ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official SS 1:6 ANH Luke Skywalker Photo Thread

I'm like Sean I hate the having two threads. If I see a picture and that comment pertains to it or not I hate having to jump around. Just kind of annoying I suppose.

Its nice to have a thread thats just pictures too though... so you can locate a pic without having to search from page to page of conversation. Yeah?

I just got my Luke.

First impression:

1)A lot of the likeness is lost because of the paint apps but I know Mark Hamill is under there.
2) The tunic doesn't bug me at all.
3) The leg wrappings don't cover the top of the boot... this is a disappointment to me. :(
4) The accessories are many and of pretty high quality.

I would give him an 8/10.

Its nice to have a thread thats just pictures too though... so you can locate a pic without having to search from page to page of conversation. Yeah?

I prefer everything about one figure being in one thread. I don't want surf through 4 pages about the Han Solo figure in a Luke thread but I don't want to jump back and forth between a picture thread and discussion thread. Guess I don't mind looking through a thread. :lol

I realized how bad this issue can be when threads start becoming very long. I was going through one of the several hundred page long threads in the customs thread looking for a specific picture and I gave up after awhile because of the frustration of wading through lots of discussion to get to the pictures. If it's not in someone's photo gallery and you don't remember what page number it was on, it can be a huge pain to find a specific picture again. :banghead I was thinking the other day that when I make a customs thread I'll post all the pictures on the first page or at least in my gallery so they're easy to find.

It's a drag when the thread is called a "photo thread" and there's several pages of just talking. At the same time it would be frustrating to have to go to a different thread to comment on a something. It's nice to have the picture and the comment/critique on the same page.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9493

This is a PICTURES ONLY PLEASE NO POSTS thread that exists in The Sandbox--started oh so long ago by Tom.

Really, how difficult would it be for each new release to create a PICTURES ONLY PLEASE thread. That wouldn't mean that you couldn't post pictures and discuss them in the regular thread (started at the first hint/announcement of a pre-order to show the evolution of a release) it would just mean that if someone was on the fence about acquiring a certain release they could go to the pictures only thread and peruse to their heart's content without any commentary or biased opinion.

Just a dream I have.:monkey2 I know I've been frustarted trying to find a picture and having to go through endless back and forth and diatribes on nothingness (ie derailment).

Maybe we can try it again with the next release-- only then mods (ie moi et m. ours) will delete any comments leaving behind solely the pictures--but refer to the above thread... if it can exist in The Sandbox then why can't we have PICTURES ONLY THREADS in other sections?

This is a PICTURES ONLY PLEASE NO POSTS thread that exists in The Sandbox--started oh so long ago by Tom.

Really, how difficult would it be for each new release to create a PICTURES ONLY PLEASE thread. That wouldn't mean that you couldn't post pictures and discuss them in the regular thread (started at the first hint/announcement of a pre-order to show the evolution of a release) it would just mean that if someone was on the fence about acquiring a certain release they could go to the pictures only thread and peruse to their heart's content without any commentary or biased opinion.

Just a dream I have.:monkey2 I know I've been frustarted trying to find a picture and having to go through endless back and forth and diatribes on nothingness (ie derailment).

Maybe we can try it again with the next release-- only then mods (ie moi et m. ours) will delete any comments leaving behind solely the pictures--but refer to the above thread... if it can exist in The Sandbox then why can't we have PICTURES ONLY THREADS in other sections?

The trouble is, we're all excited about the figures and with each new image we want to talk about it more, not just stare at a gallery. I personally wouldn't post in a conversationless thread, there's nothing to gain from that for me.

I say we just let these be as they've always been since that's worked for so long. Start a thread about the figure when it premiers, then once the thing ships, shift conversation to the image thread, that or just keep it all in one thread seems the easiest way to go about things.

The trouble is, we're all excited about the figures and with each new image we want to talk about it more, not just stare at a gallery. I personally wouldn't post in a conversationless thread, there's nothing to gain from that for me.

I say we just let these be as they've always been since that's worked for so long. Start a thread about the figure when it premiers, then once the thing ships, shift conversation to the image thread, that or just keep it all in one thread seems the easiest way to go about things.

We could keep all the discussion and pictures in one thread-- But an additional pictures only thread would just be for those individuals who want to share how they've posed the character. I think it would help draw people in rather than the extended derailed conversations that often send people away. Let's be honest, the bickering that goes on in the SW section can be very off-putting for some people who just want to relax with their hobby.

I guess I fail to understand why it needs to be a thread and not in the gallery?

I agree leave them as they are. I like the mix of talk and pictures in threads.

We could keep all the discussion and pictures in one thread-- But an additional pictures only thread would just be for those individuals who want to share how they've posed the character. I think it would help draw people in rather than the extended derailed conversations that often send people away. Let's be honest, the bickering that goes on in the SW section can be very off-putting for some people who just want to relax with their hobby.

I'd be fine with that but I can already see someone complaining why we have 2 threads for every figure. :lol

Neil, just move the discussion in to the ANH Luke thread. its really easy. :D

It's a good idea and I'd like to see it happen at least once with a new release. But the mods will have to tidy it up the the inevitable comments.

A nice thing about the gallery is you see 24 pictures at once and can click the thumnail to view a larger copy. It'll be faster to load than a thread with huge pics. People can then leave feedback or comments on specific pictures and it doesn't cludder.

Back