ANH Busts: Luke, Leia, Han, Obi Wan & Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eden.S

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'd like to share some pictures of a series 1/5 scale busts I've been working on to add to my portfolio! The original Star Wars movie has been a source of inspiration to me for many years now, so I thought I would finally put some time into sculpting likenesses of each of the main human cast. No droids or Wookies planned yet, though I'm beginning to think Chewie might have to be added to the list! I've been sculpting professionally since around 2004, so I felt ready for the challenge to sculpt what are considered to be some of the toughest character likenesses to capture!
These pieces are all sculpted in Medium Chavant NSP. I've been using this clay for years now because it's fast in getting forms together and holds plenty of fine detail!
I'll share a few progress pics of each character, along with some shots of the finished and painted busts. Enjoy the pics!
Here's Luke.....

Re: ANH Bust Project: Luke, Leia, Han & Obi Wan.

And Leia.....
20150213_134032_zpsb2wtnyn6.jpg

20150213_134819_zpsn8zhrtrf.jpg

12341e7c-3bd6-4ec6-ac0f-519365265671_zpshpwex0qo.jpg
DSCF4009_zpsdrmrvrid.jpg
DSCF4053_zps3hv7gv1a.jpg
DSCF4005_zps8bwcjrry.jpg
DSCF4073_zpsfmntk4s3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Currently working on Obi Wan....these are early wip pics.

These next 3 show the latest progress!

Impressive are you planning to sell some?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Those are fantastic. Likenesses rival or beat many official products out there (including Hot Toys). Great job!

Hot Toys, eat your heart out. Their Leia is nice but the other three are so-so to who the heck is that? These are all great. They have a Trevor Grove quality to them (that's a compliment). Well done!

Fantastic!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Great work.. Your person style comes through in the eyes ....:)

Having seen and commented on these on other forums I just can't help myself from shouting a big AWESOME here too. The speed and quality of the likeness is just phenomenal.

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments guys, it means a lot! Obi Wan is close to being finished and I've taken a few shots I'm really happy with so I thought I'd share them.
This bust has been tough to get right, but a lot of fun to sculpt!

DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1704_zpsm3bixyhe.jpg

DSCF1718_zpswpzf93mt.jpg

Amazing work. Likenesses are spot on for each!

Wow, these are all incredible! I would love to see these down in a bronzed finish too, I think they'd look spectacular like that.

most impressive work.:clap

Amazing - do you paint them yourself as well?

Back