Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-126.jpg

night and day difference... not impressed.

2zdra6w.jpg

A high res pic with great lighting conpared to a low res blurry pic with poor lighting. Really? His heman looked devoid of detail and washed out too.

doesn't matter the resolution the fact is the paint scheme is different. shoulder pads and neck piece are two different colors, whereas it's painted all the same on the production. that's lazy.

also theres lack of shading in areas that are clear enough to make out. look at all the other in hand photos.

heres a better comparison. matte vs. metallic. his shoulder pads should be metallic.
his underwear or whatever that is is the same paint texture as his robot armor. bad paint job.

e8u8adu4_zps2b615098.jpg

Last edited:
You need to get real. The proto is painted up by inhouse professional artists and takes how ever long they need.
Production pieces are painted by Chinese factory workers on a production line with deadlines to meet.

If you don't know by now you never will.
Looks pretty decent for a mass produced product to me.

:goodpost:

we are paying $600 for this, you guys act like proto paint jobs are impossible to be had. I've had custom painted pieces done by prototype artists and yeah they cost a lot more, but the paint job on Apocalypse should be relatively straight forward. don't paint everything the same shade of blue.. simple.

Hey Rulk, I'm in Toronto bro (well technically Markham but pick up stuff from Scarborough [pops' place]) and I got mine delivered at around 12:15 or so. For a while they didn't have any updates on the FedEX system either, they also told me that theyd get someone to call me but that was like 9 hours ago. Whatever I got mine, hopefully yours will be here soon too man. Just hang in there brah

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

thx man, sorry for being so **** about this process. im just bummed out about Apoc. waited so long for this too.

heres a better comparison. matte vs. metallic. his shoulder pads should be metallic.
his underwear or whatever that is is the same paint texture as his robot armor. bad paint job.

e8u8adu4_zps2b615098.jpg

If you look at the video that was posted, you can see that the armor is a different texture. You can see it in this pic too. I would really hold out judgment until you see it in person; lighting makes all the difference in the world, and I have yet to see anyone post in-hand pics that are as well lit as those SDCC pics.

OMG! It's not as good as the professionally painted proto! :panic:

Seriously hope you guys never buy an Iron Man bust.
Proto is painted to look like metal, production piece looks like plastic.

OMG! It's not as good as the professionally painted proto! :panic:

Seriously hope you guys never buy an Iron Man bust.
Proto is painted to look like metal, production piece looks like plastic.

you use the term "professionally painted" to actually mean something in this context.

the prototype painters job is to make sure this can be easy enough to replicate.

If you can't tell between a matte finish verses metallic then you shouldn't be painting these things in the first place.

Oh look, the Hulkbuster Comiquette got it right, probably weighs 3 times the weight of this thing and actually is cheaper...

hulkbuster_zps71450f40.jpg

Where does all the money go, if the paint job is allowed to suffer just because it's "mass produced" which is an oxymoron in itself.

---

The conclusion is this has a dull paint job, and the paint scheme deviated. I don't need to see it in person, this has already been evident in pictures and on Skaar and Ultron.

skaar_zpsd2e067c2.jpg

The Superman PF looks great, same with Batman.. astonishing they keep messing up Marvel. I have a list of 20.. its BS.

People are actually *****ing about the paint on this ?....seriously ???

Looks freaking incredible imho

I think some people might be on the wait list looking for conversion. Just kidding but I really have to wait to see him in hand to make my final desision on this. But So far I like what I see as well.

Just got Apocalypse! WOW! He's HUGE! Base is heavy....body is light....Headsculpt...is really light...doesn't bother me much though! I Love it!

seriously…if i get whats in that pic count me as a happy camper…lol if people think that is a deviation they would've flipped their lids over the batman pf..that is by far the worst qc I've ever seen

I have Batman. its ****ing awesome.

You need your eyes checked.

Back