anyone know about plastidip?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I just recently found out about plastipid and I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used it? I want to use it to cover some green gloves that were made for a hot toys body. I painted the gloves black but the paint keeps coming off. My questions are, what kind of details does this stuff pick up and, is it durable? I watched a few videos on youtube of the spray which seemed to work nice but idk how much wear and tear that can take. The stuff in the can looked to be too thick. Any insight or pictures would be a big help! Thanks guys.

Works ok but will probably come out too thick for your purposes.

I have my Batcowls (full size) sprayed with plastidip. Very durable but not sure how it will spray on small scale.

Cheers
TAZ

Go for the leather/dye spray or the heat resistant spray you use on Barbeques. Plasti dip is excellent on Latex and tool handels but does go on thick and tend to lose detail.

Last edited:
Are we talking fabric gloves or plastic/vinyl gloved-hands?

I can only offer my experience with the latter, I tried using the spray plasti-dip on some gloved-hands I was doing for my own ghostbusters conversion. I think they were dragon gloves which I first ended up using apoxie sculpt to create extended cuffs which I could tuck the ends of the flightsuit into. I sanded things smooth after the apoxie sculpt cured and then washed everything in warm soapy water. After it had dried it applied about 4 thin coats of the spray plasti-dip (waiting about 45 minutes in between each coat). Initially it looked and felt great but of the 4 pairs I did at least one of them has peeled. I suspect I didn't prep the surface well enough or rushed the subsequent coats but I haven't messed around with much since then.

If anyone's interested I will see if I can dig up some pictures.

Id be interested. That is pretty much exactly what Im doing. When I put the proton gun into his hands it took the paint off. I just need something durable.

Back