Anybody quit ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a last resort for selling to me. I'd rather unload it here since it's all negotiable and no fees.

I'm a big autograph collector and eBay has gotten to the point of almost 90% of all their autographed items being sold are forgeries. They don't seem to care one bit because of the money that comes in to them from the fees. That is my big reason for discontinuing my business with them. I have even had a tv news story done about the situation and they still look the other way.

I'm a big autograph collector and eBay has gotten to the point of almost 90% of all their autographed items being sold are forgeries. They don't seem to care one bit because of the money that comes in to them from the fees. That is my big reason for discontinuing my business with them. I have even had a tv news story done about the situation and they still look the other way.

dvds and Blu rays are like 70% fake too. a lot of people are making copies of tv dvds and selling them, Trying to get Dexter season 5 was a nightmare. you never knew which one was the real thing since everyone was complaining about fakeness .

had to just go to the store and get it

dvds and Blu rays are like 70% fake too. a lot of people are making copies of tv dvds and selling them, Trying to get Dexter season 5 was a nightmare. you never knew which one was the real thing since everyone was complaining about fakeness .

Who was "everyone"?

I had no idea about the DVD's and Blurays. Not surprising though, a hotspot for crooks.

I think your 70% claim is WAY exaggerated. I've bought several and never had a copy sent to me.

While it might be an exaggeration, there are A LOT of bootleg DVDs and Blu Ray sets being circulated around on Ebay and Amazon. I won't even trust buying electronics. Sennheiser actually started placing authenticity codes and hologram stickers on their boxes, because of Chinese bootlegs on Ebay.

I quit at the beginning of last year.

Wait, no, they closed my account because I didn't pay my bill. I'll unquit when I feel like giving them $48.

Quit ebay? :lol Use it every day.

They have everything you want and a place you can get rid of whatever you have. No one else has as many eyeballs looking at it as eBay.

I got a bootleg ipod once and ebay refunded me within a week, i aint got beef with them. One instance out of countless sales and purchases, i love ebay. Ef is right and amazon, kijiji, ect/whatever doesnt hold a candle to it. I can recall many times when people here have gotten used or damaged packaging from amazon that were advertized as new. Getting scammed on ebay does happen but its not the sites fault, its garbage people who have mastered loopholes in the system. Do what you want though people, its your life.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Though I haven't sold much on eBay, I've never had a problem with them.

All these horror stories makes me really nervous to though. I've got a ton of stuff to get rid of.

No-I think the protection is pretty good on eBay and as long as you go with reputable sellers it can be quite useful.

My ebay rules.
Communicate with seller is a must.
Seller must have minimum 500 sales.
Seller must have minimum 100% positive feed back within first 500-1000 sales.
Seller must have no less the 99.98% positive feed back when having over 1000 sales period.
Always read carefully.

Following these rules never had a single bad experience with them and living in Ireland it's really really hard to pick stuff up without eBay Amazon.co.uk and a few other sellers are good-but for non brand new items eBay is the only option really.

Getting rid of a SS stormtrooper later today, looks like it'll go for 70 bucks. Ebay doesn't suck but my timing does.

I haven't used ebay in about 15 years. I keep up with collectibles enough that if I want something, I just order it upon release. If there is something that I'd like to have that I can't get upon initial release, then I just do without it, unless I can find it at conventions or through other retailers. And since I really don't have an outlet to sell items, then that forces me to be selective in my purchases. I'm collecting just fine without ebay.

Must of bought hundreds of things off ebay in the last 10 years, mostly 1/6 figs & accessories. Never had any issue, just lucky I guess? Sold a few things also with no hassle.
I will only buy expensive figs from known trusted sellers though.

I've purchased many items from evilbay, but pre-ordering through them is an invite to get stiffed. Sellers will list an item for pre-order knowing the ebay and paypal windows to contest a bad sale will expire before the item is due to ship.

Back