Anyone Else Get their Medicom Symbiote Spider-Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
Actually there had been some grumblings a few months back that for the Symbiotes distributed through Sideshow the box would be altered (maybe just slightly), to be different from the mail-away version sold exclusively in Japan. I haven't heard anything since and so my question was if anyone knows if this packaging has any changes to it... such as a Sideshow logo, or something like that.

I do not know what the Japanese box looks like but I their is no Sideshow logo or any other logo I could find other then the Medicom and Marvel one.

I just got mine in the mail today and I didn't see anything out of the oridinary. Great looking figure... although my heart still belongs to the comic version :monkey3

galactiboy said:
I just got mine in the mail today and I didn't see anything out of the oridinary. Great looking figure... although my heart still belongs to the comic version :monkey3

technically, this is one of the comic versions...some would argue even superior to the original threads.

the comic book purist in me still feels that Spider-Man 3 should have featured this design and not just a grey version of the movie costume.

That's interesting about the Japan exclusive mail-away box... Does anyone have a picture for comparison?

I don't even know if FedEx will be delivering mine today. I'm at work now and according to the tracking information I've been looking at since I've been here it's been sitting at the local FedEx facility all day with an estimated arrival of today. Well today's just about over. Hopefully they will deliver it tomorrow without losing it first.

Last edited:
I asked a couple of guys over on RS who had the original and their impression was that there were no differences in the packaging, and that the changes were probably just a rumor.

Have the other Marvel Medicoms shipped from Sideshow yet? I know the comic version (I know Solid.... red and blue suit :monkey4) had a mailaway sticker on the front for the Symbiote and I wonder if it is still there?

i love the Symbiote! he's my 1st Medicom fig and everything i've heard is true. he has the best articulation i think i've ever seen on a fig. and yeah the ankles do hold poses pretty well. and did they make him taller? one bad thing i kept hearing about Medi figs was that they are shorter than other figs, but Blacky here is about on par w/ my Dragons/Sideshow/ect.

only problem is there's 2 places on the uniform where it looks like the white spider emblem is starting to pull away from the cloth. very small, about 1/8 each but they're there. SS is sold out of these. anyone think i'd have a chance at getting another in exchange?

Last edited:
Mookeylama said:
i love the Symbiote! he's my 1st Medicom fig and everything i've heard is true. he has the best articulation i think i've ever seen on a fig. and yeah the ankles do hold poses pretty well. and did they make him taller? one bad thing i kept hearing about Medi figs was that they are shorter than other figs, but Blacky here is about on par w/ my Dragons/Sideshow/ect.

only problem is there's 2 places on the uniform where it looks like the white spider emblem is starting to pull away from the cloth. very small, about 1/8 each but they're there. SS is sold out of these. anyone think i'd have a chance at getting another in exchange?
Mookeylama,

Congrads on your first Medicom...

A thought came to mind about the scale size on 1:6 scale figure market, West verses East. Remember that that the U.S. still measures in “standard/inch” verses the rest of the world measures’ using the, “metric system”.

A 1/6 scale averages in about 12 inches in height in the standard/inch yet if you convert in that, same/average 1/6 scale figure using the metric system, millimeter (mm). The conversion would be, 1 inch = 25.4mm. This means 11.8 inches tall. And depending on the subject these 1/6 scale figures could be larger than 12 inches in height or smaller, i.e. Medicom's Darth Vader or Wolverine (comic version), Hot Toys Predator

Just a thought.

P.S. Call the SS Customer Service Dept and express to them your concerns about the peeling of the white spider emblem.

Be Well,

Ben

Last edited:
At 3:09 PM today June 28th 2006, FedEx delivered my Symboite Spidey.
I'm happy to report that there are no apparent issues with the "white" in color, spidey logo on either the front and rear sides.

This is a very nice RAH figure to have in ones collection, indeed! :joy

Last edited:
When I first got Spidey in the mail I did not even take him out the box. When I looked through the window there was a big spot on the spider emblem that looked like the paint was not applied or had flaked off. I knew the fig was sold out so I did not think I could exchange him. I put the box aside and was going to contact SS later to find out my options.

When I went to there website again to contact them I decided to look again to see if I could live with the flaw or maybe touch it up. The spot was no longer on the spider body but on the spider legs. I knew that was not possible so I finally took him out the box and there was no problem. I do not know if there might have been some moisture or something that made it appear discolored under the
packaging.

I noticed moisture in the packaging for my Medicom Stormtrooper. Wherever the figure came in contact with the package it appeared discolored... however when I opened him not problems. But the inside of the tray did feel a bit greasey, I guess you had the same thing as I did

Regarding scale of Medicom figures - they seem to have 2 distinct 1/6 scale. One for the movie figures and one for the comic-based figures (which are closer to normal 1/6). It's a little frustrating that my comic Spidey towers over my movie Spidey.

That would be annoying... although not so annoying that you have a gem like the Movie Spidey in you collection :monkey5 Its kinda funny that Spidey would be one figure that it would be okay if he was kinda tiny, but he's actually in 1/6 :confused:

I got my symbiote Spidey yesterday and he's great. No issues at all.

I already have the other Marvel Medicom figures and he fits right in with the others except Venom which is about half an inch smaller than my black Spidey.

Back