ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:chew

From what little they are showing, this Luke looks cool with a lot of detail. Outside of the X-wing flight suit, this is my favorite Luke. As soon as they tell me I'm qualified, I'll pre-order.

I was also inspired to buy the regular Han smuggler figure today and get on the Pradji wait list. It will be fun to have a complete collection of ANH figures.

There goes the tax refund...:emperor

:chew

From what little they are showing, this Luke looks cool with a lot of detail. Outside of the X-wing flight suit, this is my favorite Luke. As soon as they tell me I'm qualified, I'll pre-order.

I was also inspired to buy the regular Han smuggler figure today and get on the Pradji wait list. It will be fun to have a complete collection of ANH figures.

There goes the tax refund...:emperor

:woo:ccheerlea:blissy:rock:chase:winner

2116160x600zl7.jpg

Han Solo was billed as "Smuggler: Tatooine." I'm really glad they're calling this one "Luke Skywalker: Episode IV." This just might be an all-in-one figure, complete with Tatooine accessories, Falcon blast shield helmet, and Stormtrooper blaster, belt, and grappling hook. I especially hope they include the ST items.

I didnt read all the thread..Is this sculpt by Trev also?

hahah! I think it seems like I'm busier than I am since Sideshow pre-released three pieces in a month and half's worth of time that I was involved with. I get more sleep then some of the sculptors that I know, believe me!

Trev

Trev, dunno if you can answer this or not but:

When you do a figure, do you do the portrait only or the new accessories as well? The macrobinoculars come to mind right off the bat.

hahah! I think it seems like I'm busier than I am since Sideshow pre-released three pieces in a month and half's worth of time that I was involved with. I get more sleep then some of the sculptors that I know, believe me!

Trev

Alright, then get back to work! :zzwhip :D

Is there anyplace we could see more of your non-Sideshow work? I know I'd like to see it.

I also heard he sculpt while taking a dump :rock

whoops, just saw Trev. Hi Trev :wave

Some people do their best work in the bathroom. :lol

hah! :wave hey there! sculpting in the bathroom...well, if the rumor got started, I wouldn't deny it.lol!

Memnoch- Oh, I have no problem answering that. I think the bottom line is, portrait sculptors get too much of the credit! heh! When I'm hired for a job involving one of these 1/6 scale figures, all I do is the head. Other sculptors are hired to make the accessories and boots and what not. It's more efficient to hire multiple people for those kinds of things., as anyone might guess.

1/4 scale, a sculptor like me usually get to do head/hands/feet.

Trev

1/4 scale, a sculptor like me usually get to do head/hands/feet.

Trev

Interesting. I'm sure it matters case by case, but I would have thought you guys were the ones making the body as well, that way you're more guaranteed the parts match with it, or do they do a body first and hand that off to you for you to match your work with?

By the way, thanks for the all the insights on the creation of all this stuff, it's pretty fascinating, it'd be awesome if Sideshow would share more about their process, I'm sure many people would like to learn more.

portrait sculptors get too much of the credit!

it's a shame you guys get a lot of slack when a HS doesn't look perfect as well. from what i've seen on a lot of sculpts that people initially complain looks nothing like the source (on figures from SSC or Hot Toys or Medicom), a custom repaint usually makes the sculpt really come through. you probably can't respond to this but it must be frustrating to see something you've worked hard on ruined by occasionally dodgy paint, especially when many people resort to blaming the sculpt.

i can't wait to see this one though. it should be incredible.

I've never felt they had it wrong. Hammil's hair got darker with age. I have brown hair now but it was very blonde when I was a kid. I agree it's the right shade for ANH, but I also think Yavin Luke's was correctly blonde.

Alright, then get back to work! :zzwhip :D

Is there anyplace we could see more of your non-Sideshow work? I know I'd like to see it.

Some people do their best work in the bathroom. :lol

I've got a photo of the exclusive Sideshow sculptors "desk" as my avatar.

Back