Anime Figure/Statue Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest is Hot Toys Saeko Nogami from "City Hunter":

DSC_0203.JPG

I've been wanting her and Ryo Saeba for quite some time now and decided to get them both. I found them in a pretty good price and Ryo sould arrive in a week or so.
I think she looks great and comes with a decent amount of accessories!

More pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/1043...ms/5884067476289186017?authkey=CNKDo7fzg-iNYg

Hoyl ****! Never knew they did a City Hunter line!! :panic:

Hoyl ****! Never knew they did a City Hunter line!! :panic:

I imagine they didn't sell very well. I'm a big fan of City Hunter, but I didn't like these two figures at all so I sold them. It's Hot Toys so you never know, but they have made no allusions to them continuing the line with other characters. In general it seems like Hot Toys doesn't have much success with their Japanese licenses.

My second anime figure. Theres extra rocks to put around her but im not sure if im going to do that because its all loose pieces. I think she still looks ok just as is.

medicom needs to get on this muv-luv license and release some of these in 1/6. they do great work on anime properties so i'm sure they would do wonders for this license.

medicom needs to get on this muv-luv license and release some of these in 1/6. they do great work on anime properties so i'm sure they would do wonders for this license.

Generally speaking skin tight body suits + huge breasts and butt do not work well in 1/6 figures with fabrics. There are only a few bodies out on the market that have those highly sexualized proportions, and Medicom and Hot Toys do not have access to those. In general these sorts of outfits are probably better sculpted anyway. I think the Muv-Luv and Eva designs are best suited to sculpted statues.

What do you guys think of the 1/2 scale Sonico statue? Anyone like that type of statue (child face + out of proportion big assets) and unusual scale?

It's a lot of bang for your buck. Sonico has a cool design though if I recall the face on the 1/2 scale one didn't look all that great. If you like it I say go for it, but be warned. From what I understand getting stuff like this from AmiAmi has a high chance of parts breaking in transit, to which I don't think they will replace.

It's a lot of bang for your buck. Sonico has a cool design though if I recall the face on the 1/2 scale one didn't look all that great. If you like it I say go for it, but be warned. From what I understand getting stuff like this from AmiAmi has a high chance of parts breaking in transit, to which I don't think they will replace.

Certainly not from AmiAmi, and not for my personal use either (not my cup of tea:rolleyes2). I'm just curious if there is good interest/demand for this type of statue. It is on the pervy side for sure, but statue of this subject and scale does not come along that often, so will there be collectors looking to pick this up?

Are you looking to flip something? If so then look no further than the American figure market because aside from a select few types of product flipping will not get you very far with Japanese figures. I doubt demand on this Sonico figure will be much at all. There isn't a big market for scales that large in Japan.

Generally speaking skin tight body suits + huge breasts and butt do not work well in 1/6 figures with fabrics. There are only a few bodies out on the market that have those highly sexualized proportions, and Medicom and Hot Toys do not have access to those. In general these sorts of outfits are probably better sculpted anyway. I think the Muv-Luv and Eva designs are best suited to sculpted statues.

well they don't necessarily have to make those same exaggerated proportions that they do in the anime when they design it for the 1/6 line. they can probably tone it down a bit it wouldn't bother me and actually it might look better.

what super sonico statue are we talking about :dunno

I would be curious to see what a 1/6 figure of muv-luv would look like. Im glad I kept the statue... I almost cancelled.

I posted this already in a different thread, but figured I would throw up a pic in here anyways.

I posted this already in a different thread, but figured I would throw up a pic in here anyways.

I'm jealous. I really hope Bandai reissues the bike one day. Getting the 1/6 figures is easy enough, but getting the bike for non ridiculous prices is impossible.

Back