ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is why I really dislike this board sometimes.

The threads almost always devolve into OMG! MEDICOM is better than SS! SS SUCKS! LOLOLO!L!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!exclamation point

There is good information here, and yes, I do collect the Sideshow 1/6 scale figures. I like them. They are well detailed in clothing and sculpt for the price. I have no regrets over a single one I have.

I regretted the Medicom Boba Fett. The armor felt thin and cheap, I was surprised at the plastic belt. I was stunned when a should pad fell off, and that I had to re-glue some of the armor pieces on, since the velcro wasn't sticking. I had to re-position the shoulder bells (which was easy, once they fell off at a gentle touch) and for the rpice, I wish it could have been accurate.

Medicoms Figures, at twice the price of the Sideshow Figures, are not twice as better, in my eyes. I know I will be flamed, and hated, and placed on ignore for stating as such. I simply do not find the Medicom Figures to be worth the cost that they are charging.

But as I'm sure will be said, Sideshow sucks, and Medicom is perfect in every way.

I have ANH Han Solo on the way, and I expect to have him on Monday. And He'll look great next to my other figures, and even more so, next to my Master Replicas Han Solo Blaster.

You forget in your analysis that the average Sideshow figure is 12.5 inches because of their hair - which means that a bald figure, like the standard buck, is not in fact 12.5 inches tall, but rather about 12 inches tall flat, making them much closer to the average male than other figures, let alone the fact that they also make amenities for shorter and taller figures. Besides, I'd rather have a good looking figure than a 'perfectly precise' (if it even is such) figure. I'm no scientist demanding crazy-accurate stats. :lol

And this is why I really dislike this board sometimes.

The threads almost always devolve into OMG! MEDICOM is better than SS! SS SUCKS! LOLOLO!L!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!exclamation point

There is good information here, and yes, I do collect the Sideshow 1/6 scale figures. I like them. They are well detailed in clothing and sculpt for the price. I have no regrets over a single one I have.

I regretted the Medicom Boba Fett. The armor felt thin and cheap, I was surprised at the plastic belt. I was stunned when a should pad fell off, and that I had to re-glue some of the armor pieces on, since the velcro wasn't sticking. I had to re-position the shoulder bells (which was easy, once they fell off at a gentle touch) and for the rpice, I wish it could have been accurate.

Medicoms Figures, at twice the price of the Sideshow Figures, are not twice as better, in my eyes. I know I will be flamed, and hated, and placed on ignore for stating as such. I simply do not find the Medicom Figures to be worth the cost that they are charging.

But as I'm sure will be said, Sideshow sucks, and Medicom is perfect in every way.

I have ANH Han Solo on the way, and I expect to have him on Monday. And He'll look great next to my other figures, and even more so, next to my Master Replicas Han Solo Blaster.

I agree 100%.

I don't see it like that. This is clearly one guy who is trolling the thread. I don't see anyone really medi-bashing.

2170_press04-001.jpg

2170_press02-001.jpg

Now that's Ford as Han Solo!
I really can't wait for mine, Monday can't come soon enough!
Sideshow really stepped up their photo quality with this new set. I hope they keep it up!

500 no-speaking role Jedis in the line-up

I assume you meant to type the number 3 instead of 500:

2155SC.gif
21061.gif
2123.gif

Exaggeration will just force people to correct you, giving the impression that "everybody is against you" and "you're not welcome" when they are merely attempting to balance out exaggerated comments.

It's clear I'm not welcome here.

So with Chavez gone I guess someone else had to take up the reigns of douchebaggery.

And on that it matters... but 1/6 means that (no matter how tall the average person is) a figure should be 2" in height for ever 1' of actual height. So if a character in real life is 6' tall his action figure counterpart should be around 12" tall.

No one gets it perfect, but Medicom does consistently seem to be more off than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

QUOTE]

Im a big Medicom Fan but even I dont feel that they are perfect.
Sometimes I hate it when the body breaks (thankfully, all the new releases that I have got recently, have got much better bodies)

Sometimes I hate it when they give too little accessories.....

But thats the truth, no company is perfect.

Back