Anyone have connections with Hot Toys? We need an interview!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People vote for what Hot Toys produces with their dollars. If people stopped buying what they are selling I am sure that they would start selling something else...clearly Hot Toys is happy with their results so why would they do anything differently? Hot Toys has not made anything that I am excited about in a really long time but it is what it is. They are in business to earn money not to earn my admiration. They will make a lot more money selling 1000 Iron Man figures from the folks who are buying them than they would selling one 1/6 scale Phantom of the Paradise figure to me.

This thread was just made to cry about not getting there specified dolly really. It?s crazy how some think hot toys is the end all be all . They don?t branch out like they use to
I don’t even really agree with this whole line of thought that they don’t branch out as much as they used to. If you look at the older output of Hot Toys it was still a lot of franchise stuff. The difference was a lot of the early releases were from older film properties. Stuff like Terminator, Robocop, Predator, Alien, etc. are all franchises.

Hot Toys have just moved on to more current franchises, and realistically it makes sense for them. If you truly look at their output there’s not really a lot that’s truly unique or one off. There are some exceptions, but really I think it’s always been this way. It’s just that now the franchises that they have are so prominent and have such a vast array of characters that they overshadow everything else.

Right, they used to make products from the licenses they could get. Now they are making products from the licenses they want.

I don?t even really agree with this whole line of thought that they don?t branch out as much as they used to. If you look at the older output of Hot Toys it was still a lot of franchise stuff. The difference was a lot of the early releases were from older film properties. Stuff like Terminator, Robocop, Predator, Alien, etc. are all franchises.

Hot Toys have just moved on to more current franchises, and realistically it makes sense for them. If you truly look at their output there?s not really a lot that?s truly unique or one off. There are some exceptions, but really I think it?s always been this way. It?s just that now the franchises that they have are so prominent and have such a vast array of characters that they overshadow everything else.

Hmmm idk. They made figures from inglorious bastards, Blade, og hellboy, the spirit , many Rambo?s , video games and stuff like that.

I don?t see them doing that today . It?s marvel or Star Wars

BREAKING NEWS: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH HOWARD CHAN, CEO OF HOT TOYS AND LAP DOG OF DISNEY!

Q: Hello mister Chan, so what was your biggest succ?s these past few years?

Howard Chan: Iron Man and Star Wars.

Q: can you tells us if any new figures are coming?

HC: Iron Man and Star Wars.

Q: Right!... What are your favorite figures you have produced so far?

Q: Any secret project or intel you could share with us?

Q: oookay! ... Now, between the following characters, which ones are we most likely to see in the future? Blade Runner Deckard? Characters based on Netflix?s Witcher? Classic DC characters? Star Trek?...

Q: Well, thank you mr Chan, this was VERY informative and nice of you to reply honestly to our questions. Any last words before we end this interview?

Hot Toys have just moved on to more current franchises, and realistically it makes sense for them.

baae8c1afcd264a128d463037f88a221.jpg

Hmmm idk. They made figures from inglorious bastards, Blade, og hellboy, the spirit , many Rambo?s , video games and stuff like that.

Just in the past few months (year) they've done Pennywise, Hellboy, Battle Angel Alita and the Fantastic Beasts figures.

Look at the release list, you'll see that they do sprinkle in some one-offs and non-Star Wars/Marvel releases. Go back further, there's John Wick, Neo, Ripley, Belle, Winnie the Pooh, Predator, Alien, BTTF2 etc.

The facts do not support your assertion.

Those types of figures are few and far between compared to what they used to do, especially when you factor in the volume of how many MCU figures we’re getting.

The DX lineup was awesome, until they added Darth Maul from SOLO.

Just in the past few months (year) they've done Pennywise, Hellboy, Battle Angel Alita and the Fantastic Beasts figures.

Look at the release list, you'll see that they do sprinkle in some one-offs and non-Star Wars/Marvel releases. Go back further, there's John Wick, Neo, Ripley, Belle, Winnie the Pooh, Predator, Alien, BTTF2 etc.

The facts do not support your assertion.

So? Just cause they do it here and there doesn?t mean they still branch out . Like the guy up top says. They?ll make more marvel figures before they do those and branch out more.

It's really simple, Hot Toys has a guaranteed profit with Marvel and Star Wars, they can keep putting out different variants of a few characters because they know people will buy them, the exceptions like John Wick and Pennywise are only made because they want to not because we do.

Also they have made their way to the very top of the market and have mantained that spot all these years, they don't care about customer interaction anymore because let's face it, they don't need it, regardless of how vocal we are about what we want them to make they can just release another iron man or spider man variant and the overwhelming majority of collectors will buy it.

The only brands that interact and actively talk and seek opinions from their fans and customers are a few third party ones and Asmus, don't expect the top dogs to give a damn about what someone on an internet forum says, to them we might as well be nothing but a walking bag of cash.

Those releases were sprinkled in. Just like today they do one off releases like Neo, John Wick, Alita, Hellboy (2019), the Fantastic Beasts figures (bigger brand, but Hot Toys hasn’t made other Harry Potter figures), etc. I’ll give you that there are way more releases from Marvel and Star Wars now days. I think more than anything that boils down to those brands being so large and lucrative that having them it only makes sense to release as much as possible.

I'm calling it now. DX20 will be Joaquin Phoenix Joker.

Could very well be now that we're seeing all the merch getting announced after the oscars season, I bet they've had the license for a while just like Prime1xBlitzway and Queen Studios and probably already have a prototype ready, an announcement might be planned for the digital SDCC this year.

Back