Any chance of Sideshow making a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the movie its not the best of all time but I can't help but love it. I'd be down of for He-Man or Skeletor from it. Would really love them to make stuff from the cartoon. That would make my freaking year.

You'd have to pay me to take a film version of anything. Although considering some of the SSC choices lately it's probably a lock

COOL.

Monday morning/afternoon laughter - CHECK

OH . . . it ain't going to happen.

;)

:lol

IF . . . it ever does . . . then that's cool too.

My question answered at last! :D Thanks Sideshow! :D

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Q: Is there any chance of Mattel working with Sideshow Collectibles to make a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line? First I would LOVE to see a Comiquette of Frank Langella as Skeletor and a Comiquette of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man! :) I loved this film as a kid and still do! :) Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! :) I have sent this message into Mattel also. :)

A: Very good question, and it’s certainly something we would like to be a part of! Whether or not the new movie moves forward, MOTU is fertile ground, and we would love to pay a visit to Eternia.

Well guys I have sent Sideshow's answer to this question into Mattel. :) I also let Sideshow Collectibles know that I have done so. We will see what happens. :D (Fingers crossed :D) I hope it happens. :D

Nick

Frank was awesome as skeletor in that movie...the rest of the movie was..ehh not the best...but still fun. i hope they make movie stuff and classic stuff. Do it sideshow! there are lots of crazy diehard motu fans out there!

My question answered at last! :D Thanks Sideshow! :D

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Q: Is there any chance of Mattel working with Sideshow Collectibles to make a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line? First I would LOVE to see a Comiquette of Frank Langella as Skeletor and a Comiquette of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man! :) I loved this film as a kid and still do! :) Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! :) I have sent this message into Mattel also. :)

A: Very good question, and it’s certainly something we would like to be a part of! Whether or not the new movie moves forward, MOTU is fertile ground, and we would love to pay a visit to Eternia.

Sideshow, How are you guys doing on this?

After all, It is the film's 25th Anniversary this year. :)

The Monster,
Nick

its funny you started this thread. i actually just re-watched this film 2 weeks ago, cause i wanted to see if it still would hold my attention after all these years. it did. i still enjoyed it for what it was. it was a fun movie. not a masterpiece by any imagination, but a fun and entertaining movie indeed. i too would buy a piece from this movie if ever produced. skeletors troops in the movie were pretty bad ass.

I still feel this line would make money as Collectibles from the film Figures, Statues, Ect. have never been done before. These days I would not collect the other MOTU suff. Collectibles from the film YES I WOULD! :) Go figure. :) Use to have all of the old MOTU toys from the '80s. :) I SOOOO wish I still had them! :( I am into all of this collecting stuff even more now as an adult than I was as a kid. I wish I would have NEVER played with my MOTU toys as a kid! :) I truly love the hobby of films and collectibles. :) It's about the only thing a guy like me, who is confined to a Wheelchair, Can do and enjoy just like everyone else. :)

Nick

its funny you started this thread. i actually just re-watched this film 2 weeks ago, cause i wanted to see if it still would hold my attention after all these years. it did. i still enjoyed it for what it was. it was a fun movie. not a masterpiece by any imagination, but a fun and entertaining movie indeed. i too would buy a piece from this movie if ever produced. skeletors troops in the movie were pretty bad ass.

Skeletor's troops were bad ass. :D I agree. :D

Nick

Dreamworks animation just bought the rights to make He-Man movies so, maybe someday we will see something from that someday.

Back