Apple vs. Android

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple or Android?

• Total voters

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that there was already a poll on this, but I think it's time for a new thread, since manufacturers like Samsung and HTC have made leaps and bounds in innovation compared to just a few years ago.

So, which phones do you guys prefer? The iPhones, or an Android based device?

I've used Android since its inception with the Google G1, and I've went through three more Android phones since then: the HTC Windows phone, myTouch 4G, and the LG G2x (aka. Optimus 2X). I initially went with the G1 back in 2008, since I was on T-Mobile and couldn't afford an iPhone back then. However, I spent the next five years wishing that I had an iPhone :lol. While I can certainly appreciate the lack of restrictions from Android (eg. being downloading whatever I want without having to go though a third-party application like iTunes), the operating systems were just far too unstable and bug-ridden. It literally killed the enjoyment that I could have had from those phones. I can't count the number of times that I've had to manually pop open the back covers to reinsert the batteries, because my phones randomly decided to brick. In addition to slow-downs, freezes, crashes, random reboots, etc.

As it happens, I upgraded to an iPhone 5s several weeks ago, and so far, I've had no problems, whatsoever. IOS 7 performs buttery-smooth compared to what I've experienced from my older Android devices. Besides the simplicity of Apple devices, they simply work well - and I think that's what I appreciate the most.

The Samsung phones looks incredible, but they're far too big for my liking, since I wanted something that I could use in one hand, and that could easily fit in my pocket.

I voted android. :clap

Currently rocking the s4, could not see myself being happy with anything else at the moment especially anything on the Apple platform. Of course I use Chrome and lots of Samsung tech in our family, so Apple isn't even an option. I do know that my friends and co-workers that still maintain I-phones have no idea why they do, because they ***** non stop about them, reminds me of people a couple years back who were still rocking Brickberry :lol

I voted android. :clap

Currently rocking the s4, could not see myself being happy with anything else at the moment especially anything on the Apple platform. Of course I use Chrome and lots of Samsung tech in our family, so Apple isn't even an option. I do know that my friends and co-workers that still maintain I-phones have no idea why they do, because they ***** non stop about them, reminds me of people a couple years back who were still rocking Brickberry :lol

I have friends with the Galaxy phones that complain about them, too. But, it's mostly about how they never use the gimmicky features like Air Wave or "eye detection" (can't remember what it's called). Overall, it's a very nice phone with lots of functionality. But, like I said - too big for my liking :lol.

Android. Ive had iphones n too small. I like to view my netflix and marvel comics and youtube etc.in my galaxy now.

I have an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S3. Hands down prefer the iPhone, Android just doesn't flow well for me.

The iPhone's retina display is unparalleled but has restrictions where the Android trumps it. Hmmm..?
I vote for Nokia.

Well, the retina display is somewhat low in pixel count, compared to some Android phones with 1080p displays. Honestly though, you can't make out the difference in HD resolution, with screens sizes that range from 4 to 5.5 inches. Unless your eyes have super-eagle vision, or something like that.

Last edited:
Android because Apple fanbois are annoying.

Honestly, I've seen more vitriolic nonsense come out of the Android camp. Despite having such incredible phones, the hardcore fanboys have a tendency of dropping on every iPhone review or discussion with the sole purpose of starting flame wars. Android always has to be better - and there's no room for negotiation, because Apple represents a great "evil" that must be defeated :rolleyes2.

People should just enjoy their phones without having the need to constantly berate something else (and others) to make themselves feel better about their decisions for a particular device. If that's not a clear sign of insecurity then I don't know what is.

Android but I root for Apple since I invest in them. Also you should change your name to PollMaster.

Oh please. There are far more frequent poll posters than just me :lol. I appreciate the compliment, though - undeserving as it is. Maybe someday.... I'll be Poll Emperor of the interwebs.

Last edited:
Android for me.

I won't support Apple because I don't agree philosophically with their business model nor their patent trolling (although not all of it was without merit). I don't like the lack of customization in iOS. I don't like being forced into Apple's ecosystem (I am heavily invested in the Google ecosystem but at least I had other options available to me).

With the advent of Android OS 4.1 and above, it has really matured into a much more streamlined and stable platform that is blowing right past Apple!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, the retina display is somewhat low in pixel count, compared to some Android phones with 1080p displays. Honestly though, you can't make out the difference in HD resolution, with screens sizes that range from 4 to 5.5 inches. Unless your eyes have super-eagle vision, or something like that.
Who am I to compare the newer phones? There was a time when I used to update myself about every new/upcoming phone to hit the market; I stopped doing that. The last time I had an iPhone in hand was that of a friend's 5 back in Jan. Haven't seen or experienced S4, Z1 or any of the new stuff. So I :dunno

I use an antique Nokia running series 40. Why? Cuz I iz puar

Puar.jpg

Android for me.

I won't support Apple because I don't agree philosophically with their business model nor their patent trolling (although not all of it was without merit). I don't like the lack of customization in iOS. I don't like being forced into Apple's ecosystem (I am heavily invested in the Google ecosystem but at least I had other options available to me).

With the advent of Android OS 4.1 and above, it has really matured into a much more streamlined and stable platform that is blowing right past Apple!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually, the one thing that I do miss (after switching to an iPhone 5s), is Google integration. There are probably some apps for Google drive and Gmail chat - I just haven't gotten around to looking for them yet.

Back