Any news of future OT Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be very interested to see a skiff Lando! There are so many different textures (organic, metal, cloth etc, in his outfit to make him a very interesting and detailed piece! Maybe the only other SW figure I might consider buying.

Would love to round out the first Kenner 12 collection with a new Tusken Raider and a Death Squad Commander.

Yoda and Bespin Lando would be too good to pass on as well.

I would be very interested to see a skiff Lando! There are so many different textures (organic, metal, cloth etc, in his outfit to make him a very interesting and detailed piece! Maybe the only other SW figure I might consider buying.
Skiff Lando would be cool for sure. Also would like a Leia in her boushh gear, slave Leia (too bad she'll never happen most likely), Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guards, etc. There's a crap load from the Jabba's Palace scenes I'd buy truthfully.

Just in case anyone from the company may be gauging interest:

For my money, a Hot Toys 1/6 ROTJ Jedi Luke would be a no-doubt, slam-dunk, Day One pre-order from me. Hell, even if my wallet couldn't really justify it, I'd be tempted to pick up two or three. Jedi Luke has always been my favorite version of any Star Wars character. And looking back at photos of Sideshow's original offering, I have to think that HT could produce something of a much higher quality these days.

- I'd really welcome an Emperor, too. [God help me if they ever offered a throne and/or ERG figures.]

- Even after ordering HT's ANH model, I could see an ESB Vader being awfully hard for me to resist.

- I'd love to see Grand Moff Tarkin made. I know that if there's any single Imperial Officer I'd have to find a way of securing, it would be Wilhuff.

- Master Yoda. What else needs to be said than that?

I mean, these may be my "Most Wanted," but there are any number of other OT figures I'd be interested in seeing HT approach (even if they aren't necessarily 'must-haves' I have in-mind for my personal collection). Bespin Han? Endor/poncho Leia? Bespin Lando? And that doesn't even begin to touch upon any of the lesser characters (Cantina aliens/Jabba's goons, anyone?). Heck, as I didn't step into the 1/6 world until only very recently, I'd even be happy seeing some form of a Bespin Luke being re-released (but I've no idea how likely something like that may be)?

And you know what? Before Hot Toys turns their attention completely to the new films -- and the good Lord knows that I anxiously, anxiously await word of an older, bearded Jedi Master Luke (another Day 1 pre-order from me) -- there are still a handful of PT figures I'd really love to see produced:

Hot Toys versions of Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker would be ideal. I even think that the company's take on realistic versions of Kenobi and Skywalker in their early-TCW armor (think Hasbro TVC 103 and 92, respectively) would look just lovely on my shelves. But they would be far less vital for me than their Episode III counterparts.

And for the love of all that is good and Holy: Where's Count Dooku?

Part of me would like to see each of the films' Sith Lords produced. But for all I know, with the new SS Darth Maul, it may be years and years before HT tackles a TPM version of the character?

And you know what? If we ever come to learn what a canonical depiction of Darth Plagueis the Wise would have looked like back in his day (Do we even know that he was a Muun, anymore?), I could definitely see myself investing in him, too. [By the way, anybody else interested in a Plagueis? I may be in the minority here with that one.]

So there you have it, Hot Toys; let's get at it! :D

Would love to round out the first Kenner 12 collection with a new Tusken Raider and a Death Squad Commander.

Yoda and Bespin Lando would be too good to pass on as well.

I actually think the Sideshow Tusken is pretty darned good. Agree the Death Squad Commander would be a nice addition though...

Emperor, Tarkin, and ROTJ Vader and I'm good. But we really need Tarkin.

BADLY.

Just in case anyone from the company may be gauging interest:

For my money, a Hot Toys 1/6 ROTJ Jedi Luke would be a no-doubt, slam-dunk, Day One pre-order from me. Hell, even if my wallet couldn't really justify it, I'd be tempted to pick up two or three. Jedi Luke has always been my favorite version of any Star Wars character. And looking back at photos of Sideshow's original offering, I have to think that HT could produce something of a much higher quality these days.

- I'd really welcome an Emperor, too. [God help me if they ever offered a throne and/or ERG figures.]

- Even after ordering HT's ANH model, I could see an ESB Vader being awfully hard for me to resist.

- I'd love to see Grand Moff Tarkin made. I know that if there's any single Imperial Officer I'd have to find a way of securing, it would be Wilhuff.

- Master Yoda. What else needs to be said than that?

I mean, these may be my "Most Wanted," but there are any number of other OT figures I'd be interested in seeing HT approach (even if they aren't necessarily 'must-haves' I have in-mind for my personal collection). Bespin Han? Endor/poncho Leia? Bespin Lando? And that doesn't even begin to touch upon any of the lesser characters (Cantina aliens/Jabba's goons, anyone?). Heck, as I didn't step into the 1/6 world until only very recently, I'd even be happy seeing some form of a Bespin Luke being re-released (but I've no idea how likely something like that may be)?

And you know what? Before Hot Toys turns their attention completely to the new films -- and the good Lord knows that I anxiously, anxiously await word of an older, bearded Jedi Master Luke (another Day 1 pre-order from me) -- there are still a handful of PT figures I'd really love to see produced:

Hot Toys versions of Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker would be ideal. I even think that the company's take on realistic versions of Kenobi and Skywalker in their early-TCW armor (think Hasbro TVC 103 and 92, respectively) would look just lovely on my shelves. But they would be far less vital for me than their Episode III counterparts.

And for the love of all that is good and Holy: Where's Count Dooku?

Part of me would like to see each of the films' Sith Lords produced. But for all I know, with the new SS Darth Maul, it may be years and years before HT tackles a TPM version of the character?

And you know what? If we ever come to learn what a canonical depiction of Darth Plagueis the Wise would have looked like back in his day (Do we even know that he was a Muun, anymore?), I could definitely see myself investing in him, too. [By the way, anybody else interested in a Plagueis? I may be in the minority here with that one.]

So there you have it, Hot Toys; let's get at it! :D

So everything but the dianoga?

Bespin Han is the figure I most desperately want. SS does a solid job on their droid builds so having HT produce them doesn't excite me that much. Maybe yoda? ROTJ is the start of the downfall that lead directly into the PT so I don't have much of an interest in collecting anything from that film.

(JEDI Luke might be hard to pass up but if the EMPIRE was so HOT for SKYWALKER that they lured him to cloud city to rescue his friends... Why oh why would they not have at least one trooper hanging out a jaba's palace??! - among other Issues).

SW and ESB are so golden that I forgive so much. But it's also the reason I'm sticking with my SS Fett over the new HT Fett.

Maybe 1/4 droids from HT would be cool!

Agree 100%

I've always thought that Skiff Lando would have been such a visually interesting figure to produce. Considering how drab brown can be it would have been a nice showcase to see the design elements come through without the color of the costume getting in the way.

Bauer originally said 6 from ANH I believe... which ended up being more when you count the Luke and Han troopers. Two for ESB, I remember because I thought that seemed low for the best Star Wars movie (I guessed Boba Fett and Yoda, but was wrong on Boba). And three for ROTJ, which I thought would be Luke Jedi, ROTJ Vader and Emperor... but we got Boba Fett instead.

Not sure how OT Star Wars is performing, so who knows but I would think over time we'll get more than just that allotment. I think these were the initial groupings for the OT prior to TFA release.

Maybe Bauer can clear this up with updated info if he sees this.

What? Only 2 from ESB is insane.

While not directly OT however, Plastic Enemies has a teaser (?) with BB8 and a Storm Trooper with the caption "All of It." Han says that line in the newest trailer soooooo I am speculating a teaser for an announcement for Han from TFA ????? It could also be nothing but I prefer the first thought.

And 10 hours previously they posted a photo of a Hasbro (?) old man Han:

11148735_973250919379903_4131949379996400313_n.jpg

I'm in for the older versions of OT characters, because in my version of the universe they'll fit right in with traditional OT (Remnant) Stormtroopers.

I'm ducking all the new troopers apart from the TIE Pilot.

Interesting....hoping for,the first alliance announcement from the new film. Han would be a buy for me as well...

I'm really hoping for a Hoth Leia from Hot Toys.

:lecture I'll add Luke and Han Hoth. SS good attempt, I think HT would be better.

The figures I would like to see from HT from ESB would be Hoth/Falcon Leia, Falcon/Bespin Han, Vader and either (or both) a Hoth Snowspeeder Luke and a Bespin Luke... with apparently only 2 figures being on the (current) cards from ESB I don't know who out of that I would pick, probably Han and Snowspeeder Luke.

SS are doing a pilot Luke so that one may not happen any time soon, though the Speeder version least has snow boots and he used his lightsaber so there are selling points there.

...Also would like a Leia in her boushh gear, slave Leia (too bad she'll never happen most likely)...

With Disney's decision to stop producing Slave Leia merchandise I have an feeling this won't happen any time soon... Wonder if that decision had anything to do with that father complaining a couple of months ago?

might be hard to pass up but if the EMPIRE was so HOT for SKYWALKER that they lured him to cloud city to rescue his friends... Why oh why would they not have at least one trooper hanging out a jaba's palace??! - among other Issues).

In the old books didn't the Emperor send Mara Jade to wait and see if he showed up?

Back