Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think saying "its an EX" so you shouldn't expect replacement parts is nuts…if my saw, or body, or base or whatever is messed up, the answer shouldn't be, "full refund or small credit bcz we can't make/provide a replacement that isn't effed up"…I don't want a refund..i want my product that I committed a deposit to and a in some cases a year or more in waiting…if they don't have any adequate pieces/replacements that aren't damaged, then they should make some that aren't damaged…its really not hard to comprehend..call up china and tell them we need 50 extra pieces bcz you guys sent us crap..or whatever it is…you keep that stock in house and ship them out to those who need them, because the customer didn't just order yesterday, they ordered a year ago, placed a deposit, and waited for a piece that is supposed to match a prototype...

I think saying "its an EX" so you shouldn't expect replacement parts is nuts…if my saw, or body, or base or whatever is messed up, the answer shouldn't be, "full refund or small credit bcz we can't make/provide a replacement that isn't effed up"…I don't want a refund..i want my product that I committed a deposit to and a in some cases a year or more in waiting…if they don't have any adequate pieces/replacements that aren't damaged, then they should make some that aren't damaged…its really not hard to comprehend..call up china and tell them we need 50 extra pieces bcz you guys sent us crap..or whatever it is…you keep that stock in house and ship them out to those who need them, because the customer didn't just order yesterday, they ordered a year ago, placed a deposit, and waited for a piece that is supposed to match a prototype...

Very true. That is what they did for the Star Wars Aayla Secura. I waited nearly a year after the ship date to get a new body and arm. They should always do this for their customers.

Stuff breaks though man. It's life. They can't make hundreds of replacement parts on the thought stuff might be damaged...

Stuff breaks though man. It's life. They can't make hundreds of replacement parts on the thought stuff might be damaged...

Savage, it's one thing to have things break or have some pieces in a run not be up to par. However, when just about an entire run is plagued by QC issues...that's another thing entirely. The Rogue PF is a perfect example. All of her heads were pretty much jacked up. SSC ran another batch to get replacement parts out to peeps that needed them. In my book...that's customer service.

…I'm saying that they make enough to cover the acceptable QC rate that they and any company should/can plan for. Unless they're admitting that every one of the 750 EX (for the sake of this convo) is gonna be bad, then they don't need to make hundreds of replacements…if ten percent are bad/qc concerns, you make an extra 75 and ensure everyone has a good product..the ES is 750 not 750 minus whatever gets damaged in shipping or wherever…if it arrived broken they woulda sent him a replacement..but because its scuffed or whatever, and they admit its faulty, they're just too lazy/cheap to re-order him a piece that isn't messed up and do the right thing and make sure those 75 or whatever percentage get a quality product. You're saying they can't make hundreds of replacement parts but they can make hundreds of faulty statues? lol cmon…and I'm not saying you make them ahead of time I'm saying you release the product, wait the 30days, and see who has what issues and how many replacements you need and what parts, and then you place that order and ship out the replacements once you get them. Its not a hard model to follow it just requires care, time, and a little extra $$ out of their pocket.

You're really not getting it are you?
We're not talking about broken pieces, we're talking about production cracks, sloppy paint, bubbles in cast and paint, base stickers falling off, etc.

Out of all the issues highlighted there have been two instances of actuall damage.
One was highlighted by red arrow stickers and the other was a botched repair.

Why are you going on about breakage? Not one piece shown has actually broke between Sideshows warehouse and the customers home.

Man, they keep making these character heads smaller and smaller. Cannot for the life of me figure what the appeal is on almost every character statue having a tiny head that doesn't fit the body. But then you guys pop a gasket over a tiny speck of paint or nick that you wouldn't even notice if you weren't looking for something to freak out about.

…I'm saying that they make enough to cover the acceptable QC rate that they and any company should/can plan for. Unless they're admitting that every one of the 750 EX (for the sake of this convo) is gonna be bad, then they don't need to make hundreds of replacements…if ten percent are bad/qc concerns, you make an extra 75 and ensure everyone has a good product..the ES is 750 not 750 minus whatever gets damaged in shipping or wherever…if it arrived broken they woulda sent him a replacement..but because its scuffed or whatever, and they admit its faulty, they're just too lazy/cheap to re-order him a piece that isn't messed up and do the right thing and make sure those 75 or whatever percentage get a quality product. You're saying they can't make hundreds of replacement parts but they can make hundreds of faulty statues? lol cmon…and I'm not saying you make them ahead of time I'm saying you release the product, wait the 30days, and see who has what issues and how many replacements you need and what parts, and then you place that order and ship out the replacements once you get them. Its not a hard model to follow it just requires care, time, and a little extra $$ out of their pocket.

They don't plan on the statues being faulty. Lol. What does that say about their QC if they say, " day one we have 100's of replacement pieces because our QC is terrible... They should never plan to fail. That is a terrible business model. I understand your argument, and they could save money by doing replacements and not refunds. But idk man, it's entirely up to them as a company.

All I was saying as I personally do not expect replacements in a hobby like this. I dont think people should EXPECT it. A full refund is more than responsible customer service technique. And people say they invest soooo much time in these statues. All we do is wait for them to come after we pay. Daily life goes on. But the factory workers and QC people actually lose time out of their lives on these things...

I'm just saying, everyone is so quick to attack sideshow when a bad statue is released. One bad statue here or there won't change much. People get furious and stressed out about things like this, then buy a statue from them the next month. If people were really dissatisfied they'd stop buying it. Haha

Life's too short to dwell on something as simple as shipping damages or QC issues. That being said I'm scared I might get a bad cap of or something, but I'm still going to try to get one. If it's unbarable and no replacements are available... I return it, cry my eyes out (joking, kind of) haha and get the next cap statue to come...

Like I said though, that's my view point only. And I completely understand other peoples opinions on this... Especially you out of US buyers.

Think you done alright there Peedi. Looks nice and very little to worry about compared to some.

The white dot on the neck armor is still annoying. I think if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be too concerned with the missed paint on the thumb knuckle, the white spot on the ab, the arm etching and the decal falling off the bottom of the base. Just a lot of little things. I'm not sure what to make of the rusting cable, though. It's rust...can't be good for long term, can it?

So your Capt. Ex converts. It ships with an issue and they refuse a replacenent.
So you send it back/destroy it and get a refund? That easy?
All that anticipation and excitement and you just get a refund?

It's not that easy to just forget about it.
It's not a case of them not having replacements, of course they have.
They just don't want to send one out. $65 credit is easier for them.
Shameful Customer Service, if you can call it that.

"It's not that easy to forget about it"... brining back memories of Spider-Woman PF... still pisses me off... Except they didn't have me destroy it, they actually made me take the time to send the thing back... Not happy.

Obviously they get a certain amount of unnumbered bases then just Sharpie in the number needed.
Will still only be one of that number once the flawed base is destroyed.

Yes that's exactly it. That's what they did with my 2nd Spider-Woman base. The one with the warped bottom that wouldn't even sit flat. It was more like a spinning top than a flat base. And they just took that sharpie and wrote write on it like nothing was wrong.

a1rdd4.jpg

I like Ultron as a character (I don't have that PF) but Apoc looks like he could shake him like a rag doll! Lol. And i also like the cape on the base... Looks like something dramatic just happened.

Yeah, and we've had a full debate/conversation without one insult or name calling incident :yess: :lol

Today anyway....

LOL!!! :rotfl Good job everybody! :clap

FFS Savage! We should expect the item to arrive well made and painted and not have to rely on enough replacement parts to rectify ****ups! :slap

Last edited:
I've never gotten a PF that was in good shape from Sideshow the last 5 that I've gotten directly from them have been bad.

Black Widow- bad paint
Harley Quinn- missing head
Freddy- glue on the hat.
Punisher- broken off ear
Deadpool- cracked paint and concave base

The only piece that I've ever had arrive without problems was the legendary scale black Spider-Man bust. Which was years ago, so . . . Yeah they suck ha.

And Rogue just needs all new heads made completely. I dont care that it's been years later and I don't even care if they charge for them. They just need to show up on the website for $20 a piece. Say "Alternate Rogue head for your Premium Format Figure"

I've never gotten a PF that was in good shape from Sideshow the last 5 that I've gotten directly from them have been bad.

Black Widow- bad paint
Harley Quinn- missing head
Freddy- glue on the hat.
Punisher- broken off ear
Deadpool- cracked paint and concave base

The only piece that I've ever had arrive without problems was the legendary scale black Spider-Man bust. Which was years ago, so . . . Yeah they suck ha.

And Rogue just needs all new heads made completely. I dont care that it's been years later and I don't even care if they charge for them. They just need to show up on the website for $20 a piece. Say "Alternate Rogue head for your Premium Format Figure"

I've never had a bad one

FFS Savage! We should expect the item to arrive well made and painted and not gave to rely on enough replacement parts to rectify ****ups! :slap

I agree. But it's not going to be that way all the time. We have to be realistic. And please don't make that out to me saying "Expect **** to be broken", because that is absolutely not what I'm saying. But this hobby is fragile... just saying.

Next topic. We still got love!
Sheldonandpenny.gif

Don't make me swear at you savage! It's their ******* job!!!

lmao SERIOUSLY..are we the only ones seeing this!? Take any random PF that won't get made anytime soon again…you're telling me that if I ordered it and paid, and waited and was one of the few who got in before the waitlist and then I get my piece and its subpar, that I should just get my money back and go kick rocks? Thats it? Even though me, compared to the other people who got a good statue, did the same thing they did. That the bad qc, the same qc that YOU were supposed to ensure, goes bad, and then on top of originally screwing me over and not delivering a good statue, now you're gonna screw me over again and say that you don't have the common decency to give me what we originally agreed upon, and that its either accept this qc crap, or get my money back? Essentially stating that you could never guarantee accuracy and delivery of the original product to begin with? Then why go through the charade of creating a proto and giving me an image of the product if you can't guarantee me thats what il get? If you can't see how thats unfair then I give up.

Savage has one statue.
His attitude will change when he's jumping around all day waiting for Fed-Ex then opens his Capt. or Hulk to be met with sheer disappointment.
Then smashes it up and receives his refund.

Savage has one statue.
His attitude will change when he's jumping around all day waiting for Fed-Ex then opens his Capt. or Hulk to be met with sheer disappointment.
Then smashes it up and receives his refund.

for real..then let him wait years until the next big one comes out and the same crap happens..then maybe he'll see thats its not about refund its about upholding your word and doing right and delivering what we waited, salivated, and paid for.

Back