Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROTOTYPE

Im just saying that it would of been awesome if Gandalf would of had this pose

As usual, it does not look like him. I wish Sideshow would get their act together. There are so many talented people out there that they can hire who will get the likenesses just right. Morons!

Other than that, it's very nice.

Dave

Thanks for the photos.

Is it just me or does it look like Aragorn (in the last photo) has some major allergies, he's conjested and he can't breathe. So he has taken a LARGE amount of Sudafed or Nyquil, and is about to pass out. :x

I agree...that Gandalf pose would have been awesome. One of my favorite scenes from ROTK.

Looks like Aragorn to me. :dunno

Maybe they ARE changing it to a charging Faramir! Then they can say "Well it's not a new statue announcement, we just changed the look of an existing one a bit!"

Personally, I think they may have placed a PROTOTYPE banner because of a spate of cancellations.

If any thing changes, it will be the colour and/or facial accuracy.

I read this in another forum that this would of been great pose for Gandalf with his staff out and Shadowfax in the gallop.

That would have been a great pose for Gandalf with his staff alight riding out to Pelannor. Then they could have used the rearing pose for Aragorn, like the kingly pic that Josh posted before. I do agree with others that 2 rearing horse statues would have been a bit much.

Which is why I think when they went with the pose they did on the Gandalf piece they went with this on the Aragorn one. Its something totally different that we don't have in the Rider series. We have a couple static poses, a rearing pose, a fighting action pose with Leg/Gimli, and now a charging pose. A little something of everything is kind of cool IMO.

Then they could have used the rearing pose for Aragorn, like the kingly pic that Josh posted before.

Bingo! Kingly, not a stoned looking Rohirrum charging pelennor fields without helmet.Who cares if shadowfax is already rearing? It fit Gandalf & Shadowfax because of him kicking Uruk ass in TTT, (and he is in a downward lunge) just like this WOULD have if it had been even remotely close to what everyone said they were expecting, like in the pics posted, and the announcement banner showed. Josh, you were pretty much the ring leader for that pose, and now you say that you love this? Huh? What? Honestly, I think you don't truly speak your mind because you don't want anyone at Sideshow to read your dissapointment in a forum, and I don't mean that in a nasty, sarcastic way. Sheesh, could it be any more obvious that Weta was rushing to end the line?

Josh, you were pretty much the ring leader for that pose, and now you say that you love this? Huh? What? Honestly, I think you don't truly speak your mind because you don't want anyone at Sideshow to read your dissapointment in a forum, and I don't mean that in a nasty, sarcastic way.

Well, that was a pose I would have really liked. I do really like this pose its very catching to my eyes anyway. I just try to keep my mind open to whatever may come down the pipe from SS when it came to the LOTR items. Just cause they don't go with my first choice is no reason for me to go off and be upset. If I see something I don't like I will say something about a piece. I said I thought the likeness was off on this piece but its not something I can't live with. I'm really rarily disaapointed with any of the LOTR items. I'm always amazed at really how good looking they are. I didn't take your comments as anything but positive.

Here are two shots from this site that has great stills from the movie. The first is a distant shot but I think if you look you can tell they are charging hard back at the men. Probably where the pose comes from and also the second pic is them slowing down.

If indeed that is the scene that the pose originates from, then it's rather lame, in my opinion. Aragorn has just lopped off the head of the Mouth of Sauron, the gates upon up fully to reveal the orc army and Aragorn and the gang gasp, "Yikes!" and gallop back to their side... :dunno

I know it's been said a thousand times, but I would have preferred a more noble pose.

He is running to gather his men. Nothing lame about that. IF you saw that many of the other side coming at ya you'd probably @#%$ your pants.

I think I will end up cancelling, just not feeling it but that gives some else a chance at him. Got to save up for the big guys.

Thanks for the new pics in other threads, this one is staying put in my collection. :banana

It does make me wonder about how much of a "prototype" the rider statues are?

I have to admit that after having seen the statue in person, I am warming up to it. I think it looks better in person. As I was scrutinizng it, a group of 4 or 5 teenagers walked by who seemed unfamiliar with Sideshow's stuff. Walking up to a display featuring Aragorn on Brego, Sauron, King of the Dead, Eowyn, PJ Weathertop, Amon Hen, and Buckleberry Ferry, the one that caught their attention and made them say "Wow, look at that!" was Aragorn, believe it or not. He was their favorite of all those pieces. So some people will react strongly to this piece in person and love it.

Back