Anyone ever received #1 out of xxx from SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every piece has "Artist Proofs" that are made that are often given to the companies and licensees and can be given to special folks who are shown love from the company like actors or directors if the piece is film inspired. One of those is definitely worth more than any #1 or #2 IMHO. I never understood really the desire to have a low number, I always thought it'd be neater to have 750/750 for example than #1. :dunno

My Black Elektra is #100/100.:yess:

My lowest number I ever got from SSC was

Black Elektra comiquette #8
Gambit PF #15

I do have matching pairs of Soulfire Grace (Reg & platinum) statues #4 :)

Also got matching pairs of Angelus (emerald & reg) #41

Last edited:
I have an artist proof #10 cave troll bust from Sideshow/Weta. Came in a plain white box with no art.
I always thought that of all the items I have from LOTR (except for the 1st Balrog statue), this would be one of the most desirable (if there is a market for it).

The number is pointless anyway.

It would matter if the first statue made was marked #1 and the next #2 as molds get worn the more items are made with it.

But the numbers are just slapped on at random by 5 cents an hour Chinawoman.

:exactly:

Lowest I ever got is #10 with my Venom Lifed Size Bust (Original).

Lowest # i have Morgul Lord legendary scale # 7
Next Scarface lifesize Bust # 11

i do have Space jockey PROMO from palisades

:exactly:

Lowest I ever got is #10 with my Venom Lifed Size Bust (Original).

hey, me too! what a coincidence. All in all, I could give a rats ass about numbers though. The # of ppl that care about that stuff is very minute, and it's not going to make a difference in sale value.

Never cared about the # edition number on a plaque or a base. In most cases it is just a simple number, written long time after the creation of the collectible, and most of the times has no real connection to the order that item was created or its quality. I also prefer a number instead of a regular Artist Proof (unless that AP has indeed different or better paint apps) because a number is more unique (thus even harder to falsify). Thus I prefer let's say #1251 (or insert #____ here) instead of an AP.

as long as there's no defect on my statue, well don't care that much about numbers
rather than low number....

#500/500....how cool is that? :rotfl

I can confirm this but I believe with LFL #1 goes to them.

What about #2?

hump-dar-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back