Any Uk buyers out there have high import charges?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loose_Cannon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Any UK buyers that purchase direct from Sideshow, I have a question on what are your import charges like.
I have used Sideshow Collectables before but I have recently just purchased the Catwoman Premium Format figure and I have to say its an epic piece but just been stung with a not so epic bill of £70 in the post from FedEx am thinking about just cancelling my other Premium format figures and buying from ebay now.

Any other Uk buyers out there have similar or even higher charges like this?

thanks in advance

Yes. Got about £50 on top each 1/6 figure purchased. So I stopped ordering from them because of it. Haven't had anything from them for over a year.

im going stop buying from them myself mate I am going through my preorders for wonder woman and Batgirl premium format figures and going to cancel I will lose deposit though only £20 but its going to save me a much higher bill later on down the line from FedEx

So I've had three figures recently from Sideshow Collectibles.

The first was Hot Toys Wolverine. This was with FedEx.
The second was Hot Toys Marty McFly, this was with UPS
The third was Sideshow Collectibles Echo, this was with FedEx.

I've have Hot Toys Raiden on its way from UPS.

Going by these last three I think maybe Sideshow Collectibles is sending Hot Toys figures straight from Hong Kong and using UPS from now on, which is better as the charges are much less, though you have to pay tht strive at time of delivery

It seems anything from the US always gets caught up and charged high. I get all my figures from HK and china ( new releases ) and ask the seller to send low value . Not had a problem and never had a charge yet.

Statues, I always try to get them within the EU to save all the bother. Iv had a few big customs in the past tho.

When McFly came through via FedEx, it came directly from HK and the import charge was only 19.95 something. However in the past when items have shipped from the U.S via UPS the charge was more in the region of 45/50 quid. Id rather buy from sideshow and pay a bit more for peace of mind, if the item comes through broken or with a paint issue, they are quick to send a replacement.

Back