Anybody ever written a screenplay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever sell a script? Any tips for a first time screen writer?

DO NOT go back and re-write your story 25 years after it becomes one of the biggest trilogies of all time.

And when you go back and do a second trilogy 30 years later, make sure it is as good as the first trilogy.

:)

I recommend getting a book to help you write it and sell it, even if it's just to help you with proper scrip format.

If you are serious about selling make sure to get it copyrighted (as in submit it to the two agencies and pay your fee and truly get it copyrighted not just adding the "C" after it)

Unfortunately it's a tough gig much like acting with only a few real break outs each year.

Be advised also that even if you sell your scrip you don't see most of the money until the first day of production. So you can have sold a dozen scrips yet only get a few dollars form the sale because the movie hasn't been put into production.

Good luck!:clap

I've written some short stuff.

As for how to sell it? My ____ aint that good yet. :lol

But watch "Tales from the Script" on Netflix. You know the true horror of becoming a screewriter.

Also, the only way you'll get in the game is if you either get noticed in College for it, or know someone in the biz. Other wise, no one gives a ____.

And even then, no one wants to read your stuff. So you have to have something either really really, really interesting, or something like Transformers meets Avatar so that it makes a bajillion dollars.

Also, the only way you'll get in the game is if you either get noticed in College for it, or know someone in the biz. Other wise, no one gives a ____.

And even then, no one wants to read your stuff. So you have to have something either really really, really interesting, or something like Transformers meets Avatar so that it makes a bajillion dollars.

There's the harsh reality right there.

Most stuff will be filled under "G" :(

I recommend getting a book to help you write it and sell it, even if it's just to help you with proper scrip format.

If you are serious about selling make sure to get it copyrighted (as in submit it to the two agencies and pay your fee and truly get it copyrighted not just adding the "C" after it)

Unfortunately it's a tough gig much like acting with only a few real break outs each year.

Be advised also that even if you sell your scrip you don't see most of the money until the first day of production. So you can have sold a dozen scrips yet only get a few dollars form the sale because the movie hasn't been put into production.

Good luck!:clap

I've bought The Screenwriter's Bible but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I haven't started my script since my story isn't 100% flushed out but I do have about 20 pages of notes.

I definitely want to protect my work so I will look into copyrighting once it's finished.

Thanks for the "good luck!"

I've written some short stuff.

As for how to sell it? My ____ aint that good yet. :lol

But watch "Tales from the Script" on Netflix. You know the true horror of becoming a screewriter.

Cool, I just added it to my queue.

My friend Kevin wrote and sold a screenplay in Spanish using a software called Final Draft. I remember visiting him and he was always working hard on it. He was in like a trance or a zone if you will. He learned from a guy named Syd Field out in Hollywood.

If you're in LA, UCLA has a year long professional program in screenwriting that's pretty good. They have an online version if you're not in LA. I pm'd you some info. Good luck!

If you're in LA, UCLA has a year long professional program in screenwriting that's pretty good. They have an online version if you're not in LA. I pm'd you some info. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for taking the time for that. :hi5:
I'm in NY but I'll check out the info.

Back