

Agent23 said:
Later on I may open them to display them, but, I even when I collected Toybiz I was always an on card collector.

Ah I remember doing that with my toybiz LOTR figures (keeping them on the card that is) and then my collection grew to over 50. Then I started to run out of room in the closet and so I made the decision to take them out of their boxes and they sit on two shelves now. I quite like them all displayed now...though I understand the want to keep them on their cards (so to speak).

Of course I've kept all my play along ones on their cards and one toybiz one (Twilight Frodo in original TT packaging...though it's not that rare by any means anymore...oh well). :D

Yea, I was at the point where I had over 200 Toybiz figures. Plus the gift-packs, horse & rider sets, etc.

I sold 90% of my stuff, donated a few to Toy for Tots, and probably will the rest of them as well. Just not into them anymore.

I really like the new Sideshow line alot thou.

HighElven said:
No way will I mix any of my diferent lines of collectibles. Compared to the polystone statues the 12" look so cheap. They just wouldnt go well together in my opinion. I think it looks tacky, so I keep all my SSW stuff separate, the only non SSW I have displayed with it is my Jens Hansen one ring.

I guess for me personally I just don't worry about it looking tacky. It's all LOTR and will be seperated by section. So they will be mixed but not SSW right next to the 12" or PF.

I like to display them like books on a shelf, this way I can take them down have a little bio on the film, and character and appreciate the figure.

Hec! I don't even take it out of the brown cardboard box it comes shipped in! I just display the cardboard box on a glass pedestal with UPS labels and all ;)

I think it looks tacky, so I keep all my SSW stuff separate

Forget tacky! Think about geeky!

Eric

Back