Apple vs. Android

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple or Android?

• Total voters
Who am I to compare the newer phones? There was a time when I used to update myself about every new/upcoming phone to hit the market; I stopped doing that. The last time I had an iPhone in hand was that of a friend's 5 back in Jan. Haven't seen or experienced S4, Z1 or any of the new stuff. So I :dunno

I use an antique Nokia running series 40. Why? Cuz I iz puar

Puar.jpg

Yeah, that's an antique, alright :lol. But, yeah, I'm out-of-loop most of the time, too. I only start reseaching phones, when I'm in the market for a new one.

Yeah, that's an antique, alright :lol. But, yeah, I'm out-of-loop most of the time, too. I only start reseaching phones, when I'm in the market for a new one.
Antique yes but I love it. Whenever I've felt the need to vent my rage, it has been the prime subject :lol

The steel rim has warped, the PTT button and the speaker mesh is missing, #6 key is Krazy Glue's best friend, the frame has taken multiple hits and has several cracks, charging it is a feat in itself and a few niggles more but it can make and receive calls/texts. And I browse the forums on it too! Just can't let it go. Nostalgia, I guess. :lol

Actually, the one thing that I do miss (after switching to an iPhone 5s), is Google integration. There are probably some apps for Google drive and Gmail chat - I just haven't gotten around to looking for them yet.

I do believe there are. Definitely Gmail. I would imagine Drive as well. I believe the one that took longest to make transition to iOS was Google Play Music, but that is also now on there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I had the iPhone 4 and then upgraded to iPhone 5. I then decided I wanted a change, so I went with a Samsung Galaxy S4. 2.5 months later I went back to Apple for the 5s. While I enjoyed the Samsung's large screen...its all I enjoyed. Everything on the iPhone just works...easily. I am not a person to care about customizing an operating system so that never appealed to me and I really don't know what that entails and if its even as big of a bonus as we are made to believe. The plasticy..ness of the Samsung really turned me off. The iPhone just seems like a higher quality item. I found the S4 slower as well and sometimes would have to restart the phone because things just didn't seem to want to work right. It was almost like having a tiny PC...which I don't want in a phone. I did like not having to jump through hoops to make a ring tone and how easily accessible the mp3 player options were...but why have 2 different music players and web browsers pre-installed? I want minimization with my phone not a bunch of stuff that seems redundant. I can dig down deep and see why someone may like Android but, I am VERY happy to be back with Apple.

Just upgraded to the Galaxy Note 3, the larger keyboard is very nice, no more switching between letters and numbers.

As far as stability with Android phones, I haven't had much problems. Over time my old phone got a bit slower, but it wasn't unstable. The main issue I had was some days where it would inexplicably run out of battery really quickly. But the new phone has twice as much battery power so that shouldn't be a problem.
I can get the idea of making things easier for the user--Samsung has a lot of things set a different way which is taking some getting used to. But not liking that is most likely not liking change in general rather than it doing something wrong.
With iOS 7, Apple users have to deal with that type of thing now too so it's not just an Android thing.

Android lets you do way more stuff. I recently purchased the Nexus 7 and it's amazing. The things I can do with it are unreal. No way Apple would allow that.

That being said, I still prefer my iPhone as a phone. I've never had any issues. My brother has a HTC android and it freezes up too much along with a too many bugs. Apple has a much more stable operating system.

Actually, performance-wise Android phones are comparable to the iPhone based on processor stats---like you don't get more performance on an iPhone with a similar processor compared to an Android phone. Like for instance the 5S graphical power is about equal to a Tegra 4 processor.
Though one thing that's a problem is that with so many Android devices there are apps that don't always work well because it's difficult to optimize them. But, if you get one of the popular phones like the Samsung Galaxy phones or the HTC One, or the Google Nexus phones, you won't have to worry about it because developers will test for those since they're the most popular.

Another thing as far as what you can do with Android is install apps that aren't in the marketplace, some apps have been taken off and you can just download and install them. Or like for me if I want to develop games for it I can easily do that and test on the device while Apple has all kinds of licensing restrictions.

The only thing I don't like about Android is that the best games are on iOS, I can't think of any Android exclusive games but there's some really fantastic iPhone games. Most likely reason is that it's so easy to pirate games (as mentioned, it's easy to install apps that aren't in the marketplace)

Thanks for the responses guys. Good info there. I do see what you are saying about restrictions. I can see the joy of the wonderful illegal pirating abilities it has and you know, if I used such things, I would miss them and possibly consider buying an old android phone to use over wifi to do such things (is that possible??). Interesting info about the developer side of things. I do like their flexability. I'm also glad to read I'm not the only one that thinks the iPhone works faster. Having both the 5s and Samsung S4, I KNOW this...even if someone wants to post a laughing gif.

The flexability of the Android is very nice. I just prefer simplicity and the actual iphone unit.

Again, I see the benefits of both platforms. Its great that we have the option to choose what is best for us.

I like apple personally. I do really like android though but I only need one phone & iOS is more suited to my tastes.

Back