Anyone else leaving the batteries in the arms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mechanic Tony had some early battery leaking stages. All batteries come out at my place. I'm not going to ruin a whole perfect pose just to fiddle a switch on for a few minutes; it's not practical.

As cool as light features are, if it would lower prices I wouldn't even be upset if they would cut them entirely.

I haven't ever taken them out and so far *knock on wood* nothing has happened. Then again, they're never turned on except once to see what it looks like so I figure I've got time before they corrode.

All of mine have leaked that were shipped installed but luckily did not cause any damage. I do not keep them in, i will put them in for pictures and then take them all back out.

Well you all scared me straight. Took out all the batteries from my figures. Only left them in R2.

I wonder if anyone sells a system where you can plug them in instead of using batteries. I'd like to actually enjoy them lit up - I do like the light feature. Anyone know of any systems that one can use to keep Iron Man and other light up figures/accessories lit by plugging them in, or how to build something to do it? Seems like I saw a thread on this someplace way back, but I can't remember where to find it now.

A company called Soap Studio in Hong Kong make a product called Soap Reactor to replace batteries with a power source.
https://www.soapstudio.com/soap-reactor-full-pack/

I don't know how easy it would be to diy something, I've never seen anyone post that they have done it.

I take all batteries out of the figures after testing the light up features: Iron Man, Terminator, Star Wars etc. They will leak and corrode, just a matter of time....

Thanks Roders. I'm still unsure how this would work with a Hot Toys AoU War Machine for example, where the top of the head comes off to access the battery pack and switch... if a wire has to run from the pack to the controller, how can you put the battery cover back on? The product looks like a good idea, but I'd want to know more before I spend that amount of money. Thank you for the link, if you or anyone else has used this and there's any reviews or just more info in general I'd appreciate the lead, thanks!

If you type soap reactor into youtube there's some reviews.

better safe than sorry.

I always take them out. years later I see they have exploded in the plastic baggies I put them in.

Who knows if they would have exploded inside the figure or not... but it sure would've hurt the resell value.

Back