Anime Figure/Statue Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind Yamato's Macross stuff goes for one hundred to two hundred dollars. I think they are totally worth it though. They can fully transform into all three modes and unlike with Myth Cloth it isn't gimmicky. You effectively have three figures built into one so if you have a lot of room keeping them in the fighter mode is awesome. They are well articulated too, enough so that they seem to mirror the actual articulation and capabilities of the mechs within the lore of the series.

Here's a quick picture I found. The one I have, the YF-19, is on the right. Dunno if you've seen Macross Plus, but if not you should! It's the best Macross hands down.

522199868aeb5c184fc39087b5e37f04.jpg

The figures are 1/60th scale and Collection DX has a video review on most of them too which is nice.

One day I'll have the YF-21...It's my favorite Macross mech. It's so cool and I loved the pilot too.

sorry I didn't reaply earlier but let me jump in!

First of all welcome!!
How is the Cobra statue? I want one of him but the High Dream seems so-so and a bit small likewise their Goldorak line is too small for me... :(

For Ryu I consider only 2 viable options. For Ryu on his own I think the SOTA statue is amazing but SOTA is a a crappy company that I can't recommend.
Second I love the Sagat Vs Ryu diorama from PCS that is the classic scene from the movie.

For Saint Seiya obivously the Myth Cloth is duh! if you like that. I actually had them all as a kid and lost them so now I'm collecting the Myth Cloth EX which are much more anime accurate and allow for much more positions which is great for displaying all the classic attacks.
If you prefer Statues I recently found a French site called Tsume Art that has very few Saint Seiya statues in 1:6. They are gorgeous and I have Saga on PO, Ikki is sold out and I just saw they announced Shaka who looks outstanding!!!! :panic:
They also have some very nice Naruto and One Piece dioramas but they can be pricey :/

Re: Macross like Monger said Yamato is pretty much the way to go. I really want their Patlabor as well.

My one issue with most mechas is that the Japanese always make small figures and a 10" mecha is just puny.... I'm craving a nice (at least 18") Grendizer :monkey2

Thank you, Drakul!

The Cobra statue is 9'', but it's from Griffon Enterprises. The one that's from High Dream Corp is my 12'' Mazinger Z.

Popcultureshock seems like the most viable option for Street fighter, but I couldn't find any Ryu of theirs at Amazon.

I'm going to look for those Saint Seiya statues RIGHT NOW! Thank you so much for that tip.

By the way, I think High Dream Corp released a 16 inch Grendizer, based on the manga version.

Thanks a lot for the welcome, and the help!

Their Ryu goes for a lot these days, but don't worry they have said multiple times in the past that they plan to revisit characters like Ryu and Akuma so just wait until that time. It'll look much better than their current Ryu too as that didn't age well at all.

And yeah the Tsume Saint Seiya stuff looks good though they are very expensive. It's a small company from Europe holding pricey licenses so it makes sense their stuff is going to cost quite a bit.

Thank you, Drakul!

The Cobra statue is 9'', but it's from Griffon Enterprises. The one that's from High Dream Corp is my 12'' Mazinger Z.

Popcultureshock seems like the most viable option for Street fighter, but I couldn't find any Ryu of theirs at Amazon.

I'm going to look for those Saint Seiya statues RIGHT NOW! Thank you so much for that tip.

By the way, I think High Dream Corp released a 16 inch Grendizer, based on the manga version.

Thanks a lot for the welcome, and the help!

right, Griffon. that's the one I meant. not my favorite but Cobra is slim pickings so....
The biggest Grendizer I've seen from high dream is a 12" vinyl...

And yeah Tsume can be really expensive especially when you add on shipping to US but they're doing some stuff that no one else does. Saint Seiya statues, amazing Naruto dioramas...
They just got the One Piece license and unveiled their Zorro diorama which looks freaking insane!!! but $525+ shipping makes me :monkey2

I wish the face on their Sakura statue was better though. It's an excellent statue and pose demonstrating her at her best, but the face just doesn't look right to me.

Their Erza is awesome though. I might have to pick her up as my first Tsume statue.

I wish the face on their Sakura statue was better though. It's an excellent statue and pose demonstrating her at her best, but the face just doesn't look right to me.

Their Erza is awesome though. I might have to pick her up as my first Tsume statue.

I don't have any of their statue yet but I had to PO Saga since I'm Gemini and I'm this close to POing Shaka.
Zoro is very tempting as well but so pricey :/

Heres my Master Stars Piece Goku. Really nice PVC statue standing around 10 inches tall, well painted, good heavy PVC. They got the face right which is a big thing for me when it comes to DBZ figures.

You can get it for around $35 shipped on ebay, definitely worth it.

20130725231423-870297df.jpg

20130725231426-2dd09c7e.jpg

20130725231428-5590a0da.jpg

20130725231431-282a1248.jpg

20130725231434-0239296e.jpg

Size comparison with a Bowen statue.

goku6.jpg

That's great for the price. Are there any others in the line?

Also nice dude you play Gundam Extreme Vs? That game is awesome beyond belief.

That's great for the price. Are there any others in the line?

Also nice dude you play Gundam Extreme Vs? That game is awesome beyond belief.

Goku is the first in the DBZ line i don't know if they will do others, i hope they will. They have done a few guys from One Piece and Barnaby and Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny. If you search Master Stars Piece on ebay some will pop up.

Yeah man love Extreme Vs it's great!

Great Goku!!! If they do more I may grab them but for now I think I still want the Medicos more.

Well I just bought this from ebay for $40 shipped. I made sure to pick up the cheapest one from japan and not HK.

There was a cheaper one from the US but it was a PO too so I skipped it.

Great pics of Goku and Mai!

I just got shipping confirmation for Goku so I should have him soon-ish.

She looks really different from the prototype, assuming that is the same figure I am thinking of.

Back