Any guesses for Weta's next LOTR piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we need Eomer on steed next really. Like Faramir, he's one that we've wanted since the SSW days, and we need a statue of him to finish off the main characters.
Shortly after that would be Denethor, Treebeard, Mouth of Sauron on steed, fellowship Pippin, Rohirrim Merry... and I wouldn't mind new statues of the other fellowship members, but maybe Weta wouldn't see much point as Sideshow produced new statues of the fellowship except Merry and Pippin, hopefully making them a viable option for Weta.
As for environments, I'd love to see the Black Gates, Minas Morgul, Crack of Doom, and that ruined Hobbiton factory Weta haven't released.

For the Hobbit, we know the other dwarves are coming, so that leaves Beorn, Goblin King, Dain, hopefully a new Azog... and a Rhosgobel environment. I seem to want more LOTR statues than Hobbit ones! :lol

Not a bad start on either. Minas Tirith as we mentioned earlier must be done by Weta. I have the DM mint one but much like Barad-dur it needs the Weta touch. Otherwise I dig your LOTR list. As far as your Hobbit list we need a generic Elves, Legolas, and a generic Dwarf from Dain's army. Maybe a generic Orc or two.

Don't forget that Grond topped the environment list request, right after Green Dragon.

Don't forget that Grond topped the environment list request, right after Green Dragon.

That would be a very cool and interesting piece, never thought of that one. So much potential for this WETA LOTR line...to think I thought that the LOTR statue line was dead!

Yeah, we need Eomer on steed next really. Like Faramir, he's one that we've wanted since the SSW days, and we need a statue of him to finish off the main characters.
Shortly after that would be Denethor, Treebeard, Mouth of Sauron on steed, fellowship Pippin, Rohirrim Merry... and I wouldn't mind new statues of the other fellowship members, but maybe Weta wouldn't see much point as Sideshow produced new statues of the fellowship except Merry and Pippin, hopefully making them a viable option for Weta.
As for environments, I'd love to see the Black Gates, Minas Morgul, Crack of Doom, and that ruined Hobbiton factory Weta haven't released.

For the Hobbit, we know the other dwarves are coming, so that leaves Beorn, Goblin King, Dain, hopefully a new Azog... and a Rhosgobel environment. I seem to want more LOTR statues than Hobbit ones! :lol

I have always enjoyed your posts and your list and mine would have quite a few in common.

My top choices right now would be
LOTR
1- Grond
2- Mouth of Sauron on Steed
3- Black Gates
4- Minas Morgul

HOBBIT environments
1- Dol Guldur
2- Ravenhill with Azog and his command during the Battle
3- Great Goblin Throne area
4- nice Erebor interior shot

HOBBIT - figures
1- Thranduil on Elk in battle
2- Dain on his pig
3 - amputee troll who crashed down the tower setting up the Legolas - Bolg battle over the chasm

But I would forgo all the others for GROND

With what Weta did with Azog, I'd love to see a new Ringwraith on steed.

It's a good thing there's already a RWOS, and is an awesome sculpt to boot. But, before they revisit that sculpt, I would have them first take on either Dain on Boar, or Thranduil on Elk, or naturally, the ever-been-missing Eomer on Steed.

It's a good thing there's already a RWOS, and is an awesome sculpt to boot. But, before they revisit that sculpt, I would have them first take on either Dain on Boar, or Thranduil on Elk, or naturally, the ever-been-missing Eomer on Steed.

I think at some point all the greatest hits will be revisited, ie Balrog. I've sold off my SSC Dark Rider and Ringwraith maquette(great piece, may eventually go after it again sometime) so I'd like to add the to my collection again. The others you've mentioned would be neat to see but are not must haves for me.

Gimme a set of all 9 and I'll call it a day, :lol

Its a fine line between redoing characters and doing new pieces. Mix them in between new pieces and I think you will please do many fans. One piece is love to see is a solo piece of Aragorn in that outfit he wore at The Black Gates. The Aragorn on Steed piece is awesome but I've wanted to see a solo piece. So it's one of those that I'd like to Se but needs mixed in with characters we've never had.

I'd brake for Aragorn. The only figurative humaniod I have right now is Thor but Aragorn I'd definitely consider, I'm just real selective if it's not helms/environments. I'd always take Finrod and would love a Nargothrond environment. Anything from Sil environment wise and I'd be a happy camper.

New helms would be great too.... metal please!

I'd brake for Aragorn. The only figurative humaniod I have right now is Thor but Aragorn I'd definitely consider, I'm just real selective if it's not helms/environments. I'd always take Finrod and would love a Nargothrond environment. Anything from Sil environment wise and I'd be a happy camper.

New helms would be great too.... metal please!

Aragorn is my fave and I love that look so that's why he's always high on my list of personal wants. Sil stuff sadly can't happen since the estate owns the rights to that. Now some more helms would be cool.

I would also love to see the prologue characters (Elrond has already been made):

Gil Galad with Aeglos
Isildur
Elendil
Prologue Elf
Numenorean warrior

A full line of these characters would be awesome!!!

I would also love to see the prologue characters (Elrond has already been made):

Gil Galad with Aeglos
Isildur
Elendil
Prologue Elf
Numenorean warrior

A full line of these characters would be awesome!!!

Gil-Galad with Aeglos would be an instant buy for me.

With what Weta did with Azog, I'd love to see a new Ringwraith on steed.

New Ringwraith on Steed, Pork Chop Express? The original RWOS is such a classic :rock, I doubt it could be bettered. :monkey3

However, if Weta were to make another 8 versions of the RWOS, that would be a different story. :lol

One of the highest placers in the polls over at the (defunct?) S&F Forum was Eomer on Steed, I believe? Faramir was also up there in the list. And we know that Weta does listen. So Eomer on Steed could be near.

Id love to know what those few lucky people saw in the Weta workshop recently when they had a tour! But they've been sworn to secrecy!

On the S&F forum I proposed a new line of interior environments. We have the mini interior of Bag End but I'd love a larger version. Then you could have Beorns house, Erebor, etc etc.

Plus busts. I'd love Weta to make more busts! Id likely get most of the dwarves in bust form. Or these barrel rider statues if they do all of them.

More busts would be cool. The other stuff would be great but I would pass on them myself.

Back