Anyone else disappointed that Sideshow seems to be moving away from soft goods on PFs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megofan

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I am. I like the soft goods applied to Superman, Batman, even going back to the Rocketeer. But the last several DC statues seem to be moving away from that: GL, aquaman, power girl, supergirl, etc.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but has Sideshow addressed that anywhere?

I am very disappointed. It's what made me love PF's so much in the first place. One of the main reasons I love my/the LOTR Pfs so much.

Really hoping Manhunter goes back to using fabric for his tights/trunks to pull the design ascetic back to Bats and Supes.

I prefer fully sculted. I think Batman and Superman PF's look lame in their PJ's next to Lantern and Aquaman.

You can't use fabric on Green Lantern or Aquaman...their costumes are skin tight

So are Batman and Superman's.

I too miss the mixed media nature of the PF line. It's why I got interested in them in the first place. But, I've been priced out anyway, so doesn't really matter.

So are Batman and Superman's.

I too miss the mixed media nature of the PF line. It's why I got interested in them in the first place. But, I've been priced out anyway, so doesn't really matter.

Green Lantern is 450 compared to Bats 400, Pricing has not changed much despite the never ending echo chamber that is the internet.

I prefer full sculpt. I'm ok with a fabric cape or robe but the Batman and a superman pajamas kill it for me :(

Green Lantern is 450 compared to Bats 400, Pricing has not changed much despite the never ending echo chamber that is the internet.

Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn $350

Black Cat, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Dark Phoenix $500

Echo, echo, echo...

With all the problems that come up with fabric like accidental staining and discoloration due to time and sun, I prefer the fully sculpted that eliminates those issues. But having said that, I would still buy another mix media statue depending how good it looked to my eyes.

Yes, I like more mixed media. I'm also disappointed that SS has moved away from one off PF's like Godfather, Scarface or a license that offers a few like Pirates or Indy. Almost everything they do now is Marvel, DC or Star Wars. It's like they have forgotten that there are other areas of interest for fans. Would love to see the Bride from Kill Bill, Jules and Vincent from Pulp Ficton.........

I used to be a big proponent for mixed media but now that I look at the mixed media PFs, they look more like dolls to me than anything. I prefer fully sculpted now.

I love fully sculpted and mixed media....
I think it depends on the piece
I actually think Sideshow does a good job with sorting out what should be sculpted and what should be material

Back