Anime Figure/Statue Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone watching Shingeki no Kyojin, attack of the titan,s just saw the first episode, totally blown , hope they keep up the expectations

Yeah that's a popular one.
Anybody knows Free!
It's like K-On but with guys and swimming..

Sword Art Online was the in thing amongst otakus last year, this year is Attack on Titan. I still haven't seen it, but I heard the pacing was terrible recently.

Sword Art Online was the in thing amongst otakus last year, this year is Attack on Titan. I still haven't seen it, but I heard the pacing was terrible recently.

Yep no one cares about Sword Art now they've got a new flavor of the month. In a few months it'll be something else. I'm not looking forward to all the Titan cosplay next Sakura Con, but I am looking forward to what I hope will be a huge surge in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure merchandise, fanart, and cosplay. Hell I might do a Jojo cosplay myself. I've been thinking about it.

the action scenes are fast..but story wise it's really slow. and the recent one is a recap too..

i wanted to cosplay a titan but after thinking that everybody else would cosplay eren and such..better not.

The pacing of the manga is also pretty bad. The past couple of years has only covered a few days of story.

Hi, guys! Been lurking this section. Lots of nice-looking figures, if a little over-sexualized for the direction I want to give my collection. But all of it very beautiful, nonetheless.

I've been browsing some stuff at Amazon... haven't picked anything yet, but I've seen some Mazinger related things that interested me.

Already got the 12' Mazinger from High Dream Corp, and a 9' statue of Cobra the Space Pirate, but I'm thinking of adding some more stuff and variety to my anime section.

I need a Ryu (I got the NECA action figure, but I want a statue), a Saint Seiya, a Goku, some Macross Valkyries, a Mach-5, a Ken from Gatchaman, an Astroboy, and maybe even a Tekkaman Blade, and the anime icons of my childhood (and part of may adolescence) are going to be complete.

Hi, guys! Been lurking this section. Lots of nice-looking figures, if a little over-sexualized for the direction I want to give my collection. But all of it very beautiful, nonetheless.

I've been browsing some stuff at Amazon... haven't picked anything yet, but I've seen some Mazinger related things that interested me.

Already got the 12' Mazinger from High Dream Corp, and a 9' statue of Cobra the Space Pirate, but I'm thinking of adding some more stuff and variety to my anime section.

I need a Ryu (I got the NECA action figure, but I want a statue), a Saint Seiya, a Goku, some Macross Valkyries, a Mach-5, a Ken from Gatchaman, an Astroboy, and maybe even a Tekkaman Blade, and the anime icons of my childhood (and part of may adolescence) are going to be complete.
that statue of ryu that comes with the street fighter collection is pretty neat. :)

Yeah no doubt SAO was the flavor last year. I went to Tokyo last August and it was all over the place.

Hitokiri Battoussai!

cvba.jpg

Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) G.E.M. 1:8 PVC Figure - Mega House

Last piece of my Kenshin collection (so far with hopefully more to come) and very nice. He comes with a Hitokiri face and a Himura face as well as 3 hair styles (2 long, 1 short). Also the detail of his different scar on each face (/ on the Hitokiri, X on the Himura) is a great touch. I got him in his blue outfit version from the OAV so obviously the Hitokiri face fits much better and I like it much better but I'm biased.
Very nice piece overall.

PS: Taking the contre-jour pic with my phone and no bokeh (since my camera is broken) doesn't come out as nice sadly :/

xzfp.jpg

q1oe.jpg

7p7l.jpg

e3co.jpg

pkk7.jpg

xio8.jpg

0kqv.jpg

You've come to the right place. I'm well versed in all of those and we have a few Saint Seiya and Go Nagai fanatics aside from me around here.

Which Ryu are you talking about? Street Fighter? If so there are no options really. There are no good Ryu figures out there the closest is the PAK one, but it follows the SF4 artstyle so it looks a bit weird. If you don't mind the faces then go for it.

As for Macross you only have one option. It's all about Yamato's stuff. They made these great 12 inch tall mechs that can transform. They are nice quality and well built, unlike Bandai's ____ from Frontier that stuff is awful. I have the YF-19 it's a bit dated now but still good. I hear they are remaking it.

For Tekkaman Blade you can do the Figma or Bandai's Armor Plus figures. Those are alright.

Thank you so much for your help, Monger!

Yes, I was talking about Street Fighter Ryu. After I posted, I remembered that "Ryu" is actually a very common name for japanese characters, like Ryu Hayabuse from Ninja Gaiden. But, yeah, I was talking about Street Fighter.

I may wait till they release something new... the Popculture Shock statue is very expensive now, and what stops me from getting the Play Arts Kai figures are the knee articulations. Just can't get over them.

About Saint Seiya, I was first thinking about the Megahouse statues, but I think I'll try going for the Myth Cloth ones. I want Seiya, Athena, and Hades, at least. And Shiryu, who's my favorite of the 5 protagonists.

About Mazinger, I've seen a nice bust bank, a 10 inch Mazinger that comes with a Koji in student uniform, and a model of the Hover Pilder, that comes with an articulated Koji in pilot uniform.

About Macross, I'll follow your advice and start looking for the Yamato stuff. I've seen some from Revoltech, but these are too small.

I've seen a Tekkaman that comes with Pegasus... I think I'll go for that one.

this is the ryu figure i was saying..yeah 8 inches but it doesn't seem to be too bad, especially when there's not a lot of ryu around.
sfcollector.jpg

Yes, that's the one I thought about. It looks good, and I'm a sucker for art-books too, so it won't hurt much buying that Collector's Set.

I agree that there are very few Ryus in the market. It's all Chun-Li and Cammy... not that it's a bad thing, but the main character and most representative of the franchise, is Ryu.

It's the opposite case than Superman... too many Superman figures, but very little from his villains and supporting cast. There's just NO modern Lois Lane figure or business suit Lex Luthor, if you can believe that.

Thank you for your help, DaSaru! Actually, I was considering this Set, anyway. Got the Injustice: Gods among us one, and I also want the Uncharted 3 one, so I'll end up getting them, sooner or later.

bleah..gaming girls don't get the figure treatment much too unless they look anime-ish as well. which is sad.

which one of the injustice figures did you get? the uncharted 3 one has a decent sculpt..the paint could be better. (but the rest of the swag makes up for it a bit)

I got the USA edition, which hast the Wonder Woman in Regime costume, about the throw the bat-plane, thats tied to Batman's neck with the lasso of truth.

I like it, it's PVC, and very light.

I'm posting a photo:

SupermanShelf002_zps57bcb9d8.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photo. It's a little blurry.

Thank you so much for your help, Monger!

Yes, I was talking about Street Fighter Ryu. After I posted, I remembered that "Ryu" is actually a very common name for japanese characters, like Ryu Hayabuse from Ninja Gaiden. But, yeah, I was talking about Street Fighter.

I may wait till they release something new... the Popculture Shock statue is very expensive now, and what stops me from getting the Play Arts Kai figures are the knee articulations. Just can't get over them.

About Saint Seiya, I was first thinking about the Megahouse statues, but I think I'll try going for the Myth Cloth ones. I want Seiya, Athena, and Hades, at least. And Shiryu, who's my favorite of the 5 protagonists.

About Mazinger, I've seen a nice bust bank, a 10 inch Mazinger that comes with a Koji in student uniform, and a model of the Hover Pilder, that comes with an articulated Koji in pilot uniform.

About Macross, I'll follow your advice and start looking for the Yamato stuff. I've seen some from Revoltech, but these are too small.

I've seen a Tekkaman that comes with Pegasus... I think I'll go for that one.

The Tekkaman Pegasus figure is a Soul of Chogokin. You used to be able to get it on sale too since people didn't buy it much if I recall. Collection DX has a review of it if you want to see more. In general they are a nice source for that kind of niche mecha genre that doesn't have as much appeal with the modern day American anime viewers. Those dudes grew up with Voltron, Battle of the Planets (that's what they called Gatchaman here right?), Robotech, etc... so they have an interesting perspective on things.

As for Mazinger they make a new one every month seems like. The Super Robot Chogokin lineup is Bandai's best so I recommend getting the Mazinger from that. It comes with fun extra parts and effects too.

IMO the Pop Culture Shock statues look terrible. Awkward facial sculpts and really poor anatomy. Plus, they are undersized. For whatever reasons they are 1/4.5 scale meaning they will naturally look weird when posed with statues outside their line.

As for Saint Seiya, I'm not sure what to tell you. Personally, I don't like the Myth Cloth lineup. I've gotten quite a few of them over the years including a few from the EX lineup and I ended up selling them all. They are flimsy, poorly designed, gimmicky toys that are way overpriced too and tend to go for a lot on the after market, at least when compared to retail. Only the EX line has good face sculpts, but it's still not that great figure wise. They opted to let you remove the armor to give it that kind of gimmick of transforming it and putting it onto the warriors, but in doing so it makes things fall of easily and just not work well. Some of the figures in the lineup, such as Hades, were so frustrating I would actually get mad trying to pose him :lol

Perhaps you'll have more success with Myth Cloths than I have.

Back