Any Freaks live in PDX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Just moved to Portland and finally getting settled in :rock Miss you guys :wave :grouphug

Anyone live in the area? I know Jen is up in Seattle, but there's so many newbies on the board I can't keep up with everyone's locations!

If there are any fellow Portlanders, what are your favorite things and places around town?

My sister and her family live just outside of Portland. I've been there, and even lived there for half a year once. Nice countryside. You should go to Multnomah Falls, it's not too far away and it's really beautiful. Take the path up to the top, the view is worth it.

Last edited:
I knew a girl who lived there. She got her graduate degree in Chinese medicine, got a job in a massage parlor as an acupuncturist, and then quit when she found out they were furnishing their clients with happy endings.

She was so appalled that she moved back to Maine, where happy endings only happen if you sleep over your cousin's house.

I knew a girl who lived there. She got her graduate degree in Chinese medicine, got a job in a massage parlor as an acupuncturist, and then quit when she found out they were furnishing their clients with happy endings.

She was so appalled that she moved back to Maine, where happy endings only happen if you sleep over your cousin's house.

HA! :lol There's not a lot of police interference here, so there are tons of strip clubs randomly peppered all over, and I'm sure many other "happy ending" type places if you care to seek them out ;) Awesome street fairs too! And very family friendly - every restaurant is very welcoming of children, and they don't give you ugly looks if you bring your 2 1/2 year old in.

Loving it so far!

Hi Bodie :nana:

Never been to Portland, but I have read this: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Fugitives-Refugees-Portland-Oregon-Journeys/dp/1400047838/ref=sr_1_17?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309555266&sr=1-17"]https://www.amazon.com/Fugitives-Refugees-Portland-Oregon-Journeys/dp/1400047838/ref=sr_1_17?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309555266&sr=1-17[/ame]
which makes me want to go there someday.

What are you doing in Portland??? :slap

We decided to move here after a year of self-reflection and trying to figure out where we wanted to raise Dax. We settled on Portland for many reasons - not the least of which the food is ridiculously awesome :lol

bannister said:
Never been to Portland, but I have read this: https://www.amazon.com/Fugitives-Re...r_1_17?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309555266&sr=1-17 which makes me want to go there someday.

I've actually never read that, but I should! It's definitely an interesting place with tons of history and character. They've done a really good job at "hiding" how cool the city is, but it's starting to get out recently so there are lots of people moving here. Come visit & we'll get a beer - tons of excellent microbreweries - I think there are like 320 in the tri-met area alone (and one is 2 blocks away from our new house)! :clap

i live in NW portland moved here recently from a little town about a hour away i am not a huge poster on here but i do collect Star wars premium formats

favorite things
Ground kontrol classic arcade. 25 cent games. 4 buck pints. very cool looking bathroom.
its on 6th and couch or so

the food carts on 12th and hawthorn are some of my favorite places for a good cheap late night bite to eat.

if you like beer there are tons of good brewerys but what you really need to do is hit up belmont station its on SE stark. little place huge beer selection.

powells books is a must for anyone.
voodoo doughnuts is also a place everyone needs to go at least once.

enjoy portland its a beautiful safe city. it could do with less bicyclists though

Last edited:
HA! :lol There's not a lot of police interference here, so there are tons of strip clubs randomly peppered all over, and I'm sure many other "happy ending" type places if you care to seek them out ;) Awesome street fairs too! And very family friendly - every restaurant is very welcoming of children, and they don't give you ugly looks if you bring your 2 1/2 year old in.

Loving it so far!

She loved it for a good 7-8 years. I heard the age demographic is very young and there is a lot of really cool stuff going on as far as music, food, art, bars, etc. are concerned. I wish she had waited to move back here until I could have visited.

i live in NW portland moved here recently from a little town about a hour away i am not a huge poster on here but i do collect Star wars premium formats

favorite things
Ground kontrol classic arcade. 25 cent games. 4 buck pints. very cool looking bathroom.
its on 6th and couch or so

the food carts on 12th and hawthorn are some of my favorite places for a good cheap late night bite to eat.

if you like beer there are tons of good brewerys but what you really need to do is hit up belmont station its on SE stark. little place huge beer selection.

powells books is a must for anyone.
voodoo doughnuts is also a place everyone needs to go at least once.

enjoy portland its a beautiful safe city. it could do with less bicyclists though

Voodoo is awesome, and I have dreams about the Elephant Ears at the Saturday Market - ha :lol The food is insane. But at least it's a very pedestrian and bicycle friendly city, so I get lots of exercise. I personally love all the cyclists - makes me want to get out there on my bike too - I sure can use the exercise!

Haven't been to Belmont Station or Ground Kontrol, but they are on my list now - thanks! Powell's is a very very dangerous place for me...I collect books more than anything.

Our Sideshow collection includes all of The Dead stuff, some SW PFs, some Marvel PFs, and other random life-size busts. Can't wait to get things set up in our new house :clap

You'll love Portland - it really is a beautiful city...and Seattle is only a couple hours away. :)

Surprisingly - I do hear that Portland gets more rain than Seattle - so be prepared for very wet winters.....but it's so green and clean that it's worth it. :)

I haven't been down to Portland in awhile - but the next time I do, I'll look you up. :duff

powells is magnificent i just love the smell. winters are very wet. we usually get about a week of snow. when i moved up from California in 03 everyone said "oh this weather is so weird for us" ever year. and even though it rains constantly during the winter everyone forgets how to drive in the rain. now that it is summer time. i always take my out of town guests to Silver falls. its beautiful. about a hour from portland in silverton. a super quaint little town that is fun to visit.

You'll love Portland - it really is a beautiful city...and Seattle is only a couple hours away. :)

Surprisingly - I do hear that Portland gets more rain than Seattle - so be prepared for very wet winters.....but it's so green and clean that it's worth it. :)

I haven't been down to Portland in awhile - but the next time I do, I'll look you up. :duff

Jen!! :1-1: Definitely come and visit some time. And I'll let you know when we come up to Seattle - it may be in a few days actually - my little sister is roadtripping up there from Texas with some friends then flying back to Austin from Seattle (I think on July 14th or something). I'll message you - is Facebook best?

re: the rains...right now I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure it will get old after a few weeks. But without them, it wouldn't be so green and awesome here, so I guess you look for the silver lining in those clouds!

Jen!! :1-1: Definitely come and visit some time. And I'll let you know when we come up to Seattle - it may be in a few days actually - my little sister is roadtripping up there from Texas with some friends then flying back to Austin from Seattle (I think on July 14th or something). I'll message you - is Facebook best?

re: the rains...right now I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure it will get old after a few weeks. But without them, it wouldn't be so green and awesome here, so I guess you look for the silver lining in those clouds!

Facebook is good or you can PM me here. :)

I really don't mind the rain either...sometimes I do miss the sun after months of grey skies....but it's so beautiful around here...I can't think of anywhere else I would want to live. We've got the best of everything in the PNW - water, mountains, beaches, lakes and awesome eclectic and artsy communities....good beer, good food and good people. :D

Back