ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the figure far more than the look in the film. I always found it to be too simple an outfit in the movies, but as a figure it's quite nice and I look forward to owning him.

I love the figure far more than the look in the film. I always found it to be too simple an outfit in the movies, but as a figure it's quite nice and I look forward to owning him.

Simple Luke In a simple time for him.Just before he realizes what the force is and can do.:)

ROTJ is still my favorite look, but like MF I think this is a great looking figure.

3rd amen. ANH Luke is one 12 incher I have never owned in any version. Every single dang one that has ever come out would have been an embarassment to me to display.

Until this one. :clap

I was just about to turn 10 when ANH came out, so while this version of Luke isn't THE Luke for me, its definitely vital and I don't think there's much room for improvement except maybe $10 off.:D

Wow.. now that I think about it this is my first ANH Luke doll too. :eek: I guess it's that I never found the POTF2 doll, the others were just kinda Meh, but this one looks really nice.

Please excuse me when I say doll but my gf has been on me and so I've given up the term figure for the moment. :lol

Jedi's always been my favorite film, so Jedi Luke will always be my favorite look, followed by Bepin, then Hoth, then X-Wing, Endor Gear, and ANH dead last. Like I said though, in figure form, the costume of ANH is very interesting, and I found the Bespin costume more exciting in figure form than in the movie. I think in some ways, some outfits are more interesting when reimagined out of scale and in different fabrics and such.

ESB luke is the most favorite i've seen by far in most fans of my generation at least(born in 76)and beyond it.But for some reason the outfit combined with the ignorance of a boy with huge potential in him and a lightsaber hanging by his side has always made me feel something different for the character.....Not sure exactly but this luke touches me.

Luke's Tatooine getup is imprinted on my consciousness from reading the Star Wars comics as a kid. Though these days I realize he wouldn't have gone back to his farmboy threads after the Battle of Yavin, he would have stayed in his Rebel gear.

While I think the likeness is quite good, I for the life of me don't understand why SSC didn't include the blast shield helmet, other than the fact it wouldn't fit over that farm boy mop. We have the training droid with Ben, but no helmet with Luke. I would have rather had a switched out head similiar to the one used for Boussh Leia than some of the other accessories. Other than that, I can't wait to see what the final paint job will look like.

I think the fact the helmet couldn't be worn was the main reason for not including the blastshield helmet. It was commented long ago when Jedi Luke came out that the Endor gear wasn't done because the helmet would look improper designed to fit on the head, which is why the Endor troops have hat hair sculpted. We may still see it on a con figure or something down the road. As for a Boushh style; the current SSC male body doesn't feature a connector made for easy head swapping.

If they do something like that for a Con item that would be fine. Was kind of looking forward to having the helm but I'm just glad to be getting ANH Luke.

Luke's ANH look has always been more iconic and nostalgic than "simple" to me. That's because I will always become the 5 year old little boy who was blown away and changed forever in a darkened theater in 1977.

To me, this is the essential Luke. That is why I wish the accessories included were more definitive.

Back