Anime Figure/Statue Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shishioo would be such an interesting character for a PF if done correctly. I wonder if it would be possible to wrap his whole body like a mummy in mixed media or if that would not work. It'd be so amazing.

i'm not sure the whole bandage look would work in mixed media honestly.... you never know of course but I think sculpted for bandage would be better. Now the Kimono on the other hand :)

Rurouni Kenshin? Man I loved that anime! Shishio looks great Drakul! Congrats.

Pretty cool! Congrats!

Thanks guys! I'm a big Kenshin fan and I also have him and Hajime Saito coming.
I hope they continue the line with Sanosuke, Yahiko, Tomoe, Soujiro....

i'm not sure the whole bandage look would work in mixed media honestly.... you never know of course but I think sculpted for bandage would be better. Now the Kimono on the other hand :)

Thanks guys! I'm a big Kenshin fan and I also have him and Hajime Saito coming.
I hope they continue the line with Sanosuke, Yahiko, Tomoe, Soujiro....

Saito was the best. Even more epic in Kenshin than he was in real life :lol I think the Shinsengumi is one of the most interesting things in Japanese history.

That's why I thought id ask about them here. I got my Shunya Yama****a "Nasca" from them a few months ago. It was around $125 and it was the only place online I could find one. Now they have another one. I was going to get a few other figures from them that I like but because I saw the Nasca back in stock I thought maybe they weren't genuine. It does have the "copyright Shunya Yama****a" stamp on the bottom tho. I don't really know a lot about bootleg anime figures. The site does claim that only genuine figures are sold :dunno

Oo nice figure. And LOL Shunyama's name got censored! XD

Shinsen Gumi Leader Turned State Cop

mpk9.jpg

Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin) G.E.M. 1:8 PVC Figure - MegaHouse

My second Kenshin figure arrived yesterday and it's very cool too. Saito is in his classic pose, I love the way the katana can rest with the index finger on top and the others below, very neat! As with Shishio the base is pretty crappy, cheap plastic and not interesting but the face is great and especially the eyes are very piercing.

p5a.JPG

wgx5.jpg

xzla.jpg

gt91.jpg

prvc.jpg

ux93.jpg

7i9m.jpg

I've noticed there has been a rise in anime figure discussion on the two General boards and then in the video game board and such. Perhaps one day soon my dream of this forum getting an anime board may come true :) I think we could really use one. There's a lot of anime fans on this site, but there are very few places to discuss the merchandise without it just falling to the 100th page :lol

FIGURE-000673.jpg

Ooo I want this. Tharja from Fire Emblem made by GSC. Would fit well with my collection.

Hmm what new anime are you guys watching?
I've been watching Shingeki No Kyojin and rewatching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Durarara.

FIGURE-000673.jpg

Ooo I want this. Tharja from Fire Emblem made by GSC. Would fit well with my collection.

Hmm what new anime are you guys watching?
I've been watching Shingeki No Kyojin and rewatching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Durarara.

I had to get that Tharja. I haven't even played the game :lol This year and early next year are really good for me when it comes to anime figures. I'll be getting in a ton of them.

I had to get that Tharja. I haven't even played the game :lol This year and early next year are really good for me when it comes to anime figures. I'll be getting in a ton of them.

mmm not so much for me. probably getting tharja here, some medicoms and kotobukiya and hunt the Solange figure that i missed.
12221.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed there has been a rise in anime figure discussion on the two General boards and then in the video game board and such. Perhaps one day soon my dream of this forum getting an anime board may come true :) I think we could really use one. There's a lot of anime fans on this site, but there are very few places to discuss the merchandise without it just falling to the 100th page :lol

No kidding, seems like a single thread for all of the anime pieces that are in the wild is a bit low.

mmm not so much for me. probably getting tharja here, some medicoms and kotobukiya and hunt the Solange figure that i missed.

Solange is fantastic in person; I own the black variant version.

Toylet had her on sale for a little while and I know Hobbyfan had her for a bit (that's where I got mine). She also pop's up for sale on MFC (myfigurecollection) randomly so I'd check over there if you're still searching for her.

I've got some Jojo Super Action Statue figures coming in. Despite the name, they are poseable lol. Anyone here collect them? They are around the height of Figma and other figure lines like that, but their sculpts are exceptionally better. They have the best sculpts and quality control I've seen in this type of figure. They blow Bandai and American companies straight out of the water and somehow manage to make the real products almost always just like the prototypes.

I've got Cars and Caesar coming in and next month Joseph and Star Platinum. I want to track down Wham and ACDC. Hopefully they get rereleases

For those who collect the bishoujo line: the exclusive SDCC Harley just went up for pre-order today (for those of you who don't get to go to the convention). I'm never sure if bishoujo is considered 'anime' or 'comic' so I figured I'd post here just in case.

Link to their shop: https://store.kotous.com/

I've got some Jojo Super Action Statue figures coming in. Despite the name, they are poseable lol. Anyone here collect them? They are around the height of Figma and other figure lines like that, but their sculpts are exceptionally better. They have the best sculpts and quality control I've seen in this type of figure. They blow Bandai and American companies straight out of the water and somehow manage to make the real products almost always just like the prototypes.

I've got Cars and Caesar coming in and next month Joseph and Star Platinum. I want to track down Wham and ACDC. Hopefully they get rereleases
the anime posables i collect are medicoms, nendoroids and figmas. my friends like jojo but they only collect the small scale figures.

POST YOUR JOJOS!

For those who collect the bishoujo line: the exclusive SDCC Harley just went up for pre-order today (for those of you who don't get to go to the convention). I'm never sure if bishoujo is considered 'anime' or 'comic' so I figured I'd post here just in case.

Link to their shop: https://store.kotous.com/
i would consider it anime-ish based on style alone. not into that harley though. waiting for some other reveal at SDCC..

Back