Anyone know someone who can fix my SSW Sauron's head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaber

Super Freak
Reaction score
I found a Sauron statue at a good price, only the head is slightly damaged. One of the spikes on his helm has a piece broken off and a few of the other spikes have small cracks... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Glue back the missing spikes and smooth out any cracks and fracture lines, with watered down modeling putty. Then cover it with several light passes of black acrylic paint. Preferably a matte one.

Unless You don't have the missing bits, in which case it's a bit trickie,r but doable. My Sauron helmet was missing a few pieces and I had to build them from scratch. The spikes are a simple shape, so depending on Your modeling skills, You could carve one out of putty.

There's another way hovever, one that I've used on my Sauron helmet. The helm is simmetrical, with each spike having it's mirror version on the other side. So You could just make a simple, ad-hoc mold of the non-cracked spike, cast a duplicate out of it, cut it to lenght and glue it on the cracked one (and smooth the fractures with watered down putty). Its easier and faster than it sounds. Since the spikes are a super simple shape, You don't really need any fancy mould made of of proper materials. Just take some sort of cheap plasticine (anything that dries relatively hard, really. Even some types of kindergarden, child plaster will do), lube up the spike with oil or vaseline, so that it won't stick. Cover it in a thick blob of plasticine and wait to dry. Once hardened remove the mould and simply make a cast using any sort of casting material You can think of. Cut to lenght. Glue. Smooth out. Paint. Done.

Thanks, guys. Not sure my modelling skills are that great, but I may well give it a shot. Unless someone here on the boards can do it for me at a reasonable price!

Post some pics, it might help. It is a reasonably easy fix and the colour is just a flat matt black with a light brush of steel/silver. I used Milliput epoxy (white) to fill out the damaged blades on mine :wink1:

Thanks, guys. Not sure my modelling skills are that great, but I may well give it a shot. Unless someone here on the boards can do it for me at a reasonable price!

Glue the broken piece back on with super glue, fill the cracks with apoxy sculpt, file/sand it smooth and spray it with a matte black aerosol. I know I've done this before :)

Back