Any Freaks live in PDX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Beaverton, so yeah...

Just a heads-up on the geek-related events going on here, since I don't get what's with all the surprise at PDX. Portland's got a great comic book show in November, with Echo Base Toys usually toting high-end stuff from Sideshow, Medicom, HT, etc. In the spring, there's the Stumptown convention, which is pretty cool because it focuses entirely on comics and on their creation. Great presentations and artists there, so if you're into the art form, that's the best place to be. TFAW also has a booth there to sell books and whatnot. Apparently, Portland's also thinking of having a larger-scale commercial convention too, like the November show, but bigger. They got the idea after seeing what the Seattle ones were like. We don't know when this will be done though.

It's one of the geekiest places to be. Hell, Dark Horse is headquartered in Milwaukee (I used to be two minutes away from them before we moved) and it's literally across the street from TFAW's main store -- and there are plenty more of those in Oregon. Marvel and other companies also have places here.

Plus it is a stone's throw from Seattle and San Diego. :)

Just moved to Portland and finally getting settled in :rock Miss you guys :wave :grouphug

Anyone live in the area? I know Jen is up in Seattle, but there's so many newbies on the board I can't keep up with everyone's locations!

If there are any fellow Portlanders, what are your favorite things and places around town?

That's awesome! My wife and I moved to Tampa from Portland five years ago but now that we have a couple of kids we plan on heading back in one to two years tops.

You need to check out the theater pubs. 21 and older obviously and they're CONSTANTLY showing great classics from our childhood. Look up the Laurelhurst, the Mission, and Baghdad theaters specifically. The Laurelhurst was constantly doing "theme" months too. I saw Dead Alive, Gremlins, and Creature from the Black Lagoon one October when they were doing monster movies one year.

But they'll do Westerns, romances, and all that stuff too.

The Cinetopia in Vancouver was our favorite as far as state of the art theaters go.

You might want to check out the Portland City Grill for dinner. A nice restaurant at the top of a skycraper. Go at night and ask for a window seat. :D

I live in Beaverton, so yeah...

Just a heads-up on the geek-related events going on here, since I don't get what's with all the surprise at PDX. Portland's got a great comic book show in November, with Echo Base Toys usually toting high-end stuff from Sideshow, Medicom, HT, etc. In the spring, there's the Stumptown convention, which is pretty cool because it focuses entirely on comics and on their creation. Great presentations and artists there, so if you're into the art form, that's the best place to be. TFAW also has a booth there to sell books and whatnot. Apparently, Portland's also thinking of having a larger-scale commercial convention too, like the November show, but bigger. They got the idea after seeing what the Seattle ones were like. We don't know when this will be done though.

It's one of the geekiest places to be. Hell, Dark Horse is headquartered in Milwaukee (I used to be two minutes away from them before we moved) and it's literally across the street from TFAW's main store -- and there are plenty more of those in Oregon. Marvel and other companies also have places here.

Plus it is a stone's throw from Seattle and San Diego. :)

Dont forget that Bowen is based here as well. I'm in the Portland area. Dont know much else in terms of living places. Lived in Phoenix, that was ok, wish I lived in Southern California though!

Back