ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With so many missing out and perhaps even losing money, not sure if we're supposed to post these pics here anymore, but I finally - after like 2 years - finished this helmet. It was a total pain to do this - way, way too much sanding and painting - but I'm reasonably happy with how it came out. The decals worked out quite well

This is an ESB style helmet with the black mouth because it's going in my Bespin set-up, though I just noticed that for some reason I painted the chin vent as ANH style so will need to tweak that. I was kind of running out of patience.

The eyes are just black paint with several layers of clear green gloss over it. For those considering cutting out the eye holes and putting real dark green lenses behind, just black plus clear green does give pretty much indistinguishable effect. And btw, I did leave a couple of tiny areas of white inside the lenses deliberately.

Also, I swapped out the ANH shoulder bells for the HT ROTJ versions (which are closer to the ESB style) and used some HT ROTJ hands (which have the ESB hand armor) and also did both a left and right grip set of hands because it's during ESB that they started to dump the "left grip only" rule for stormies.

The chest armor is supposed to ride much higher in ESB (like where there's no black visible in the neck area from the front) but I just ran out of attention span with this one - I may tweak that later. It requires pulling some of the armor off (due to overlapping elastic straps) to adjust the placement and it was hard enough just swapping out the shoulder bells.

MyWzXOE.jpg

Rl5wXEw.jpg

Looks great Tali. The ESB version will be what I will eventually make with one of these helmets.

Great work, Tali!

With so many missing out and perhaps even losing money, not sure if we're supposed to post these pics here anymore, ...

From what I understand, scottjua and I are the only two members who paid and never received their sculpts. For what it's worth, I don't have any bad feelings about this whole situation. You live and you learn, and this time it simply didn't work out. I still love seeing all you guys' work done on this. An accurate ANH bucket remains one of my grails, so all of these shots are simply fueling my desire to have some. :lol

I got bit once with a custom season 1 Daredevil head sculpt. I sent it to a dude that also painted my custom Indy, he was awesome, and his work is fantastic, but he just never sent back the Daredevil HS, and as the excuses slowly piled up the communication slowly disintegrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's the reason I was uncertain about posting any more pics in this thread.

Maybe this thread should just be allowed to fade away and people could post any helmet pics in their own thread or the HT stormie thread (given the figs are 3/4 HT stormie anyway.)

Curious, wondering if this is thee same solobones posting on Jazzinc dio fb page?

IMG_20210205_191901.jpg

Back