ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Strider, how'd his boots turn out?

They have a texture to them that feels cloth-like. I agree with you and pix about them being cloth, but being realistic about Sideshow's practices with boots, I just don't see it happening.

They have a texture to them that feels cloth-like. I agree with you and pix about them being cloth, but being realistic about Sideshow's practices with boots, I just don't see it happening.

So long as they dont look like moon boots a la hasbro, i'll be ok.

I'd love to surprised and wrong.

I just looked at Old Ben's boots, yes he has not cloth tucked in them, but they're tighter to his legs so maybe there's hope. We'll know Thursday most likely.

As stated earlier, I don't think Sideshow like to double up on their exclusives between the PF and 12" versions of a character. I'm pretty sure I've read this in the past - maybe someone could point us to the source??

However it turns out, I just hope I get the hat, goggles and poncho-reg. ed or ex. ed.

My guess is the poncho and hat will be included... I have no real interest in them, but my guess is Sideshow will go all out on this similar to the Jedi Luke.

I always liked Sideshow boots in the Star Wars range...

Most of the other ranges are wearing the same footwear (Freddy and Jason (Except FvJ Jason) for example?)...

Whereas even the boots are sculpted here...

Well Done Sideshow...Well Done...

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Rubber, plastic, cloth... as long as they look good thats what I'm concerned with.

Although the ones for the Endor Trooper did turn out nicely.

I think cloth is the way to go and it isn't like they don't have experience with doing cloth leg wraps. Just give us short boots and then do the cloth over those and have either hooks or something on the back if you want to remove them. Maybe glue them to the boot? Or if you don't want snaps maybe a band of elastic on the top and bottom?

Wow, this one slipped by un-noticed. 50 some pages in, and this is the 1st I heard of it. Glad, I found out before the PPO. Gonna get him for sure.

I think cloth is the way to go and it isn't like they don't have experience with doing cloth leg wraps. Just give us short boots and then do the cloth over those and have either hooks or something on the back if you want to remove them. Maybe glue them to the boot? Or if you don't want snaps maybe a band of elastic on the top and bottom?

You are quite right, an example is the SSC WWI German Stromtrooper.

I think the boots for most SSC SW figs have been great. Much better than the Aragorn boots which look really bad.

I think the boots for most SSC SW figs have been great. Much better than the Aragorn boots which look really bad.

I agree completely with this observation. The Aragorn boots have always been the one thing that has bothered me about that fig.

Back