Anyone get the Predalien yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sent me 2 e-mails, and they also sent the same to Les. So I think you should be good to go as well. No harm in e-mailing them though.

Oh, and they tried to stiff me on the shipping, as I paid for EMS, but their e-mail said regular Air-mail.

No no no ABC! :nono:nono:tap

so they had say next weekend...around 28 march or so then

i too have pay for ems, but i live in italy, so as abc says is the only option possible for my country...

I kinda agree with Nicky on this one , I have never really liked the design they came up with. When comparing it to the alien and predator designs there miles ahead. Stan Winston basically created the look of the predator and alien. It shouldn't of been left up to two cgi fat dudes to create a mixture of both.
Although with that said , the figure is very nice and if I get the bd wolf and the alien down the line I probably will pick this up also if its still available.

I kinda agree with Nicky on this one , I have never really liked the design they came up with. When comparing it to the alien and predator designs there miles ahead. Stan Winston basically created the look of the predator and alien. It shouldn't of been left up to two cgi fat dudes to create a mixture of both.
Although with that said , the figure is very nice and if I get the bd wolf and the alien down the line I probably will pick this up also if its still available.

You need to do your research dude. Stan Winston did not create the ALIEN as you know it today, you gotta thank H.R. Giger and the original ALIEN staff for that. And F.Y.I, the effects studio "ADI" created the effects and designs for AVP and AVPR which includes the new Predalien. And guess what? some of the founders of ADI were members of Stan Winston's studio and worked on the Predator films and Aliens.

With their tight budget, no wonder why the AVPR movie didn't satisfy many of the audience including me (as an Alien fans). However, at back stage, they do come up with many cool Prealien design but just not being selected though…..

This is one of them:monkey2
DSCF0108.jpg

let everyone make there own movie ....then complain! all these movies kicked a#@ in there own right. I thought the first alien movie was pretty hokie as far as today's standers go; but it still rocks! armchair critics? come on we ALL loved them or why would we be spending all this MONEY and TIME dealing with these issues?
please understand what I'm trying to get across.:monkey2 :confused:

I got my "shipping this weekend" notice from ABC today as well. :chew:chew

Wolf and Chet...comin' my way!!

ok, i had to ask them , but they have respond to me same as you, that PA is arrived and will ship to me before or after easter holidays ( i hope as soon as possible:monkey1 ) :monkey5

You need to do your research dude. Stan Winston did not create the ALIEN as you know it today, you gotta thank H.R. Giger and the original ALIEN staff for that. And F.Y.I, the effects studio "ADI" created the effects and designs for AVP and AVPR which includes the new Predalien. And guess what? some of the founders of ADI were members of Stan Winston's studio and worked on the Predator films and Aliens.

The two fat Strause brothers wanted to take part in creating the look of the monster and in one of their faqs they did say that they basically took over whilst laughing. I think if it wasn't for these two guys the creature coud of been done better. By saying Stan Winston created the alien and predator designs I didn't mean create them on paper or imagination I meant for the big screen ( aliens ) . I have been a loyal fan of alien and predator for over 10 years man !.
I know the simple facts !. :lol

The two fat Strause brothers wanted to take part in creating the look of the monster and in one of their faqs they did say that they basically took over whilst laughing. I think if it wasn't for these two guys the creature coud of been done better. By saying Stan Winston created the alien and predator designs I didn't mean create them on paper or imagination I meant for the big screen ( aliens ) . I have been a loyal fan of alien and predator for over 10 years man !.
I know the simple facts !. :lol

You should have been more clear in your previous post. "Two cgi fat dudes" isn't a very good classification for the Strausse bros (except for "fat"). You're right that it was the "Aliens" design that influenced the look of the AVP and AVPR aliens, it was more Jim Cameron that was the big influence on the ribbed-dome appearance on the alien's head, not just Stan Winston studios.

ADI does some great stuff and I think they created a pretty cool Predalien. But you can't please everybody, I guess. :rolleyes:

You should have been more clear in your previous post. "Two cgi fat dudes" isn't a very good classification for the Strausse bros (except for "fat"). You're right that it was the "Aliens" design that influenced the look of the AVP and AVPR aliens, it was more Jim Cameron that was the big influence on the ribbed-dome appearance on the alien's head, not just Stan Winston studios.

ADI does some great stuff and I think they created a pretty cool Predalien. But you can't please everybody, I guess. :rolleyes:

I dunno maybe I need to get used to it. I just can't fit it in to my mind as a creature that goes with alien and predator. When you think of alien you usually also think of predator ( or vice versa ). But the predalien ( for me anyway ) doesn't come to mind. It just seems a little silly to me. I think they should of left it just alien and predator. I mean avp:r may as well have been named pvp , I felt it was more a battle with the wolf and the predalien and the aleins were just spectators that would take a bite now and then.
The first Avp destroyed it and thats saying alot because that also sucked :lol.

I dunno maybe I need to get used to it. I just can't fit it in to my mind as a creature that goes with alien and predator. When you think of alien you usually also think of predator ( or vice versa ). But the predalien ( for me anyway ) doesn't come to mind. It just seems a little silly to me. I think they should of left it just alien and predator. I mean avp:r may as well have been named pvp , I felt it was more a battle with the wolf and the predalien and the aleins were just spectators that would take a bite now and then.
The first Avp destroyed it and thats saying alot because that also sucked :lol.

I guess you've never played the Alien vs. Predator games for PC from a while ago. The Predalien made it's debut in those games. I probably can't change your mind about it, but it's not like it was AVPR that introduced the concept of a Predator and Alien offspring. You think the Predalien is silly? Imo the entirety of all things predator and alien is silly. We're talking about Sci-fi monster movies here, not high-brow dramas.

And honestly, you've got to keep things in perspective about AVP and AVPR. It's not like the Predator movies were triumphs of cinema or anything. That applies to the later Alien movies too (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection). While AVP wasn't good per se, what were you expecting? If you wanted a decent Alien/Predator crossover, go read the old comic books.

As for the AVP "flat faced" preds, I agree that it's weird, but I thinked ADI redeemed themselves when they designed the Wolf Predator. He kicks-ass. I swear, he's cooler than the original Predator.

If you haven't read them, there are some great behind the scenes books on ADI and the work they've done on AVP, AVPR, and lots of other films. And they go in depth and explain the reasons behind their designs.

You heard me. I don't know why people think the original Predator from the first movie is so bad-ass. He couldn't even kill Dutch (one stinking human) and was killed off by a friggin log.

Wolf kills ++++ loads of xenomorphs, humans, and kicks the Predalien's ass.

Wolf > Pred 1.

man , I don't understand how you guys can prefer him !.
I have always loved p2 the best and would rank wolf in 3rd place.
P1 in second. Am I the only one who wasn't wowed.
I think they gave alien a bad name in that movie. There was no leading role for them as they dropped like flys. It may of been called predator kills alien.

I guess you've never played the Alien vs. Predator games for PC from a while ago. The Predalien made it's debut in those games. I probably can't change your mind about it, but it's not like it was AVPR that introduced the concept of a Predator and Alien offspring. You think the Predalien is silly? Imo the entirety of all things predator and alien is silly. We're talking about Sci-fi monster movies here, not high-brow dramas.

Actually, if you want to get technical...

The Predalien made it's very first appearance in the Dark Horse comic "Aliens vs. Predator: Duel".

4 years before the video game.

Back