Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this one pre-ordered from Toy Anxiety for months (with a 10% deposit), and I don't regret it one bit. It looks better than I had hoped. I really didn't want another rearing pose, and I love the use of color on the piece.

And I have to say I got a good laugh from pitchin4eva's composite picture on the previous page. Looks like Legolas is about to give Aragorn's horse a big surprise! :rollin

I've decided I'll be keeping my preorder on this piece, because I do think it's the best Aragorn piece, but I just expected so much more out of it. It looks nothing like Viggo, IMO. Elessar looks the most like Viggo, but he looks too cross-eyed for me to buy.

I'll be keeping my order, but the only problem I see is the paint, looks to bright, but that could just be the photo. This is where the so-called cartoon look comes from. Just looks to "clean" to be riding off into battle. Same with Legolas/Arod, and Mumak. More detail in the paint would change this.

Sideshows website has been hacked!!!

Some joker seems to have put up picks of a "ToyBiz" Aragorn on Brego toy!! :bonk

Hehe...they should rename it...Pony and Rider series.

Only one *I think* worth picking up is the RWOS.

I really hope this piece undergoes some MAJOR retooling on the face, much in the same way that Eowyn was done.

Weta has really never been up on their human likenesses, but this is right up there with the Aragorn as Arathorn likeness in terms of how bad it looks. It reminds me of how the Attakus humans sculpts look.

Well done Weta, what a stunning job. Yet another horse pose that's different ... perfect! Love the detail and everything about it.
Even Aragorn's face looks fine to me.

My money is gone ... yet again .:bang

I think its awful.
I much rather the static horse and rider pieces.
Cancelled!

Myself, I love it.

Glad I have Elessar coming back, will look good displaying them together.

personally i would like to thank Sideshow...!

why...?

cause the pose... i was so hoping that it would not end up being another 22" high statue... this pose is excellent...

the amount of color seems like it might be too much, but it looks good...

i do have to agree that the likeness MIGHT be off. but if he was making some kind of grimace during the charge, this could be the reason for it...

i will keep my order open unless i see some new pics that turns me off of it...

wow, great job on the ES of 5000...

i would have expected closer to 9500...

nice job on this one SS...

Since when do you collect any of the statues, I thought you were strictly a helm and bust guy?
Whilst I am mainly a helm guy, I have 4 statues and 6 busts. I get what I like.
And Dave, I'm loving the book still. Cheers. :banana

Also, perhaps saying it was awful was a stretch, but I really dont like it.

Yeah, 5k on this and Legolas/Gimli is really nice right inline with the RWOS so if the ES gets complained we already have one at 5k. The likeness is a tad off but other than that this statue gets a thumbs up from me.

Not too bad. But I'd pick Legolas/Glimi on Arod on top of this. I've already pre-ordered the Arod so I will hold this piece off a little bit.

Hey Fell Beast,

I guess you did not read my posts on Legolas/Gimli from a while back.

I said it was cartoony as well.

I had lasik done last year and do not need glasses. ;)

Back