Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I returned my ex. I saw a reg today at Tampa Comi con and I really want him again. Should I just order the reg. I really doubt SS will come through with a new ex for me, they said I was on a internal wl.

Just saw that bbts even has stock of reg.

Yup. When they do their countdown (i.e. Less than 50 remain), it's just another Sideshow stunt to increase sales. :lol

I really wish they'd knock that off. I appreciate the warning if it's genuine but it seems like they've been using it as a selling stunt for a long time. I got suckered by it when I bought the Superman life size bust. I was going to get it eventually but didn't want to end up having to pay more after it sold out like the black Batman bust. That was in May and they still have it in stock with no low quantity warning now.

Just to settle this once and for all. Can SSAlex tell us why the sell out happens? Then 50 pops back up again. I mean do they not remember there was 50 left in the warehouse? That is a ton of lost boxes that happens almost every PO. I would fire the person in charge if this is the case because it's making customer not too happy at times.
On a side note maybe 50 of the ex can be found for people who missed out? :bunnydanc (don't know what the bunny stands for, but I thought he looks cool)

Just to settle this once and for all. Can SSAlex tell us why the sell out happens? Then 50 pops back up again. I mean do they not remember there was 50 left in the warehouse? That is a ton of lost boxes that happens almost every PO. I would fire the person in charge if this is the case because it's making customer not too happy at times.
On a side note maybe 50 of the ex can be found for people who missed out? :bunnydanc (don't know what the bunny stands for, but I thought he looks cool)

The strong and worthy already received their EXs. :bunnydanc

I'm just glad I got to preordering the regular. I'm new and trying to catch up. I missed out on Silver Surfer. I need to get it by the time the XM Thanos comes out.

Sent mine back. Decided I didn't want to wait around for a replacement. If Apocolypse isn't made by another company in the next couple years I may go back and pick up a reg. Probably not though as I see thus being revised by XM or a custom job very soon.

Congrats to all those that recieved a good one. That's a rarity and I'm sure this will be sought after in later years because of how hard it will be to get one without issues

Sent mine back. Decided I didn't want to wait around for a replacement. If Apocolypse isn't made by another company in the next couple years I may go back and pick up a reg. Probably not though as I see thus being revised by XM or a custom job very soon.

Congrats to all those that recieved a good one. That's a rarity and I'm sure this will be sought after in later years because of how hard it will be to get one without issues

Yes, a shame good statue ridiculued by so much QC problem.

I just opened mine and this guy wowed me more than the JSC spider-man. After hearing about all the QC issues I guess opening this guy up was a bit like playing roulette. Overall my one wasn't perfect but it wasn't a disaster either. You guys can be the judge.
Ok here are the crappy pics.

This is the pic which shows the worse flaws I could find on my piece. What do you guys think?

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The flaw on the arm is there but it is minor compared to some of the pics I've seen here. The other ones I saw were much worse. I mean, those were actual cracks in the arm. From your pics, it seems more like a small casting issue, not cracks. Looks pretty small IMO but only you can decide if you can live with it. The rest of your pics look good. He is such an AWESOME piece. Congrats! I love the EX on this piece as well. I really like the way he looks in your pics.

The flaw on the arm is there but it is minor compared to some of the pics I've seen here. The other ones I saw were much worse. I mean, those were actual cracks in the arm. From your pics, it seems more like a small casting issue, not cracks. Looks pretty small IMO but only you can decide if you can live with it. The rest of your pics look good. He is such an AWESOME piece. Congrats! I love the EX on this piece as well. I really like the way he looks in your pics.

Thanks man, I use a crappy point and shoot. I can live with it and it is minor to me. I just wanted to hear what others thought. I think I got lucky on this one compared to others. Its a bit like with SS stuff these days. The QC isn't there anymore but sometimes they do hit a home run once in a while and Apoc is one of those keepers. I actually like the Reg arm as much as the Saw blade :)

I hear you...still waiting on my EX Superman...although I might want it to hold off in August cause I already have Gladiator Hulk, EX Hellboy and EX Red Skull coming.

Looks like I should have my reg this week!

Now only if Superman would show up!

Back