ANH Vader for 30% off

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So get this: It's been a couple of weeks since the sale and since I placed the order for ANH Leia. I got her for $20 + $9 shipping and was supposedly shipped out on the 6th. I still have not gotten her so I called Hastings. They said there is nothing they can do except refund my money and give me free shipping if I decide to reorder Leia who is currently going for $50. I was hoping they could honor the sale price but they refused. So sadly, I ended up empty handed with this sale!

I haven't received my Predator, yet.

It said it shipped on the same day as Hellboy. Which I received. And I also have Vader, which I order a week after.

I got both my rebel trooper and Stormtrooper from GoHastings in a week and half since I ordered. The boxes were a little scratched and looked used, but the figs looked like new. Bottom line, with the amount that I saved, I am happy I ordered from them.

I got my Vader the other day, the bottom of the box was really crushed, but nothing was broken. I didn't want to bother asking for a replacement seeing that I got it for a good price (and who want's to wait another 2 weeks for this awesome figure). I was also happy that Vader's chest box was intact, there has been lots of complaints that there straps have been broken.

I received all 3 figures I ordered, (stormtrooper, leia & obi wan). They were all shipped separately.

At long last, my Mark III arrived! FYI, he's back in stock and $154 again. I'm very glad to have had my cancellation reversed 'cause this is one fantastic figure. Guess I'm going to have to get me a Mark I now. sigh!

- J

At long last, my Mark III arrived! FYI, he's back in stock and $154 again. I'm very glad to have had my cancellation reversed 'cause this is one fantastic figure. Guess I'm going to have to get me a Mark I now. sigh!

- J

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you as well, Micro!!! Again, thanks for your help on this one! :rock

I reordered my cancelled wolf andsupposedly I'm supposed o be able to get the same discounts after it ships, which it just did.

- J

I reordered my cancelled wolf andsupposedly I'm supposed o be able to get the same discounts after it ships, which it just did.

After reading both posts above and having some time to kill today, I decided to give it a try to have my canceled Mark 3 order reinstated. Well, I asked to speak to a supervisor and after explaining that my order was canceled for no reason and that the item is now in stock again, he said he would call me in the next 2 days after he had spoken to his boss to see if they can give me the discount again. We'll see what happens.

So get this: It's been a couple of weeks since the sale and since I placed the order for ANH Leia. I got her for $20 + $9 shipping and was supposedly shipped out on the 6th. I still have not gotten her so I called Hastings. They said there is nothing they can do except refund my money and give me free shipping if I decide to reorder Leia who is currently going for $50. I was hoping they could honor the sale price but they refused. So sadly, I ended up empty handed with this sale!

Update: I finally DID get my Hastings order, a full 3 weeks from when they mailed it! It was mailed "parcel post" with no tracking number. The shipping box was plenty big and beat up and abused, and the figure inside was very lightly packed with just a few air bags floating around in there. The box had awful price sticker residue remnants on the front of it and the flap tab was out suggesting someone had opened it up. But the figure itself seemed untouched. All in all it was an overall PITA (they had also charged me twice for the order), but what do you want for a $20 Sideshow figure? I'm just happy I finally got it!

After reading both posts above and having some time to kill today, I decided to give it a try to have my canceled Mark 3 order reinstated. Well, I asked to speak to a supervisor and after explaining that my order was canceled for no reason and that the item is now in stock again, he said he would call me in the next 2 days after he had spoken to his boss to see if they can give me the discount again. We'll see what happens.

I tried that in phone calls and emails back and forth and they have yet to honor my original deal.. they suck bigtime.
edit: the last communication with them had them claiming that they "do not engage in price matching and do not negotiate prices"
they have flat-out refused to do it.

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but just thought i'd share an interesting update to Hastings. I stopped at the one out of state that i've shopped at before. They had the usual sideshows i expected, vader, obi wan, indy etc. But also one, ridiculously battered up Bank Robber Joker, tagged 149 but the sleeve was ripped on most of the bottom corners and the top box flap had been opened, i didn't even try to take the sleeve off to look at him, just strange to see him. He was on the regular shelf like all the other figures, not locked up due to his price or anything.

First time i've ever seen a hot toys figure in their store.

Back