Animal Crossing New Leaf - Nintendo 3DS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been curious about this game. I have never played a animal crossing game so I'm not totally sure what its about. I'm debating on this or fire emblem

Its fun so far. Just be prepared that it is really just the same game again. Got a Wii balance board for the house today. LOL

Is this like a more casual version of harvest moon but no objective at all? It looks interesting!

Is this like a more casual version of harvest moon but no objective at all? It looks interesting!

There is an objective in building your house and your town. But once it's built it is really really casual open ended, no-objective type gaming. This is where it's important to have friends to keep interest in the game.

How's the 3d?

The 3D is OK. It's really more just having the text boxes floating over the game. Nothing else in the game is really that impressive or made in 3D.

I figured. The only real change is that your the mayor this time around, right?

Yeah. Though I'm only 1 day in I haven't seen what that actually means yet.

And I'm not trying to talk any newcomers away from getting the game. Animal Crossing is really fun and the world is just quirky. I just want to warn people who've played the game before that this is a new release in the Japanese sense where they don't do much new.

Was thinking about picking one up for my girlfriend and myself. I LOVED the one on the Gamecube, not sure if anyone else played that one but man did I love it. I also picked up the DS one but it was a minor set up from the Gamecube one.

How is this one Shropt? I haven't looked into gameplay so I'm sure what they have added or taken away from the previous installments.

Me and the fam played this basically all day yesterday. We still have much to unlock and discover, but I can tell you this: this is the best connected version of Animal Crossing ever. Playing with friends across the internet has never been easier. And the new "best friend" system allows you to voice chat even when you're not in the same towns!

My advice for those considering it is to buy the download version. Normally, I'm a cart guy so I can share with the fam, but in the case of Animal Crossing, you're going to want it with you at all times to get the full experience.

For those of you who don't know what the heck this Animal Crossing thing is and are approaching it for the first time: Don't think of it as a game. There is not point, no end, no goal. Animal Crossing is about discovery and surprise. That's it.

Kabuki, are we friends on the 3DS? Whats your code? I need someone to bury traps, I mean trade goods with online. :p

And if the last version of this you played was on Gamecube then it will be a pretty big jump. They've made quite a few additions since then.

Kabuki, are we friends on the 3DS? Whats your code? I need someone to bury traps, I mean trade goods with online. :p

0989-2226-7858 send me yours and I'll add you after work tonight.

I do share a town with the wife, so if you see that I'm online and I'm not responding, that probably means she's playing and not me.

4639-8967-5380

I'll add you later. I'll most likely be playing tonight since my cousin will be getting it today also. Come and visit if the gates open. :)

Man you all are making me want to get this game! I just picked up Fire Emblem yesterday and having a BLAST. I need to get through that game so I can pick this up.

Back