Anyone have the Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of the lucky ones to get on the last list for one of CF shields. Each run he got better and charged alittle more so mine was abit over a grand but totally worth it. Looks fantastic and I proudly display it on my wall. This crappy pic doesn't do it justice.View attachment 107061

Oh yeah, that is one of the best I have seen so far... if not THE BEST. Who painted yours?

Oh yeah, that is one of the best I have seen so far... if not THE BEST. Who painted yours?

Thanks for the awesome words man! To say I might have "The Best" is a complement of the highest honor. Waited 2yrs for this gem and the wait was totally worth it. Looks incredible in person and has a real nice weight to it.

Thanks for the awesome words man! To say I might have "The Best" is a complement of the highest honor. Waited 2yrs for this gem and the wait was totally worth it. Looks incredible in person and has a real nice weight to it.

It's definitely the best one I have seen because it looks exactly like this official movie shield.

cap-shield_zpsnpllez7g.jpg

Btw man, I tried messaging you but your inbox is full.

Wicked shield! Thanks Rocbolt for posting the link. I'm getting in touch with Cousin Dave to see if I can order one from him. Even though I have the eFX version pre-ordered, this aluminum version is definitely a must have. Wondering if a titanium version would be at all realistic or if the cost to produce one could be through the roof.

I got a fan made spun aluminum shield off RPF, nearly $700 shipped but :drool

38jOXLA.jpg

rTOdKME.jpg

Wicked shield! Thanks Rocbolt for posting the link. I'm getting in touch with Cousin Dave to see if I can order one from him. Even though I have the eFX version pre-ordered, this aluminum version is definitely a must have. Wondering if a titanium version would be at all realistic or if the cost to produce one could be through the roof.

I got to imagine making a titanium one would be extremely expensive. Its not a hugely pricey material in and of itself (like $13 a pound), but it is so hard it requires very high end tooling to cut it. I have a titanium ring, it weighs about 3 grams which is like 9¢ worth of titanium, it still cost over $100 to get it made because not just any metal tooling can handle it and those bits and cutters are high end, and it can't be forged and shaped like most softer metals. Plus titanium is actually heavier than aluminum, and my spun aluminum shield is already pretty heavy to lug around on one arm. Unless you have the disposable income of Bruce Wayne and plan on wailing on people with it, I don't think a titanium shield would be worth it!

Back