ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing what the larger helmet will look like. I think that small enlargement is going to make all the difference.

wow, glad i found this thread, that new helmet sculpt looks amazing, shape wise i reckon its pretty spot on, but like others have said, a tad undersize. I was just looking at one on shapeways and thinking of ordering a couple, guessing this may be the same one?
I think i'd be 100% down for a couple of the slightly larger ones. Cant wait to see how they look.

2ltijra.jpg

I think that helmet's just a little too small. Interested to see the slightly larger ones you have on the way. The sculpt is great, love the look.

2ltijra.png
[/QUOTE]

I think you're right Talibane. If you look at the row of pics carefully you can see that the screen helmets "ear" pieces clearly overhang the shoulder straps by a fair bit, whereas the helmet sculpt just about meets the edges of the straps.

wow, glad i found this thread, that new helmet sculpt looks amazing, shape wise i reckon its pretty spot on, but like others have said, a tad undersize. I was just looking at one on shapeways and thinking of ordering a couple, guessing this may be the same one?
I think i'd be 100% down for a couple of the slightly larger ones. Cant wait to see how they look.

Yep! It's the same one, except I'm not sure which version is up at the moment, maybe the 1mm increased version, which I think will be best.

Keep in mind a lot has to be done for a workable helmet...namely smoothing and sanding before you can paint it.

View attachment 285225

I think that helmet's just a little too small. Interested to see the slightly larger ones you have on the way. The sculpt is great, love the look.

2ltijra.png

I think you're right Talibane. If you look at the row of pics carefully you can see that the screen helmets "ear" pieces clearly overhang the shoulder straps by a fair bit, whereas the helmet sculpt just about meets the edges of the straps.[/QUOTE]

I think the 1mm increase will help, but any larger and the whole thing will be off...but we all have a preference. Don't forget their angle;

Yep! It's the same one, except I'm not sure which version is up at the moment, maybe the 1mm increased version, which I think will be best.

Keep in mind a lot has to be done for a workable helmet...namely smoothing and sanding before you can paint it.

yeah, i just got an item delivered from shapeways a few days ago, not bad from straight out of the printer, a lot less clean up than i was fearing but, still a good bit of prep needed, well worth it when finished though!

Some of these buckets just barely fit on top of the larger Sandtroopers. From the side it looks like its tiny.

mos-eisley-set_zps487c122e.jpg

Yeah like you said Solo, maybe it is just angles. I reckon the figure may benefit from a slimmer body though. I think the HT stormtrooper standard body is a bit too beefed up. After all the average height a weight of the actors in the costumes in ANH where around 5ft 8" and 140 odd pounds.

Would love to make this one day.

Check out these helmets. I cut just below the frown on this Marmit helmet and reattached it and fixed any seam to reduce the fatness of the job. Looks very close to the new helmet from this angle.

you can clearly see from these 2 pictures just how accurate this new lid is compared to the others. Check out the angle of the grey ear piece on the Movie still and then compare it to the side shots of the helmets. The 3D scan is spot on, all the others are off in there own individual way. We are getting so close with this now it's only a matter of time before we can all have an ultimate stormtrooper screen accurate bucket!!:clap

FB7C6F02-238F-4414-89A6-F6F4D9F0CA8D_zpsqaytmnki.jpgBD02375D-2D7B-44BF-A39C-7A0C5DB6EC21_zpsdgjxp3cu.jpg

They are out for delivery today. It should be really interesting to see the sizing differences. Of course I will eventually have to smooth them out.

I think the ever so slight enlargement will make all the difference. Exited to see the results.

I think the ever so slight enlargement will make all the difference. Exited to see the results.

I think you are right. From certain angles it will look much better and appropriate. From other angles I fear it will be off a little, bit...but I think that has more to do with the difficulty of combining it with properly sized armor. It's a puzzle and this is as close as we're going to get....i feel.

Yeah it's been interesting looking at the recent pictures that you've posted of the Proto helmet on the hot toys stormtrooper body. It brings out the inaccuracies of the armour i.e I think the shoulders bells look too wide as is the thigh armour. I think the whole set up might look significantly better on a slim body.

The Hot Toys stormtroopers have always had incorrect proportions. They're great figures, but to be screen-accurate to ANH both the base bodies and the armour itself would have to be slimmer.

A larger helmet will go some way towards alleviating that "beefcake" issue, and having experimented with various body swaps, I can tell you there are better (slimmer) options out there that will also help.

Hi solo-bones, love your enthusiasm with this project, i get a buzz checking this thread for updates on your progress! I recently got a shapeways trooper lid(polished) but it still needs smoothing out. What methods do you apply to achieve a smooth finish on yours?

IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG

Back