Aragorn exclusive item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the new picture Aragorn does have a cloak on, but apparently not the elven cloak (no leaf-clasp). Maybe the clasp is the exclusive?

I think SSC will try to do for the LOTR line what they are attempting with the Star Wars line, namely making figures that will span as much of the timeline as possible, instead of having endless variations.

Aragorn briefly handles the shards of Narsil in Fellowship, so that might be the exclusive. It's important to the character, but not integral to the figure.

The Narsil hilt would be a nice nod to the books. :)

But how do the SW figs span as much of the timeline as possible? The PF ones are mostly ANH, and of the 12" ones, Luke is ROTJ, Anakin and Obi-wan ROTS.

They span one movie each. You can't do much better, even with Aragorn -- who changed his shirt in TTT, got himself a red one...

Seretur said:
The Narsil hilt would be a nice nod to the books. :)

But how do the SW figs span as much of the timeline as possible? The PF ones are mostly ANH, and of the 12" ones, Luke is ROTJ, Anakin and Obi-wan ROTS.

They span one movie each. You can't do much better, even with Aragorn -- who changed his shirt in TTT, got himself a red one...

Luke went through several changes in ROTJ (glove v. no glove, vest v. jedi belt, etc.) and we're getting almost all of those variations in one figure. Considering Hasbro gave us about twenty different ROTJ Lukes, I'd say that's pretty good. Also Anakin can be displayed gloved or with the emchanical arm exposed, so he's a pretty efficient ROTS Anakin as well (although the Sith eyes alternate head would have been nice.)

I realize it might be difficult for Strider to span more than one movie, but I think it's likely the figure will be able to represent Aragorn at ANY point in Fellowship, i.e. in elven cloak, Bree cloak, w. or w/o Boromir's gauntlets.

For me, the Bree cloak isn't important enough to include. I'd rather have his pipe, not that it's likely I'll display him sitting and smoking...:rolleyes:

I'll throw my vote to the Elven knife gifted to him by Celeborn. That would be awesome, though I still have yet to decide whether this is deserving of my spending the money on it.

Here's a cool suggestion for the exclusive item, small, but important: how about the hilt of the Morgul blade? I guess the WiKi would come with the knife still intact, so no interference there. I don't think that the pipe qualifies as an exclusive. I consider it a standard item, since almost every member of the fellowship smokes from time to time and should have a pipe. So you can't really give Strider a pipe as an exclusive, and let the other fellowship members have one as a standard item. And there is also plenty of time to introduce the shards of Narzil. With Isildur for instance.

Perhaps the exclusive item will be a model of a deer that can be placed over Strider's shoulders and so that you can re-enact the scene from the EE dvd and pretend that he has just killed it to feed himself and the hobbits!.:D

Of course you will probably have to wait until all four hobbits have been made to really re-enact the scene properly but you get the idea.:D

Seriously though...Strider will obviously come with his Ranger sword so perhaps the exclusive could include a small second scabbard containing his hunting knife which can be attached to the main sword and scabbard.
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

There's no way the pipe is the exclusive. This is the first figure in a highly anticipated line. The exclusive is going to be something much more worthwhile, particularly if they want to rope us into paying them directly.

My guess: Morgul blade or Narsil hilt.

Back