ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I totally forgot about this today, so my butt is on the waitlist for the exclusive version but a $70 price tag was pretty shocking...

Considering the posts in the price thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there are numerous cancellations and your waitlist comes through for you.

I agree with you MF. But, even though the body is not the greatest, I usually don't find my posing options are that restricted with the majority of SS figures. Now I think when we get into figures with tighter fitting clothes the changes will be 100% necessary, but in general the Jedi and others released seem okay with the Buck.

Other than the Buck base body, I don't see anything about the latest previewed figures that doesn't leave me satisfied with what I pay for them, the clothes look great, we're getting some nice weapons that Sideshow always does a fantastic job with. All of Luke's accessories look very well crafted from design to paint and I know they'll come out as nice. I'm very excited about this one, c'mon Q2.

I agree with this for the most part. I think the accessories for Luke look great, I just wonder whether the other figures with less accessories will reflect in a lower price. Also, the "other than" in your first sentance is a biggy and I think once that changes we'll see another price increase.

my order went through at 10:00:47 pacific time. first time i got an order in within the first minute. :woo

I got mine ordered but not sure if I will keep him.. I'll wait and see what other places have the regular for. I've been saving my rewards points for Vader so I hope he doesn't come out until the points for Palps and Yoda/Dooku come through so I can at least save a couple bucks on him.

Ok, a couple things since I was at class:

1. Love the figure, looks fantastic and glad I ordered it.
2. PPO is getting easier every time it seems.
3. I am NOT happy about spending $70 for this figure and had better see armor by the summer or I will join the chorus of unhappy voices.

I think I would have been fine with the spared no expense despite rising costs had the figure been $64.99 but at $70 BEFORE shipping... This better be because you are preparing us for the prices of armored figures and new bodes. I now EXPECT something black and white by Toyfair or SDCC... truth be told though at SDCC I want to see something that should be about 13 to 14 inches and comes in black - VADER. Still happy, still getting them all, but now Im wanting some answers, armor or at least better smoke screen explanations.

That's what there doing,raising the prices on regular figure's,because they're going to raise the prices on the armored figure's.People just would'nt understand why they'd have to pay $50 more for an armored figure.So now there will only be a 20 to 30 dollar difference.We still won't get the bang for are buck though.Paying 70 dollars for a Luke figure with no new body or even changes to the exesting body is ludicris.Then thier excuse for raising the prices on all their figure's is that the price of petroleum has gone up,I aint buyin it.I bet ya that the body SS is supposedly making with the help of HT won't be that dramaticly changed.I would only expect a few changes to it's existing body,and there won't be a whole new body like what some here are assuming.SS even said in one of there Ask Sideshow forums that they were'nt going to change the wrist joints because in their eye's it would take away from the posebility.:rolleyes:

I really question how much the base bodies impact cost of figures from SSC to HT to Medi. That's the part you can reuse over and over and over, so how pricey can it be. I can't see a new body raising things more than $5-$7.

I'd judge simple, current figures by Praji. He's $60 with minimal stuff. Han and Luke have had a lot going along with them for accessories so I think that's the increase.

Maul came with a lot..

Accessories including:
Lightsaber with dual ignited blades
Lightsaber with single ignited blade
Lightsaber hilt
Electrobinoculars
Interchangeable hands, including

Gloved saber grip left
Gloved saber grip right
Gloved force gesture right
Gloved left with droid controller bracelet detail
12-Inch Figure Display Base with Star Wars logo

9 things not counting the exclusive lightsaber.

All that for $54.99

Luke comes with:

Moisture Farmer Poncho
Long Rifle
Electrobinoculars
Droid Caller
Lightsaber - Ignited
Lightsaber - Unlit
Right Saber Hand
Left Saber Hand
Left Force Push Hand
Right Pistol Hand
12-inch Figure Display Base with Star Wars logo

11 things not counting the exclusive for $69.99

Those of you looking at this through Rose Colored glasses that the accessories justify the price are saying that two more accessories justify a price jump of $15....

I love every figure offered but at some point the realization is there that these figures base points are getting out of control. If we don't get Vader and/or Boba Fett within the next 12 months I would expect that in 2010 if this line is continuing you'll see standard figures for $99.99 and Vader and Boba, Clones, etc in the $150 mark no problem..

I understand it is getting kinda high for what we expect. I just don't understand some of the arguments being made.

1. I will just buy medicoms at that price.

Look at medicom Luke. Sure it may have a better body. Although it is a bit short and looks nothing like Luke. It was also twice the price of this.

2. I will not buy anymore until they change the body.

How many of you change the poses on a daily basis? Really besides MaulFan to take pictures. I mean most of us post our elaborate displays behind glass or on shelves. I for one don't walk into my room and play with my dolls. I set them up so they look good on a shelf.

3. I will just not buy it at that price.

Fine don't buy it. Maybe it will show them maybe it wont. Mind you this figure sold out at $69.99 in under an hour.

Maybe I just don't understand. Again this is not something you have to buy. If you want to argue price and beat a dead horse about something I suggest complaining about something usefull. Maybe you could write your congressman and complain about the price of gas. That would be a valid argument. I am getting sick of filling up my tank. After all I can't afford it anymore now that I have to drop $69.99 plus shipping for a doll. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, the Medi fans have been that way since the line's inception and continue to find reasons to just proclamate that they're into Medi only.

I agree with you on the body point, even my Medicom figures with the "superior" bodies never changed poses once I found one I liked and kept them on my shelves.

The honest truth is for big ticket characters like Luke, Han, people will buy. Smuggler Han was a surprise for how long it really lasted in PPO but Luke brought things back to the fold. Everyone person who doesn't buy is another WL converted. The grassroots just don't buy in reality in these times isn't effective. Most of us who are complaining about the pricehike also bought Luke and will buy the next offering as well....

Well I was excited about this figure :monkey1

Hard to justify spending $70 on this fig when I can get the PF for only $30 more.

I'd really hate to see what the prices are going to be on the armored figures when SS gets around to releasing those. They are pricing these figures out of my collection now. I'll hope to get some via gift cards or on the secondary market but there are very few non-armored characters I'd pay $70 for.

I think I am beyond the point about complaining about the price... this is what they are and thats that. I just now have to become a little more selective about who I get. I passed on Han, Leia and Pratt because they weren't "worth it" to me... but a Tarkin at the same Pratt price I would get. Just the way it is now and I fully expect Vader to be $150 at the LEAST.

As of right now? Luke in X-Wing Gear, TIE Pilot (more cloth than Armor), Tarkin, Slave Leia, Yoda are only non Armored characters I'm looking forward to buying. I'm regretting getting the Endor pack because I won't be filling out the initial diorama I had in mind originally.

As of right now? Luke in X-Wing Gear, TIE Pilot (more cloth than Armor), Tarkin, Slave Leia, Yoda are only non Armored characters I'm looking forward to buying. I'm regretting getting the Endor pack because I won't be filling out the initial diorama I had in mind originally.

I passed on them at first as well. I bought them and they quickly became some of my favorite ones.

I understand it is getting kinda high for what we expect. I just don't understand some of the arguments being made.

1. I will just buy medicoms at that price.

Look at medicom Luke. Sure it may have a better body. Although it is a bit short and looks nothing like Luke. It was also twice the price of this.

2. I will not buy anymore until they change the body.

How many of you change the poses on a daily basis? Really besides MaulFan to take pictures. I mean most of us post our elaborate displays behind glass or on shelves. I for one don't walk into my room and play with my dolls. I set them up so they look good on a shelf.

3. I will just not buy it at that price.

Fine don't buy it. Maybe it will show them maybe it wont. Mind you this figure sold out at $69.99 in under an hour.

Maybe I just don't understand. Again this is not something you have to buy. If you want to argue price and beat a dead horse about something I suggest complaining about something usefull. Maybe you could write your congressman and complain about the price of gas. That would be a valid argument. I am getting sick of filling up my tank. After all I can't afford it anymore now that I have to drop $69.99 plus shipping for a doll. :rolleyes:

:clap:clap:lecture:lecture

Late for the party but i got mine also. Well, my brother got one for me. I couldnt make it home in time so i had my brother do it. Now i just gotta get him a lil' sum'n sum'n for doing it:D

I forgot about this today, however. having seen the price I'm glad i did. That kind of money before shipping counts me out of buying direct from Sideshow. Paying $70 for it would be bad enough but then having to pay to have it shipped to the UK too is just too big an ask for me.

Its a good figure and I like it but to be honest the rising prices of these babies has kind of made me realise i just don't want them that bad. Now a Hot Toys Predator 2? I want that bad. and I think the money I would have spent on Luke is going to be going towards one of those.

Ive been hoping for Armoured characters from sideshow for a long time now, but now I'm afraid I'm just not going to want to pay the prices they're likely to charge for them. I have a medicom ROTJ Vader and I'm happy with him. I think ANH Han may very well be my last Sideshow SW figure.

I was at work and missed the pre order. I am on the Waitlist. I missed Anh Leia and Bespin Luke also, went on waitlist and did not get them. Was fortunate to get Bespin Luke from Adam. Never did get Anh Leia.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Considering the posts in the price thread, I wouldn't be surprised if there are numerous cancellations and your waitlist comes through for you.

I hope so - this is a fig where the exclusive accessories are a 'must' for me - when I first saw the $69.99 (the pain!!!!), I figured the exclusive one may have been $5 more than the non exclusive - like Bespin Han was

If it seems like ANH Luke is gonna fly off the shelves at online shops for around $65 then I guess I'll have to get him. especially to go with Obi-Wan. He may be the last one for me. These figs simply aren't worth as much as they're asking for.

Back