Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is Dr.Strange will be the new "leader".

Kind of strange that Ant-man isn't in theaters before Avengers 2,as it was Hank Pym that created Ultron.

Giant spiders and i'm out. :lol

skittles-spider-hed-2014_zpsbdedc742.jpg

No, Capt was the leader of the team in Avengers one. He got the team together, and he was calling all the shots during the battle against the aliens. Even Stark was being told what to do during the invasion by Capt. Is Capt the main character? Not really. He's like Cyclops in the XMen films, the leader of the team, but not the protagonist.
Cyclops is a good analogy. Technically he's supposed to be the leader. He did order the team around during the fight at the end. But really, RDJ (the Wolverine of the MCU) was the leader the whole time. Cap was allowed to be "in charge" by RDJ. He was smarter, funnier, more astute, made the biggest sacrifice at the end, etc.

My guess is Dr.Strange will be the new "leader".

Kind of strange that Ant-man isn't in theaters before Avengers 2,as it was Hank Pym that created Ultron.

Well Ultron is initially going to be a dormant peacekeeping program from the past that Tony is going to re activate so I'm assuming and hoping that Hank will still have a hand in the origin of Ultron.

And I doubt that Stephen will be a leader since that isn't his thing at all. Yeah sure he'd be part of a super secret club full of the greatest minds of the MU, but a leader? Nah.

Considering he's part of the movie universe now, even Pym-adjacent, I would friggin' hope so. Ultron belongs to Pym.

I vote Black Panther leader. He's a king, suppose to be technologically advanced, skilled fighter, he's the best parts of Tony and Steve mashed together

Cyclops is a good analogy. Technically he's supposed to be the leader. He did order the team around during the fight at the end. But really, RDJ (the Wolverine of the MCU) was the leader the whole time. Cap was allowed to be "in charge" by RDJ. He was smarter, funnier, more astute, made the biggest sacrifice at the end, etc.

Cap has been handled 100x better than the moping and disappearing Cyclops.

Well that's true, but he's had 2 movies of his own to be fleshed out, plus Avengers. But Caps' role in Avengers = Cyclops' role in the X-Men in the movies thus far. Leader "on paper" only. More a foil to the real focus (Wolvie/Iron Man) than anything else.

Well Ultron is initially going to be a dormant peacekeeping program from the past that Tony is going to re activate so I'm assuming and hoping that Hank will still have a hand in the origin of Ultron.

And I doubt that Stephen will be a leader since that isn't his thing at all. Yeah sure he'd be part of a super secret club full of the greatest minds of the MU, but a leader? Nah.
He was the de facto leader of the Defenders most of the time. In the comics he wasn't inherently a team player at all, but neither was Hulk who didn't last more than the first issue as an Avenger in the comics.

Nolan didn't say that apparently. It was a false story.

Good to know. Though I've never been a fan anyway. He just looks like a rotten tool I'd hate being around. Like the fart-sniffing elitists from that South Park episode about Priuses. Priii? Or maybe the one where they put their food in their butt.

Have we seen the same Marvel movies? Cap = Cyclops? Huh? :lol

Rogers is #1 or #2 in the scheme of things. He's the head honcho, the first Avenger, the real OG. Thor and Hawkeye got the short ends of the stick, Rogers? Not so much. Even the original cut and 90% of the deleted scenes were Cap centric. I think the fact that Cap and Iron Man are going head to head in Civil War shows that Rogers and Stark are the juggernauts for the time being.

What more should Captain America have done in the three movies we've seen him in so far? Cyclops was a bit part, if he wasn't being Wolverine's ***** in one movie, he was drugged to be a baddie or killed in the next. That's Hawkeye, not Captain America.

Back