Premium Format Aquaman - Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one from FB:

13895007_314365125571949_807851882401769394_n.jpg

Sorry to say that but scales are all over the place between JL members.
Batman is in a bigger scale of his own, Supes and Wonder Woman are in a smaller scale and Aquaman and GL are yet in another slightly smaller scale or give an illusion of it due to the difference in the bases. They just don't look good together.
The only display I really like is the one by Hellsbells, especially if he starts adding other members keeping the jumbo-sized Trinity in the middle and the secondary characters on their sides, that would look good. The display in the previous page with the midged Aquaman and leaning Superman just doesn't.

Overall I feel the individual JL members will look better in their own display. Superman with Lex, GL is scaled with Sinestro, Wonder Woman with Cheetah, Batman with all the sidekicks and villains they did.

Sorry to say that but scales are all over the place between JL members.
Batman is in a bigger scale of his own, Supes and Wonder Woman are in a smaller scale and Aquaman and GL are yet in another slightly smaller scale or give an illusion of it due to the difference in the bases. They just don't look good together.
The only display I really like is the one by Hellsbells, especially if he starts adding other members keeping the jumbo-sized Trinity in the middle and the secondary characters on their sides, that would look good. The display in the previous page with the midged Aquaman and leaning Superman just doesn't.

Overall I feel the individual JL members will look better in their own display. Superman with Lex, GL is scaled with Sinestro, Wonder Woman with Cheetah, Batman with all the sidekicks and villains they did.

My friend compared Supes and Aquaman side by side without their bases and they are basically the same size with Supes being a bit taller.(Superman is taller in the comics so it makes sense). They are in scale but Batman is way over sized.

I dunno, it always made sense to me that with no superpowers, Batman would be the most physically imposing character of the bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend compared Supes and Aquaman side by side without their bases and they are basically the same size with Supes being a bit taller.(Superman is taller in the comics so it makes sense). They are in scale but Batman is way over sized.

It might be the pic of course but it seems to me that Aquaman has less bulk than Supes in his arms and torso. I could be wrong obviously. Even for Batman it's not much about the height being right or wrong... it's the ridicolous volume of muscle they beefed him up with that makes him look like the Hulk.

I dunno, it always made sense to me that with no superpowers, Batman would be the most physically imposing character of the bunch

Well, no. I mean, the point of having superpowered physique is that it's in top shape, always, regardless of what you do. Batman's body has varied a lot from slim acrobat in the classic series, to walking wardrobe in the videogames, to Mike Tysonesque build in Dark Knight Returns... but he's NEVER been that much more massive than other JL members like Superman, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter. The anatomy of the PF is borderline Liefeld.

Problem is there really are no comic Batman's out there except for SS.... Hopefully Prime 1 can do a great 1/4 Comic Batman, Although, I'm not overly impressed with their Comic Superman/Green Lantern ones...

They are in scale but Batman is way over sized.

LIKE A BOSS! I love the fact he's so HUGE. I'm sure SSC (or another company) will release a slimmer or more athletic looking Bats. I'm very happy with how the 1st Bats PF came out. His size commands a presence. I feel the same way about the 1st Spidey COM. He's also slightly bigger than 1/4 scale but the piece looks phenomenal IMO.

LIKE A BOSS! I love the fact he's so HUGE. I'm sure SSC (or another company) will release a slimmer or more athletic looking Bats. I'm very happy with how the 1st Bats PF came out. His size commands a presence. I feel the same way about the 1st Spidey COM. He's also slightly bigger than 1/4 scale but the piece looks phenomenal IMO.

Yeah I guess it is kind of cool that the 2 companies most popular characters(Batman and Spidey)are bigger than anyone else, I should display those 2 statues together as they would be in scale with each other.

Off the top of my head he's been drawn huge by Jones, Kieth, Risso, Bisley and even Jim Lee.
If you can move planets you'll be strong no matter how ripped you are

Off the top of my head he's been drawn huge by Jones, Kieth, Risso, Bisley and even Jim Lee.
If you can move planets you'll be strong no matter how ripped you are

I just received Aquaman and upon opening it up I notcied a chip on a part of the wave. I love the statue, but what do you all think I should do about this problem. See what you think?

20160813_080311.jpg

Yeah, looking at various youtube videos and pictures on sideshow.comic. you can easily see that at the far right there is a piece that has broken off at one point. Instead of it being curved at the side, it just goes straight down.

Back