Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Actually if you look at Medieval Knights they usually have bright blankets and such. Mr. T was an Old English scholar.

What does that have to do with the fact that the blanket is navy blue in the film and nearly purple in the statue?

Did Tolkien rise from the grave to paint it himself?:skull

I don't think that is funny Gondor59,:thwak ..But nevermind he
was a great boxer.:toast

re

Mr. T was an Old English scholar.

Well, he was old...and English despite being born in South Africa...and he was a scholar. Well done!:p

He held the Professorship of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford...just to set the record straight for ya. :D

Just noticed that SS has updated the Aragorn at the Black gates and has it listed as PROTOTYPE SHOWN now.

So, odds are they'll probably tweak it a bit here and there.

It has "prototype shown" for Legolas/Gimli/Arod as well. I'm not sure if it did before.

Just noticed that SS has updated the Aragorn at the Black gates and has it listed as PROTOTYPE SHOWN now.

I would bet anything that this is due to the comments from this board. That proves that those of us who don't like a piece should speak our minds on what is wrong with it. Look what happened to the Darth Vader 1/4 figure. It was completely reworked with direct feedback from our comments.

It has "prototype shown" for Legolas/Gimli/Arod as well. I'm not sure if it did before.

Both pieces definitely did not have that written before.

I agree....I believe they do have their ear to the ground (or forums) as it were...

I think we are going to see some color changing at least with these two statues...(Lego/Gim/Arod and Aragorn/Black Gate)

With all hope, perhaps we'll see some facial modifications on Aragorn and Legolas as well!
I'm afraid the pose for Aragorn is staying though! :rolleyes

Its probably so they can make a few minor tweeks but don't go expecting any major overhauls. If they really do have to ship everything this year not much is gonna be changed I would expect.

Now, come one. Thats trying to take that point and stretching it past the point of making any sense with it.

The point is that special effects, digital grading and so forth are an integral part of the movie, just as much as the actual footage that was shot. It's especially true for these movies concidering how much they messed around with them in post production and how carefully all the elements were merged together.
Gollum is an extreme example, but there are loads more. The faces of the actors in the Ringwraith hoods for example that were edited out. Gimli and the Hobbits who were either twice as big or played by scale doubles.

The PROTOTYPE SHOWN bit definately wasnt there before, I was just looking at the page the other day.
It seems they are making a point with it too, the writing is large, bright red and its stated twice in close proximity to one another.

Excellent!, I love the Statue anyway but the one thing which to me looks bizarre is the bright blue.

I'm with Revival
"An already awesome piece if gonna be even better.." !:yay :yay

Thank you SSW! for listening to us !:bow :bow :toast

shell
x
:toast :gimli

I'm definitely getting this piece. I have wanted Aragorn on Brego since I started collecting SS/W pieces.

I think in the end, both Aragorn on Brego and Legolas and Gimli on Arod will both be amazing pieces.

:rock

The only way they could improve this one is to do a completely new sculpt. This is the equivalent of a statue of Gimli in a tu-tu dancing to the nutcracker. So out of character, out of likeness, out of color. *sigh*

I have to agree with you, Grima. I'm disappointed with the pose. I would have taken almost anyother pose but the ToyBiz one. Cancelling pre-order. That's one more available for the sales bin later on. I may use the newly available funds to order Gothmog on Warg.

Prototype?
Good, a piece with a horrible likeness and colors that are completely inaccurate from what we saw on screen is gonna be even better...

Good, an awesome piece that is going to be changed to be one big photo of AatBG instead. To satisfy those that believe sculpting and painting polystone must meet their own individual requirements and be 100% accurate.
:dance

Back